18 March 2020 Current Affairs: Job aspirants who applied for the police, army, navy, airforce, and other defense jobs must read the important current affairs. All protection force exams will focus more on the event and bilateral exercises. Besides, Bank job seekers can also get the top current affairs for SBI PO, IBPS clerks, RRB Assistant and other private bank exams. Also, Candidates who are preparing for GATE exams can read the science and technology current affairs. Thus, Be a regular visitor to Jobads to get the free current affairs for all competitive exams. Finally, Read today’s 18th March 2020 current affairs.
National Current Affairs
Ranjan as a Rajya Sabha Member | Today Current Affairs In English
- The former chief justice of the Supreme Court, Ranjan Gogoi has been elected as a member of Rajya Sabha. President Ramnath Kovind has named Ranjan Gogoi as a nominated member of the quota.
- Justice Gogoi is the first candidate to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha by the Supreme Court. The senior counsel of the Supreme Court, KTS Thulasi, has nominated Justice Gogoi to fill the vacancy.
- In 2001, Assam’s Justice Gogoi was appointed Judge of the Guwahati High Court. Later, Ranjan served as Punjab-Haryana high court judge and chief justice.
- Ranjan was subsequently elevated to Judge of the Supreme Court on 23 April 2012. On 3 October 2018, Ranjan was sworn in as the 46th CJI Supreme Court and retired on 17 November 2020. Finally, Ranjan Gogoi entered the Rajyasabha and is on 18 March 2020 current affairs.
Central Sanskrit Universities Bill | Latest Current Affairs Of 18 March 2020
- On March 16, the Rajya Sabha passed the Central Sanskrit Universities 2019 Bill with several changes. The main aim of the passing bill is to convert the Deemed Universities into Central universities.
- New Delhi’s Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi’s Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha and Tirupati’s Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha will be converted into central universities.
- The bill was passed by human resources minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank in the Rajya Sabha. The Central Sanskrit bill would also help to strengthen the national languages.
- Finally, Rajya Sabha with Central Sanskrit Universities Bill 2019 is on March 18, 2020, current affairs.
Companies Amendment Bill 2020 | Important Current Affairs Of 18 March 2020
- Anurag Thakur introduced the Companies Amendment Bill 2020 in the Lok Sabha. The main reason for passing this bill for doing ethical and honest business in India.
- This an updated bill for the Companies Act, 2013. Nearly, 72 changes are made by the central government. Also, This bill helps to remove criminality in 35 procedural defaults.
- It will enable the direct provisional listing of securities of Indian public companies. Besides, This bill is giving exemption for companies whose corporate social responsibility (CSR) obligation is below rupees 50 lakh. Finally, Anurag Thakur with Companies Amendment Bill 2020 is on 18 March 2020 current affairs.
Permanent Commission to Women In Navy | Top 10 Current Affairs Of 18 March 2020
- The Supreme Court ordered that the Indian Navy would set up a permanent commission for female employees. The center demanded that the process be completed within three months.
- Women are to gain equal opportunities with men. The Supreme Court lodged a petition seeking a permanent commission for female Navy officers.
- Assigning responsibilities and competitiveness-based tasks helps them to tackle discrimination. It is unfair that if the Navy does not set up a permanent commission for female officers.
- Women were recruited in the Navy on the basis of policies declared in 1998 by the Centre. Thus, the Supreme court approved the Permanent Commission to women in Navy petition and is on 18 March 2020 current affairs.
MNRE Launched New Website | Important Current Affairs Of The Day
- R K Singh who is the Minister of State for Power and New and Renewable Energy launched the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy new Website.
- Website designed with updated techniques like interactive and user-friendly, and provided with assistance for visually disabilities people.
- To make stakeholders and project holders more comfortable by providing accurate information in time. Besides, ‘Akshay Urja Portal’ and ‘India Renewable Idea Exchange‘ two portals are included in this portal.
- ‘Akshay Urja Portal’ is an awareness campaign portal for developing renewable energy sources. Also, Akshay Urja Diwas celebrated every year on August 20. IRIX is a global RE community platform for sharing real-time innovation renewable sector. Thus, MNRE with the new website is on 18 March 2020 current affairs.
State Current Affairs
Karnataka Assembly Deputy Speaker Resigned | Free Current Affairs Of 18 March 2020
- Krishna Reddy who is the Karnataka Assembly Deputy Speaker submitted resignation to the speaker Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri.
- At present, BJP has the majority in the house and fill the vacant place. Some legislature leaders and Doddagoudar Mahantesh Basavantaray given notice against the Krishna Reddy.
- However, Krishna Reddy set the resignation and the speaker dropped the no-confidence motion against him. In 2018, Krishna Reddy is a Janata Dal (Secular) MLA elected as a deputy speaker during the past Congress-JD(S) combination government.
- With the Chintamani constituency, Krishna reddy entered the Assembly. Finally, With Resignation, Krishna Reddy is on 18th March 2020 current affairs.
CMAST and CMAT Scheme | Daily Current Affairs Of March 2020
- Manipur Government launched a Chief Ministers AkhannabaSanaroisingiTengbang (CMAST) scheme. CM N Biren Singh launched the scheme to benefit the sportspersons and artists of Manipur state.
- This scheme helps the sportspersons to buy costly sports items. Sportsmen who brought gold, bronze, and silver medals in international sports will get a permanent job in the government sector.
- Also, Sportspersons will get a lifetime pension scheme by the Manipur government. Besides, Chief Ministergi Artiste SinggiTengbang (CMAT) scheme is introduced by the Manipur state for Artists.
- It is specially designed for performing artists, literary artists, and visual artists. This scheme will provide pension and financial assistance to the artists who contributed the tradition, culture of Manipur in National festivals. Finally, New schemes CMAST and CMAT are on 18 March 2020 current affairs.
New Madhya Pradesh Chief Secretary | Top 10 Current Affairs Of 18 March 2020
- Madhya Pradesh’s government appointed the M Gopal Reddy as the new state chief secretary. M Gopal Reddy will replace the Mohanthy.
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon approved the appointment of Gopal Reddy. Previously, Gopal reddy served as an Officer on Special Duty in the state government.
- The present chief secretary, SR Mohanty will retire on 31st March. Recently, Mohanty promoted to the director-general of Ronald Carlton Piyadade Vivian (RCPV) Academy of Administration.
- Mohanty will control the Women’s Commission, Youth, and the Public Service Commission. Thus, Gopal Reddy as a new chief secretary of Madhya Pradesh is on 18 March 2020 current affairs.
Hirdesh As J&K Chief Electoral Officer | Today Current Affairs
- Hirdesh Kumar is appointed as the new Chief Electoral Officer of Jammu and Kashmir. Besides, Hridesh Kumar is a 1999 batch IAS officer currently serving as Commissioner Secretary in the School Education ministry.
- Present CEO Shailendra Kumar will handover the charge to the Hirdesh. The sudden appointment of Hirdesh is because of Jammu and Kashmir administration requested the election commission of India to replace the Shailendra Kumar.
- However, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sunil Arora announced the Hirdesh as a J&k commissioner. Thus, the New chief election commissioner of J&K Hirdesh Kumar is on 18 March 2020 current affairs.