17 February 2020 Current Affairs: Read the most important current affairs for writing employment exams such as SSC, LIC, UPSC, and RRB. Banks and finance sectors should check job aspirants’ knowledge of current Banking and Finance affairs. Jobads are the best site for top current affairs offering a detailed explanation of the latest news. RRB will cover mostly national current affairs. So, Read the International Regional, Sports and all other state current affairs to compete in any of the competitive exams. Furthermore, the best current affairs categories can be downloaded and read in the monthly current affairs pdf 2020. Finally, Just spend 10 mins on today’s 17 February 2020 current affairs.
For free current affairs of February 2020, Visit Jobads.
Supreme Court Granted Permanent Commission For Army women | 17 Feb 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- The role of the Permanent Commission extends to all female officers in army, whatever the length of time they have been in service.
- In response to a central government petition challenging the Delhi High Court ruling, the Supreme Court ordered all female officers in the army to be given permanent commission status within three months.
- This concluded that the appointment criteria for women officers were the same as those for men. A bench led by Justice Dewey Chandrachud expressed concern that the appraisal of physical attributes of women was an insult to women and the military.
- The rejection of female officers to command posts is a political judgment and is opposed to the equality right. Finally, Supreme court with new law was on 17th February 2020 current affairs.
5 National Awards For AP Police | 17 Feb 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- At a national seminar in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, State Police Departments were presented with the’ Technology Sabha Awards-2020.’
- AP police have won five national awards from the state and private institutions for professional and investigative matters.
- The first award was given to police for successful weekly off implementation. Second, For the Investigation Tracker, which is the enthusiastic response program for the government.
- The Best Electoral Practice in Voting, and the SC and ST Act Monitoring Dashboard have carried special state distinctions.
- Finally, AP police are working actively in protecting the state and occupies some space on 17 February 2020 current affairs.
Aadhar Cards For Cattle | 17 February 2020 Free Current Affairs
- The government of Andhra Pradesh will allocate a 12-digit Aadhar card to the State’s cattle, goats, and sheep. Government officials must pin tags with “Inoff Tag” on cattle ears.
- The owners who have animals with these tags will get all the government’s benefits. “Inoff Tag” means Information Network for Animal Productivity and Health.
- Those tags will provide the state’s complete cattle data. “Inaugu tag” may also be pinned together with Inoff Tag to provide free vaccine in cattle for livestock disease.
- For this cattle scheme Andhra Pradesh received the Rs 31 crore from the central government. Finally, AP government with new Aadhar card scheme for cattle is on 17 February 2020 current affairs.
Justice Chennakesava Reddy Died | Important Current Affairs Of 17 February 2020
- Justice Palem Chennakeshava Reddy who worked as a lawyer and judge in three different high courts in the state.
- He worked as a judge at Guntur in Madras state, Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh state, and Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh state.
- Chenna Keshava reddy was born in Tatimakulapalli in Kadapa on 3 November 1924. Chennakeshava reddy completed his law degree and started his career in advocacy in 1952.
- He has acquired experience in Criminal Law. He named to the CBI as a Standing Counsel in 1969. Chenna Kesava elevated to chief Justice of the AP in 1984.
- He was transferred as Chief Justice in 1985 to the Guwahati High Court, and retired in 1986. As chief justice, Chennakeshava reddy also holds the record for serving long time. Finally, Chennakeshava died and his works stands on today’s current affairs.
Koneru Humpy Wins Cairns Cup | Latest Current Affairs Of 17 February 2020
- Humpy was the winner of the International Chess Tournament at Cairns Cup. Additionally, Grandmaster Koneru Humpy became the last year’s World Rapid Chess Championship in women’s division.
- Besides, by winning the Cairns cup, she won 5 points and reached 2nd place in the world chess ranking. Opponent Alexander Koustiniak has been battling really hard and Koneru Humpi has been playing well to get title.
- Harika is also in 5th place with the 4.5 points. Koneru Humpy was born in Andhra Pradesh, on 31 March 1987. Koneru became famous in 2002 winning the title of grandmaster.
- Also, She recorded to win Grandmaster as the youngest woman. Finally, Humpy started year with Cairns Cup and occupies space on 17 February 2020 current affairs.
Armand Duplantis Breaks His World Record | 17 February 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- Swedish pole vaulter Armand Duplantis set a world record for the second time in a week by jumping 6.18 meters at Saturday’s Miller Indoor Grand Prix Meet.
- Duplantis awarded a $30,000 prize money for setting a new world record. Armand had a world record of 6.17 meters earlier.
- Armand broked the Renaud Lavillenie record in the last week. He broke his record in the same week by jumping 6.18 meters.
- Armand Mondo Duplantis is a 15-year-old pole vaulter and finished 2nd in Doha, Qatar in the 2019 IAAF World Championships.
- Duplantis won gold at European championships in 2018. Finally, This year with new record is on 17 February 2020 current affairs.
Aravind Kejriwal As a Delhi CM | Today Current Affairs | State Current Affairs
- For the third time, Aravind Kejriwal takes oath as a chief minister of Delhi. Delhi Letinuant Governor Anil Baijal controlled the oath ceremony of Kejriwal.
- Besides, 6 ministers Maneesh Sisodia, Kailesh Gehlot, Imran Hussain, Satyendra Jain, Gopal Roy, Rajendra Pal Gautam oath as the Kejriwal cabinet ministers.
- In general election, Aam Aadmi Party won the 62 seats out of 70 seats. Arvind Kejriwal was born on 16 August 1968 in Haryana.
- Before coming to politics, Arvind Kejriwal served as an Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax in the Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
- In 2015, Kejriwal is the 7th Chief Minister of Delhi. Also, He awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award for taking an active role in the Parivartan movement. Finally, Kejriwal as a Best successful CM of Delhi is on 17th February 2020 current affairs.