20 February 2020 Current Affairs: For all competitive exams browse the Free Current Affairs at Jobads and get a good job. This is the leading site which provides job applicants with the latest current affairs. So, Job applicants will score more marks in the section of current affairs. Gk’s current affairs are simple and easy as compared to other parts of job exams. The current affairs can be read by people in various categories such as international, national, and state current affairs. But job candidates need to spend 10 minutes on day-to-day current affairs. Study the monthly current affairs to get good outcomes in exams. Finally, check out today’s 20 February current affairs.
International Current Affairs
UK Launched Point-Based Visa | 20 Feb 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- Britain has launched a new point-based visa system that welcomes the world’s most talented professionals. “This strategy intended to prevent the migration of unqualified and cheap labour.”
- On 19 Feb 2020, UK Home Minister Priti Patel announced. The program intended to award students points, special skills, and careers.
- Uk’s new visa policy determined that English must be spoken by those who wish to come to the UK. Besides, There are special points for those looking for employment in places where UK skilled workers are in shortage.
- The Fast Track Global Talent Program which will provide the best talent persons in different fields with visas. This policy on fast-track visas will be implemented from next year. Thus, the UK with a new Visa policy is on 20th February 2020 current affairs.
External Affairs Minister Inaugurated the Indian Pavilion 2020 | Latest Current Affairs Of 20 Feb 2020
- 70th Berlin International Film Festival started on 20th February. This festival holds for 10 days up to the 1st of March.
- As a part of this, External Affairs Minister of India S Jaishankar Inaugurated the Indian Pavilion 2020. Besides, Berlin film festival is an international film festival where actors from all over the world will attend the event.
- Indian pavilion means GOI will conduct the events by involving the Indian film artisans in the Berlin festival.
- Dr. S Jaishankar as in the Germany visit, He met Heiko Maas and Germany Defence Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer to extend the cooperation between India and the European Union. Thus, the Indian Pavilion 2020 In Berlin festival is on 20 February 2020 current affairs.
National Current Affairs
First President Of Ram Mandir Trust | 20 Feb 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- Mahant Nritya Gopal Das elected as the first President of Ram Mandir Trust in the first meeting of the Ram Mandir Trust.
- In Delhi, Ram Mandir Trust conducted a meet to discuss the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya. Uttar Pradesh chief minister is leading the construction works and soon will announce the stone laying date.
- This trust is going to form a committee to see the construction works. Nripendra Misra will be the head of the Ram temple construction committee.
- Thus, Ram Mandir Trust took decisions to appoint new members. Mahant Nritya Gopal Das as president, Champat Rai as a general secretary, Nripendra Misra as head of a construction is on 20 February 2020 current affairs.
Tilhan Mission In India | Free Current Affairs Of 20 Feb 2020
- To increase the oilseed production in India, the Government is introducing the Tilhan Mission. Narendra Singh Tomar who is the Agricultural minister of India announced this information on the Soil Health Card Day meeting.
- Soil Health Card Day celebrated annually on 19th February. For improving the farmer’s income, the Indian government is launching a Soil Health Card Scheme.
- Agriculture Secretary Sanjay Agarwal released that distribution of Soil Health Cards to farmers in the last years increased the crop production.
- Besides, the Government of India is the Farmers Producer Organisation (FPO) to assist farmers with new developments. Finally, India’s Tilhan Mission for farmers is on 20 February 2020 current affairs.
Run for India Tea | 20 February 2020 Important Current Affairs
- Tripura Tea Board organized an event “Run for India Tea” on 19th February. To promote and spread Tripura tea in India, Tripura Tea Development Corporation (TTDC) and Tea Board of India jointly organizing an event.
- Besides, Santosh Saha who is the chairman of Tripura Tea Development Corporation said that tea workers are struggling hard to promote their products.
- All the tea workers and students in the state wearing traditional dresses participated in the tableau parade. 200 ration shops and merchant shops will get the tea powder for fair prices by the TTDC.
- Arun Kumar Ray who is the deputy chairman of Tea Board participated in the Run for India Tea marathon. Thus, Run for India Tea is on 20 February 2020 current affairs.
Business Current Affairs
India as the 5th Largest Economy | 20 Feb 2020 Important Current Affairs
- According to the US World Population Report, India has ranked as the 5th largest economy in the world. India’s GDP in December rose to $2.94 trillion.
- In terms of purchasing power per capita (PPP), India’s domestic economy is $10.51 trillion which is next highest to the US and China.
- India’s economic initiatives also boosted the economy. In addition, The report reveals that in manufacturing and agriculture the world’s domestic service sector is rising as an important sector for strengthening the national economy. Thus, India as a 5th largest economy is on 20 February 2020 current affairs.
Govindrajulu Elected as the Chairman of NABARD | Free Current Affairs Of 20 Feb 2020
- Chintala Govinda Rajulu elected as the Chairman of the National Agricultural and Rural Development Bank (NABARD).
- The Bureau of Banks Board (BBB) has named the Govinda Rajulu as the new chairman. Govinda Rajulu currently serves as NABARD’s vice-managing director.
- NABARD is India’s Financial Bank with headquarters in Mumbai. Govindrajulu attended Bapatla Agricultural College to complete his higher education.
- He Completed Ph.D. in Seed Engineering at the Indian Institute of Agricultural Research, Delhi. Besides, He promoted directly to NABARD in 1985 as a Grade B officer from campus.
- For 35 years Rajulu worked in various roles in Nabard. Therefore, on current affairs of 20 February 2020, Govinda Rajulu, as the new chairman of NABARD, is on the list.
EESL Charging Stations In BSNL Offices | Free Current Affairs Of 20 Feb 2020
- Energy efficiency services (EESL), joined with BSNL to set up charging stations in India. MOU Agreement to build charging stations across 1,000 BSNL sites has been signed.
- Accordingly, EESL will be investing the funds needed for charging services infrastructure and maintenance. BSNL provides the charging stations with space and electrical connections.
- EESL has mounted 300 AC and 170 DC chargers in India, as a part of the National Electric Vehicle Scheme. In fact, by developing electric vehicles, EESL is seeking to protect the earth.
- Using power will generate fewer emissions and will be environmentally friendly to the world. If the stations are more, electric cars will be chosen by People.
- So EESL builds charging stations all over India with funding from BSNL. Finally, EESL and BSNL with a new agreement are on 20 Feb 2020 current affairs.