9 February 2020 Current Affairs: Utilize the free current affairs for central and state government exams. So many job seekers are failing to cross the cut-off marks in the current affairs questions. Thus, to avoid tension and fear, Jobads is presenting the daily current affairs. Regular preparation will give more results than monthly preparation. Job seekers can get the day to day current affairs 2020 in English. Feel free to study Banking current affairs, UPSC current affairs, Police current affairs, Sports current affairs. Also, Get the monthly current affairs at ebooks, to practice more current affairs questions. Finally, check out the 9 February 2020 current affairs.
For more latest Current Affairs Of February 2020, Visit Jobads.
India’s New Pranash Ballistic Missile | Top 10 Current Affairs Of 9 February 2020
- To boost up the Army and Air Force, India is developing a new 200-km strike range ballistic missile Pranash.
- This Pranash ballistic missile is the updated version of the 150-km strike range Prahar missile. Prahar missile is the advancement of Prithvi ballistic missiles.
- Prahar missile is the advancement of Prithvi ballistic missiles. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has been working on the development of this 200-km strike range Pranash ballistic missile and is used for tactical missions.
- DRDO is also planning to conduct the trials of the Pranash missile in the next couple of years. The Air Force and Army will be using this surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
- This solid-propellant single-stage missile will also be sold to friendly foreign countries as its strike range is within the acceptable limits of international missile sales regimes. Finally, Indian’s new missile is on 9 February 2020 current affairs.
New US Ambassador to the UK | 9 February 2020 Free Current Affairs
- Dame Karen Pierce appointed as the United States Ambassador to Britain. She became the first woman in the diplomatic service to hold that position, the most influential. Karen is currently serving on the United Nations as the permanent representative of the UK.
- She would succeed Kim Darroch who had resigned in 2019 in leaked diplomatic cables because of his controversial comments about US President Donald Trump.
- She served as a British ambassador to Afghanistan in 2015-16. Before going to the UN, she held the position of political director at the Foreign Office.
- Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab welcomed the appointment of Pierce to the post, saying in a statement Friday, “We are proud to be sending such an excellent diplomat to Washington and I warmly congratulate her on her nomination.” Finally, Dame Karen Pierce with new responsibilty is on 9 February 2020 current affairs.
World Bank Chief Economist Resigned | 9 February 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- World Bank Chief Economist Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg revealed that she will leave the organization, according to a letter sent to colleagues and published by AFP.
- Goldberg announced that she would step down from her post on March 1 to return to teaching at Yale University, calling it a “difficult decision”.
- World Bank President David Malpass said in a separate letter that research director Aart Kraay will take over for Goldberg until a new permanent chief economist appointment.
- Goldberg was the first Chief Editor of the American Economic Review and taught economics at Yale before entering the bank, a graduate of the University of Freiburg in Germany and Stanford University in the USA. Finally, Goldberg with resignation is on 9th February 2020 current affairs.
Andhra Pradesh’s First Disha Police Station | 9 February 2020 Latest Current Affairs
- The first Disha Police Station inaugurated on 8 February 2020 by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh is to inaugurate 18 Disha police stations by the end of February 2020. These stations function under Disha Act, 2019.
- These 18 police stations act as the upgraded versions of existing women police stations. Each police station should be added with 26 to 47 polices.
- Stations have been given a 30% Special allowance. The AP Government has passed the Disha Bill,2019 in december.
- The bill aims to investigate all the crimes against women within 7 to 14 days. It also calls for the death penalty under IPC Section 376 (Indian Penal Code).
- The act also punishes crimes against children with 10 to 14 years in jail. Finally, AP with first Disha police station is on 9 February 2020 current affairs.
23rd National Conference on e-Governance | 9 February 2020 Current Affairs In English
- The 23rd National Conference on e-Governance was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The main theme of this conference is to transform India into Digital Technologies.
- The conference held on 7-8th February 2020. Union Minister of State for Personnel Dr. Jitendra Singh and Maharashtra IT Minister Satej Patil are the guest honors of this conference.
- This e-Governance platform, used to initiate the resolving issues in education, agriculture, and land. This conference was attended by all 28 states and 9 union territories around 1000 delegates participated.
- The National Conference also arranged the e-Governance awards. Ayushman Bharat and National Health Authority received the award in the category of Government Process and ReEngineering For Digital Transformation.
- And also the Department of IT Haryana received a gold medal in the category of Providing Citizen-Centric Delivery of Services. Finally, National e-Governance conference is on 9 Feb 2020 current affairs.
Separate Identity for Trangenders | 9 February 2020 Gk Current Affairs
- Rajasthan State announced a separate Community for Transgender with the mainstream society. It provides a separate identity card for transgenders.
- This announcement made by the social minister Master Bhanwarlal Meghwal. The main aim is to get the government schemes from the Government and to get the benefits of Government Jobs in all government schemes.
- Human Rights groups have long been lobbying for the inclusion of transgenders in mainstream society. The state’s only transgender has got a government job under a woman’s quota in police.
- The state comprises more than one lakh transgender. Yet based on the census, the state only includes 16,517 transgenders. Finally, Rajshtan with special identity for transgenders is on 9 February 2020 current affairs.