15 January 2020 Current Affairs: Read today current affairs to avoid the last-minute rush. Many job applicants feel the tension and forget the stuff gained from their preparation. Thus, Job seekers have to perfect in the daily, weekly, monthly current affairs. Then, just look after the free current affairs website which is Jobads. This is well known for its top and important current affairs. After reading the day-to-day current affairs in this site many job seekers qualified for UPSC civil services. Also, people can get the latest current affairs in different categories. Finally, Give a glance reading on 15 January 2020 current affairs.
Army Day | Important Days Current Affairs | 15 Jan 2020 Top Current Affairs
- Every year, the army honors January 15 as Army Day, which is the decision taken over by the Indian Army first officer.
- In 1949, General KM Cariappa (later Field Marshal) took over as Indian Army commander-in-chief. Cariappa displaced the last British commander General Sir Francis Robert Roy Bucher, who worked in the head position from 1st January 1948 to 15th January 1949.
- Bucher’s ancestor General Sir Robert McGregor Macdonald Lockhart served as commander-in-chief from 15 Aug 1947 to December 31.
- He played a pivotal role during the partition in finding an amicable settlement for the separation of the army between India and Pakistan.
- Then he was a member of the Military Reconstitution Commission, which is a sub-committee on the Army.
- The five-star rating has earned by just three military officers: Cariappa, Indian Air Force Marshal Arjan Singh, and Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw. Finally, Army day as an important day is on 15 January 2020 current affairs.
8th Wonder of SCO | Free Current Affairs Of 15 Jan 2020 | Latest Current Affairs
- Statue of Unity included in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) 8 wonders List. Now it is the world’s tallest Statue and it was about 182 meters in height.
- It was inaugurated by Narendra Modi on the occasion of 143th Patel’s birth anniversary in 2018. This project fully funded by the Gujarat government and this project cost estimation was Rs. 3050 crores.
- And now it was 8th wonder of SCO list announced by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Monday.
- He appreciated the SCO’s efforts on Twitter for encouraging tourism among member nations and he mentioned that the Statue of Unity will surely serve to be an inspiration.
- Finally, the 8th Wonder of SCO list is on 15 January 2020 current affairs.
Debabrata Patra as RBI Deputy Governor 2020 | Top 10 Current Affairs
- Michael Debabrata Patra elected as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) by the Cabinet Appointments Committee (ACC).
- He will be the central bank’s fourth deputy governor; the post that lies vacant since June last year due to Viral Acharya’s resignation.
- Patra’s appointment approved for a three-year term by ACC. Since 1985 he has worked in various capacities at RBI.
- Patra, who is currently RBI’s executive director, is likely to take over Acharya’s monetary-policy portfolio. Before his appointment as Deputy Governor, since March 2006 affiliated with the central bank’s Monetary Policy Department as Adviser-in-Charge.
- RBI has been functioning with Central bank Governor Shaktikanta Das and three deputy governors NS Vishwanathan, BP Kanungo and MK Jain.
- Michael Patra holds an economics doctorate from the Institute of Technology of India(IIT). He is famous as a Monetary policy hawk. Thus, As a new RBI deputy governor is on 15 January 2020 current affairs.
Janak Raj “the third internal member” | Daily Current Affairs Of January 2020
- Janak Raj currently serves in the monetary policy department as Reserve Bank of India’s chief advisor.
- The Janak Raj named to the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) as the third internal member of a central bank.
- He currently operates as the principal advisor to RBI in the department of monetary policy.
- He will succeed Michael Patra, the department’s executive director of monetary policy, who promoted to the rank of a deputy governor.
- The MPC composes six members, three of whom are internal members of the RBI and three are external experts.
- Through default, the Governor and the Deputy Governor of RBI, who are in charge of monetary policy, are the two internal RBI members of MPC as required by law.
- Any RBI officer could be the third Member. Thus, As an important person of the Monetary Policy Committee is on 15 January 2020 current affairs.
“The 2019 ODI Cricketer” | 15 Jan 2020 Current Affairs | Top 10 Current Affairs
- International Cricket Council announced the ICC Awards 2019 on January 15.
- According to the ICC, Indian skipper Virat Kohli won the ‘Spirit of Cricket’ award for supporting Steve Smith during India vs Australia world cup match.
- While Rohit Sharma honored with the ICC ODI Cricketer 2019 award.
- He recorded 5 centuries during ICC World Cup 2019. Also, a total of 7 ODI centuries in the whole year 2019. Deepak Chahar as the best T20I Performance of 2019 against Bangladesh.
- Whereas ICC Test Cricketer of the Year 2019 won by Pat Cummins, Australia for taking 59 Test wickets in the year 2019.
- The prestigious Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy given to England’s all-rounder Ben Stokes for being the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2019. Finally, ICC awards 2019 are on 15 January 2020 current affairs.