22 March 2020 Current Affairs: Study the free current affairs to qualify in any bank and other competitive examinations. The important current affairs at Jobads can be read directly by job-aspirants who are busy studying in other subjects. To make the question paper more complicated, both Gk exams and job tests include the latest current affairs. This website is renowned for its latest everyday and monthly affairs. In addition, use the full study material of top-current affairs and get a job in the state and central govt sector. Work hard on current affairs, where many people have struggled to cross cut-off. Finally, Just study 22nd March 2020 current affairs.
International Current Affairs
Global Meteorological Day | Free Current Affairs Of 22 March 2020
- World Meteorological Day is celebrated on 23 March each year. It was established in 1950. World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the United Nations also observe the Day.
- On that day in 1950 the World Meteorological Organization was chosen as 23 March. Every year the WMO fixes the day’s theme.
- This year, the theme is associated with the 22 March World Water Day celebrated. World Meteorological Day 2020 is the theme: Climate and Water.
- The subject is about drought, floods, frozen water and much more. World Meteorological Day’s slogan this year is “Count Every Drop, Every Drop Counts.” For this day, several Conferences and Exhibitions are being held. Actually, about 844 million people lack clean drinking water, according to the United Nations.
- Every day 800 children die due to diarrhea caused mainly by poor sanitation of the water. Finally, Global Meteorological Day as an important day is on 22nd March 2020 current affairs.
Global Happiness Report 2020 | Latest Current Affairs Of 22 March 2020
- The UN released the Global Happiness Report 2020. The World Happiness Report rates 156 countries by their perception of how happy their people are.
- The study is a landmark survey of the globally happy society. It is the 8th edition of the Report on World Happiness.
- The World Happiness Report 2020 focused in particular on conditions for happiness and more explicitly emphasizes social environments for happiness as measured by the quality of personal social interactions and social institutions.
- World Happiness Report 2020 analyses the countries on the different parameters such as GDP Per Capita, Social Support, Healthy Life Expectancy, Freedom to make life choices, Generosity, Perceptions of corruption. Finally, Finland as the happiest country is on 22 March 2020 current affairs.
Banking Current Affairs
New Insurance Plan Covering Covid-19 By DBS and Bharti AXA
- DBS Bank India has joined hands with Bharti AXA to start a new insurance plan covering all medical conditions, including Covid-19.
- This new plan would cover all medical conditions like Covid-19, and up to 10 days of hospitalization, with a cover of Rs 5,000 per day, for a 30-day period.
- The customers of DBS Bank can purchase health insurance products through general insurance partners given in the digibank app.
- Periodic meetings are conducted by the bank with its insurance partners to ensure seamless and end-to-end online access to these facilities and improvisation to the products.
- Guarantee of payments for hassle-free hospitalization and arrangement of emergency medical evacuation for NRIs with dependents in the country are also included in this program.
- An Emergency Global Medical Assist Program that provides 24×7 access to medical support is also offered to the customers. Finally, Covid-19 protection plans are on 22nd March 2020 current affairs.
Sports Current Affairs
2 New Women Umpires Entered ICC Referee List | Important Current Affairs
- In the International Panel of ICC Women Umpires, India’s Janani Narayanan and Vrinda Rathi have been elected, bringing the total number of women to match officials across various committees of the International Cricket Council up to 12.
- Since 2018, 34-year-old Narayanan has been umpiring in Indian domestic tournaments, while 31-year-old Rathi has been umpiring in Indian domestic cricket since 2018 as well. Rathi was inspired to take up umpiring after watching New Zealand’s former umpire Kathy Cross at the 2013 Women’s World Cup and thinks umpiring is a normal move forward for her.
- Narayan idolizes England’s late David Shepherd and India’s former umpire Srinivas Venkatraghavan. The initiative is aimed at building more enthusiasm around the women’s game ahead of New Zealand’s 2021 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup. Thus, the Updated ICC women’s umpire list is on 22 March 2020 current affairs.