19 January 2020 Current Affairs: Get the important current affairs for competitive exams at Jobads. This site maintains the Bank’s current affairs, Gk current affairs, latest current affairs to get a good score. People who are preparing for state and central govt jobs can read out the daily current affairs. Also, focus more on International, National, Sports, Awards, Summits and state current affairs. People who are writing bank exams can get banking current affairs. Besides, Anyone can download the monthly current affairs 2020 pdf to make more revisions. Make use of the current affairs questions in this site and reach the top position in your career. Finally, readout the 19 January 2020 current affairs.
For the latest current affairs of the year 2020, Follow Jobads.
Urdu To Sanskrit | Top 10 Current Affairs | 19 Jan 2020 Current Affairs
- Railway station names written in Urdu on Uttarakhand platform signboards will now in Sanskrit, the hill state’s second official language.
- Chief Public Relations Officer, Northern Railway, Deepak Kumar said that according to the Railway Manual, the railway names on the signboard should be after Hindi and English and should be written in the state’s second official language.
- The official said that since the Sanskrit language is the second language of the state so the platform signboards in the state will be replaced with those in Sanskrit.
- The first stations to first change are Dehradun, Roorkee, and Haridwar. The Railway officials are now focusing on correcting all the spelling and names of every railway station. Finally, Utharkhand’s Sanskrit signboards are on 19 January 2020 current affairs.
Kolkata International Children’s Film Festival | 19 Jan 2020 Latest Current Affairs | Indian Current Affairs
- On January 19, the 9th edition of the Kolkata International Children’s Film Festival hits off and will continue for eight days.
- The department of Information and Cultural Affairs announced on Wednesday that nearly 1,200 children prefer to get alternate cards to watch the films during this festival.
- The first tier will show videos for all age groups, and the second level would feature films for 14-year-olds and a higher age group.
- Cinemas are more than 35 countries will select at the festival, said Prasad Ranjan Roy, who is the former IAS and a member of the screening committee.
- This year’s inaugural film will be’ Hamid,’ which won the best Urdu film prize at the 66th National Film Prize.
- The festival will introduce by Hamid’s child actor, Talha Arshad, who won the best child actor award. Therefore, the Kolkata International Children’s Film Festival occupies some space on today’s current affairs.
Amazon To Invest in India | 19 Jan 2020 Business Current Affairs | Free Current Affairs
- The founder of the giant online website amazon.com, Jeff Bezos had visited India recently. Bezos and Amit Agarwal announced that Amazon is going to invest $1 billion in India to help the small and medium-sized businesses to come online.
- This American giant company has already invested $5.5 billion in India previously. By 2025, Amazon will invest $1 billion to digitize small and micro businesses in various villages, cities, and towns.
- Amazon company will establish 100 Digital Haats to support the onboard Indian businesses of all sizes into the digital economy.
- Almost 550, 000 Indian businesses are using the Amazon platform to sell their products worldwide. More than 60,000 sellers are exporting their goods and products through “Make In India” products all over the world. Finally, Amazon entering into India’s investment and occupies some space on 19 January 2020 current affairs.
RBI Ranks 6th | Daily Current Affairs Of January 2020 | Free Current Affairs
- Recently the World Gold Council (WGC) published its study “World Gold Outlook 2020” The report says that since 2010 in 2020, gold has performed best. “Gold trade in USD rose by 18.4 percent in 2019 relative to 2010.
- RBI (Reserve Bank of India) currently handles 625,2 metric tons of gold, according to the World Gold Council. India ranks 6th amongst other central banks in the world with this.
- The report says higher taxes increased the consumption of local gold prices. It is expected that the recent introduction of new hallmark reforms would improve consumer confidence, reduce inefficiencies, promote growth, and increase trust.
- The remaining 5 countries that have purchased more gold than India include China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Poland. Institutional investors ‘ exchange-traded funds (ETF) were the second-largest buyers of gold in 2019. Finally, RBI with 6th rank is on 19 January 2020 current affairs.
New President Of Suspended AAI | Important Current Affairs Of 19 January 2020
- The presidential election of suspended AAI was held in the Delhi High Court. Two factions clashed at the first time of the presence of World Archery Observer in Kazi Rajib Uddin Ahmed Chapol.
- Arjun Munda sailed easily when defeating his opponent B V P Rao by a margin of 34-18 votes. Munda’s entire panel won majority voting shares and elected to a four-year full term.
- A total of 31 state associations formed part of the AAI but only 26 states cast their votes, each with a share of two votes.
- 51-year-old Munda, a three-time Jharkhand chief minister, is a hugely popular tribal leader who also runs an archery academy that was instrumental in the rise of former world number one Deepika Kumari. Finally, Arjun Munda as a New President of Suspended AAI is on 19 January 2020 current affairs.
Mangeshkar Award 2017 and 2018 | Top 10 Current Affairs | 19 Jan 2020 Current Affairs
- Singer Suman Kalyanpur and the music director Kuldeep Singh is selected for the 2017 and 2018 Madhya Pradesh government’s prestigious National Lata Mangeshkar Award.
- The information said by the officials on Thursday to recognize their contribution to the music field. The winners of the award will receive a Rs 2 lakh cash prize, shawl, and citation.
- The public relations department officials said that the award will issue in the honor of Lata Mangeshkar the 90-year-old legendary singer.
- The award presents at a function in Indore by next month. The official said at a meeting held recently in Mumbai, the award selection committee, which included playback singer Suresh Wadkar among others, decided these names.
- Thus, Mangeshkar awards 2017 & 2018 is on Top 10 current affairs.
New Queen’s Counsel For England & Wales Courts | International Current Affairs | 19 January 2020 Current Affairs
- The UK’s Ministry of Justice Department officially declared that our well known India’s Senior Advocate Harish Salve has been appointed as the QC(Queen’s Counsel) for the courts of England & Wales.
- He officially appointed as QC in March. His name was in the appointment list of silk(a reference to the court).
- This title won by lawyers who have expertise in advocacy and who possess the explanation skills in the court. He served India’s Solicitor General until 2002 and senior advocate in Delhi High Court.
- He also worked for the Kulbhushan Jadhav case at the International Court of Justice(ICJ). Harish Salve is not the first person and also Dipen Sabharwal is the first person of QC who appointed in the last year.
- Finally, Harish Salve with the new position is on 19 January 2020 current affairs.