8 February 2020 Current Affairs: Hello job aspirants!!! Are you looking for the latest current affairs of the day? If yes, you are at the right platform. It is our responsibility and duty to know what is happening all around the world. You can also start your exam preparation for various competitive exams by referring to our Day to Day Current Affairs. Here we are presenting to you the 8 February 2020 Current Affairs. Job contenders can go through these top current affairs to know the top news and latest happenings of various fields like sports, national, international, etc from all over the world. After reading the Important Current Affairs, take Current Affairs Quiz to analyze your performance. Join our Jobads Whatsapp group to get Daily Current Affairs on your mobile. Let’s get started with 8 February 2020 Current Affairs.
The Indian Army Major develops the first Bulletproof AK-47 Bullet Helmet in the world
- An Indian Army Major who had created a bulletproof jacket for sniper bullet protection has now developed a helmet that is said to be the first in the world.
- It is able to stop an AK-47 bullet round from a distance of 10 meters.
- Under the Abhedya Project, Major Anoop Mishra has created the ballistic helmet, which has also developed a bulletproof full-body safety jacket that can withstand even sniper rifles.
- Fifty thousand bulletproof jackets were procured for the Indian Army through the Revenue Route during the year 2016-17.
- In April 2018, the contract to procure 1,86,138 BPJs through the Capital Road was concluded under the category Buy (Indian).
- In addition, a contract for the procurement of 1,58,279 Ballistic Helmet through Capital Route was concluded in December 2016, Subhash Bhamre, the Minister of State for Defence, had informed Lok Sabha in a written reply in July 2018.
Pakistan’s Jamshed Jailed For 17 Months Over Spot Fixing allegations
- Nasir Jamshed – Pakistan Former batsman has been jailed for 17 months on Friday over spot fixing. After pleading guilty on Friday to conspiracy to bribe fellow cricketers to spot-fix in the PSL.
- This 30 year old cricket player was arrested along with two other people Yousef Anwar & Mohammed Ijaz in spot fixing allegations last February.
- Jamshed also agreed to not score runs from the first two balls of an over in return for a share of an overall 30,000 pounds (USD 39,000, 35,000-euro) fee.
- Jamshed has played 18 Twenty20 International, 2 Test and 48 one-day cricket for Pakistan.
- Jamshed was the target of Bribery in the Bangladesh “two dot ball” plan which was eventually called off. Nasir Jamshed has been banned from playing cricket by Pakistan Cricket Board’s anti-corruption unit last year.
Delhi Legislative Assembly Election 2020
- Retired IAS Officer Vinod Zutsh has appointed as a special observer for Delhi Legislative Assembly
- Elections by Election Commission.
- Main Political Parties in Delhi are The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Indian National Congress (INC)Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
- These parties are participating in Delhi legislative assembly elections. Nearly 1.5 crore people will eligible to vote for the Delhi legislative assembly election.
- Legislative Assembly elections to elect 70 members of Delhi Legislative Assembly held in Delhi on 8 February 2020 and the election result will be announced on the date of 11th February 2020. The term of current assembly 2015 will expire by 22nd February 2020.
- Congress party has ruled Delhi for 15 years between 1998 and 2013. Aam Admi Party Aravind Kezrival party had swept the Delhi Elections in 2015.
Telangana CM Flags off Second Corridor of Hyderabad Metro Rail
- In 2017 PM Narendra Modi launched the Hyderabad Metro Station. And now Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao inaugurated the second corridor of Metro Rail from JubileeBus Station (JBS) to (MGBS) Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station.
- It lasts 11 km and it connects the twin cities Secunderabad and Hyderabad on the Musi river.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail was the world’s second largest working metro network covering 69.2 km. By road, it will take up to 45 minutes but now you can reach your destination by 16 minutes from the metro rail according to the L&t Press release.
- JBS metro station is one of the tallest five levels in the project. The MGBS station spreads 3 lakh feet and it was the largest metro station in the country with special features. So, Hyderabad Metro got a place on 8 February 2020 Current Affairs.
Indian Scientist in Australia has been working on the coronavirus vaccine
- The outbreak of Wuhan Coronavirus in China and all over the world had created an international panic situation.
- A huge number of people have fallen ill and died in China. To help the people from this dangerous situation, an Indian scientist along with his team is working hard to save the world with the quick Coronavirus vaccine.
- Professor SS Vasan of CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) and his team of scientists had successfully produced novel Coronavirus strain outside China to begin clinical trials of medicine in large numbers.
- Scientists at Australia’s Doherty Institute had also managed to isolate the virus from a human sample. The Indian Scientist Prof SS Vasan had also been a part of developing new vaccines for dengue, chikungunya and Zika virus.
On 8th Feb 2020, Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa arrived in New Delhi
- On 8th Feb 2020, Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa arrived in New Delhi. At the invitation of our Prime Minister, he is on a State visit to India from 8th to 11th February 2020.
- 8th February is the main key day of engagement on which he will hold talks with the Prime Minister at a delegation level.
- He is also invited by our President and also by the Minister of External Affairs in the morning.
- The Sri Lankan prime minister would fly to Varanasi, Sarnath, Bodh Gaya, Tirupati before returning to Colombo after his official engagements in Delhi. The two countries had a series of high level exchanges.
- President Gotabaya Rajapaksa chose India as the first destination to visit after taking up his position as President, his victory in the election. Hence, Sri Lankan Prime Minister is in the 8 February 2020 current affairs news headlines.
US is India’s Preferred Trade Partner in the Journey to be $5 Trillion Economy: Taranjit Singh Sandhu
- Addressing an American business community gathering at a reception hosted by the US India Strategic and Partnership Forum in his honor on Friday.
- Mr. Sandhu said the scope for collaboration between the US and India is limitless. Prime Minister Narendra Modi already set a goal to reach $3 trillion before.
- Now it is increased to $5 trillion economies by 2024. This decision will definitely affect the business communities across both countries.
- The India-US ties stakeholders are adding the entrepreneurs, business, and women.
- Already in India, there are 2000 companies that are hosting and similarly, over 200 companies have invested $18 billion to get 100000 direct jobs. Year to year the Bilateral Trade was increasing by 10% and it was marked to $160 billion in 2019.
- Taranjit Singh Sandhu, he is from 1988 batch Indian Foreign Service official. Last time he was Deputy Ambassador from July 2013 to January 2017. Before that, he served as India’s High Commissioner to Srilanka till the last week.
Andhra Pradesh CM Jagan Mohan Reddy inaugurates the first state-run Disha police station
- On Saturday Chief Minister Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy launched the Andhra Pradesh State’s first Disha Police Station in Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry).
- Disha Police Stations are model stations designed to ensure speedy justice for women victims of sexual assault (rape), abuse and child protection from sexual offenses.
- The police stations at Disha will bring the crimes against women in the state, which is said by the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy.
- The inauguration program was attended by Home Minister Mekathoti Sucharita, Deputy Chief Minister and Minister of Revenue Pilli Subashchandra Bose, Social Welfare Minister Pinipe Viswaroop, other Ministers, MPs, MLAs, DGP D. Gautam Sawang and others.
- Eventually, Identical police stations would be formed across the state of Andhra Pradesh’s remaining 17 police districts and commissionerates.
Philip Barton has been appointed as the High Commissioner to India by the British Government
- The British Government has appointed Career Diplomat Philip Barton as High Commissioner to India. He succeeded in Dominic Asquith.
- The appointment is set to take effect from Spring 2020. Barton was the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Director General, Consular and Security from April 2017 until January 2020.
- In 1986, Barton joined the FCO and is a career diplomat. He was posted as Deputy Governor in Caracas, New Delhi, Gibraltar and as Deputy Ambassador to Washington.
- From 2014 to 2016 he was the British High Commissioner for Pakistan. John Major and Tony Blair were Private Secretaries to Prime Ministers.
- Barton has also worked as Director-General for the Anti-Corruption Summit of the PM in the Cabinet Office and as Director of Foreign Policy and Co-ordinator for Afghanistan / Pakistan in support of the National Security Council.