1 March 2020 Current Affairs: Prepare the latest current affairs for any state or central govt exam. Use the latest current affairs before you settle down in the career. Job seekers looking for top exam current affairs, Jobads is the right platform for them. People can also read free current affairs in various categories such as Sports, Arts and Culture, Banking and Finance, National and International Current Affairs. Having read the current affairs of today, practice today’s current affairs quiz questions to gain confidence. Candidates can also download the current monthly affairs pdf from our e-books. Then, Start reading current affairs on 1 March 2020.
International Current Affairs
Malaysia New Prime Minister is Muhyiddin Yassin | Latest Current Affairs Of 1st March 2020
- In Malaysia, this morning, newly appointed Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yasin has taken the oath of office. The swearing-in ceremony took place in Kuala Lumpur, at the National Palace.
- Muhyiddin Yasin leads a coalition led by the Malay Muslim majority of the country’s ethnic population. A week ago, Malaysia plunged into chaos as Mahathir Mohamad’s coalition collapsed following an attempt to push out Anwar Ibrahim, the chief in wait.
- Besides, Muhyiddin Yasin is the eighth prime minister of Malaysia. Muhyiddin Yassin, supported by the corruption-lacquered former ruling party.
- Mr. Mahathir, the oldest elected leader in the world, had come back to power in 2018 in an alliance with his old rival, Anwar Ibrahim. Finally, Muhyiddin Yassin as a Malaysia New Prime Minister is on 1 March 2020 current affairs.
World Defence Day | Important Current Affairs Of The Day
- World Defence day every year observed on 1st March. This day marked to spread awareness of public protection from natural and technogenic disasters and rescue service work.
- In 1990, the International Civil Defense Organization (ICDO) General Assembly proclaimed World Civil Defense Day.
- ICDO established in Paris in 1931 by the French surgeon-general George Saint-Paul. Besides, It recognized in June 1935 by the French Parliament and gained the status of an intergovernmental body, in 1972.
- ICDO’s Constitution has two main purposes aimed at drawing the world’s public’s attention to the vital importance of Civil Protection, raising awareness of the readiness for self-protection and preventive measures to be taken in the event of incidents or disasters.
- Thus, the World Defense day as an important day 1 March 2020 current affairs.
National Current Affairs
RaiDer-X: New Device developed by DRDO and IISc Bangalore for explosive detection.
- A new Explosive Detection System called RaiDer-X unveiled at the National Explosive Detection Laboratory on March 1, 2020.
- RaiDer-X is capable of detecting explosives in pure form and also those applied with contaminants. RaiDer-X is proficient in discovering explosives in pure form and more added with contaminants.
- Explosive detection is of great importance for inspecting whether a container contains explosives, especially at ports, airports, and border areas.
- There are two primary Explosive Detection groups, namely Bulk Detection and Trace Detection. Colorimetric is the common concept used to detect explosives of both types.
- The test is based on the identification of the explosive nitrogen compound with its reactions of color. This is because almost all of the explosives are composed of compounds dependent on nitroaromatic, nitramine or nitrate.
- The new RaiDer-X explosive device overcomes those drawbacks. Finally, RaiDer-X as an explosive detector is on 1 March 2020 current affairs.
State Current Affairs
Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee Award goes to Assam CM for Politics | Free Current Affairs
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal presented with Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee’s award at 6th India’s Ideas Conclave on February 28.
- It was presented by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Speaker of People’s Majlis of Maldives Mohamed Nasheed.
- This award was instituted by India Foundation. This award was given to the people in various fields like economics, Social Works, Politics, and Culture.
- Besides, The award carries a specially designed trophy, a citation, and a cheque with Rs. 1 lakh. The award was for his work in integrating the nation and to take Mukherjee’s vision and Philosophy forward.
- Syama Prasad Mukherjee was born on 6th July 1901 and he co-founded the Janata Party. Now, renamed as Bharatiya Janata Party. He is the youngest Vice-Chancellor of Calcutta University. Finally, Sarbananda Sonowal with a new award is on 1st March 2020 current affairs.
Banking Current Affairs
Sumant Kathpalia, the new CEO of IndusInd Bank | Today Current Affairs
- Consumer Banking head Sumant Kathpalia appointed as the new managing director and chief executive of IndusInd Bank from March 2020.
- The name of the candidate for the role of MD and CEO, sent to the Reserve Bank of India by the nomination and remuneration committee and the board of the bank.
- The RBI on Thursday approved the appointment of Sumant Kathpalia as the MD and CEO. Kathpalia is in association with the bank since 2008 and took the responsibility of building the consumer loan portfolio from scratch to expand the loan book adopted by the bank.
- He has also been a part of Citi and Bank of America. Kathpalia, 55, a qualified Chartered Accountant and commerce graduate from Hindu College, Delhi University.
- Romesh Sobti was the CEO from 2008 to Feb 2020. Finally, Sumant Kathpalia, IndusInd bank CEO is on 1 March 2020 current affairs.
Sports Current Affairs
Novak Djokovic Won Fifth Dubai Tennis Championship Title | Latest Current Affairs
- Tennis Championships 2020 held on 17th to 29th February at Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Stadium. Novak Djokovic had entered on a strong winning streak into the event.
- Since winning the inaugural ATP Cup title with Serbia followed by a historic 8th Australian Open title, he was in favor of claiming the title in Dubai and continuing this year’s unbeaten run.
- Maintaining his winning run in early 2020, top seed Novak Djokovic outplayed second seed Stefanos Tsitsipas to claim his 5th Open title in Dubai.
- This was his 18th consecutive early-year win and his 79th overall career title. This was Tsitsipa’s second successive defeat in the Dubai Open final after he lost to Roger Federer in last year’s final.
- More specifically, having won the Marseille Open title last week, Tsitsipas was unsuccessful in clinching his second consecutive title in two weeks. Finally, Novak Djokovic with a new title is on 1 March 2020 current affairs.