2 January 2020 Current Affairs: Job applicants who are searching for the daily current affairs, Jobads is the right site for you. This site covers the important current affairs which are useful for employment exams. Besides, students can also utilize the current affairs to attempt general knowledge exams. Current Affairs is not only for exams and also to update themselves with world happenings. This site offers free current affairs with a detailed explanation and correct information. However, after reading today current affairs just give a current affairs quiz. Finally, Read the 2 January 2020 current affairs.
For more latest current affairs, Visit Jobads.
New Chief Secretary For Telangana: 2 Jan 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- Somesh Kumar has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of the State Government.
- The state Department of General Administration issued orders for his appointment.
- Shailendra Kumar Joshi, who has been CS since February 1, 2018, retired on 31st Dec 2019.
- Immediately, Somesh, a senior IAS officer of the 1989 batch, took over as the new CS.
- Somesh Kumar will continue as CS until January 31, 2023.
- CM K.Chandrasekhar Rao said that there would be stability in governance with the appoint of Somesh Kumar.
- CM has decided to appoint SK Joshi, who retired as CS, to be the State Government Advisor of Irrigation Affairs).
- Finally, Somesh Kumar New chief secretary of Telangana is on 2 January 2020 current affairs.
One Nation One Ration: 2 January 2020 Current Affairs
- The central government on 1st Jan launched a one nation one ration card facility in 12 states.
- The states are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Jharkhand, and Tripura.
- In these 12 states, the people of the public distribution system have the option of receiving their ration share, where they live.
- By June 2020, all the states in the country will be connected to the One Nation, One Ration Facility.
- The Center has directed states to create a ration card in a new format under this facility.
- New ration cards will be available from June 1, 2020.
- Ration cards issued by various States and UTs are in a standard format. Thus, One Nation, One Ration card is on 2 January 2020 current affairs.
Second Launching Port: 2 January 2020 Free Current Affairs
- ISRO is setting up the second launch port in Tamilnadu.
- Thoothukodi district is suitable for launching the small satellites and thus, ISRO chief selects the 2300 acre land to build a launching station.
- Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman K Sivan says that India is top in maintaining communication with the satellites.
- Besides, ISRO is planning the Chandrayaan-3 and Gaganyaan in the 2020 and 2022 year.
- Gaganyaan is the 1st manned mission of India and four persons from the Indian airforce are chosen to enter the space.
- Thus, ISRO with advance technology and the second launching port plan was on 2 January 2020 current affairs.
Krishi Karman Awards: 2 Jan 2020 Important Current Affairs
- Narendra Modi will take part in the Krishi award function in Bangalore.
- Krishi Karman Award is presented to states which showed good results in the crop seasons.
- 21 States achieved good results in a crop yielding in India and selected for the Krishi Karman Award.
- Narendra Modi will present the Krishi Karman award to the state heads to encourage best practices.
- In this event, Modi is offering free fishing equipment to the fishers.
- Also, Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 107th National Science Congress at the University of Agricultural Sciences.
- This institution will assist the farmers and give the best ideas in agricultural activities.
- Finally, Krishi Karman Awards as support to agriculture activities is on today’s 2 January 2020 current affairs.
MANI App Launched: 2 January 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- MANI is the Mobile Aided Note Identifier App.
- RBI launched the MANI app to help the visually handicapped persons to detect the fake currency notes.
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das launched the MANI app on 1st Jan 2020 in Mumbai.
- Visually handicapped people can download the MANI app from the Andriod or from the IOS play store.
- this app, Blind people can identify the denomination of currency and also check the fake notes.
- Once the app is installed, It works in the online and offline mode also.
- Presently, MANI app avail in two languages i.e Hindi and English.
- Finally, the MANI app is on 2nd January 2020 current affairs by assisting the blind.
First City To Ban Private Cars: 2 January 2020 Top Current Affairs.
- York City is the first city in the world to ban private cars.
- The city municipal corporation decided to ban all private vehicles carrying public passengers except public transport buses and buses.
- The reason for the ban is to promote public transport, petrol and diesel cars could be banned.
- York is home to more than 70 lakh tourists every year and is highly polluted.
- The local municipal corporation has been criticized by tourists as being the cause of the pollution.
- The city’s municipal corporation aims to bring the city’s carbon emissions to low by 2030.
- In the same way, the City of Bristol, Britain, decided to ban diesel cars by the year 2021. Thus, York is on 2 January 2020 current affairs.