21 January 2020 Current Affairs: Read the latest and important current affairs for writing the Gk exams, SSC, UPSC, RRB, and other competitive exams. Jobads are the best and free site for daily current affairs which covers the latest news with detailed explanation. Banks will test the knowledge of the job aspirants on Banking and Finance current affairs. RRB will cover most of the National Current Affairs. So, To qualify in any of the competitive exams, Read the International, National, Sports and all state current affairs. Also, Download and read all the current affairs categories in the monthly current affairs 2020 pdf. Finally, Just spend 10 mins on today’s 21 January 2020 current affairs.
For more Important Current Affairs for Exams, Follow Jobads.
India’s Republic Day Chief Guest | 21 Jan 2020 Free Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs
- Jair Bolsonaro who is the president of Brazil will attend the India Republic day celebrations as a chief guest.
- Every year, India will invite the other country presidents and prime minister to participate in the republic day events.
- Jair Bolsonaro is the 3rd Brazilian president to attend republic day celebrations. Fernando Cardoso is the first Brazil president who participated in the 1996 republic day celebrations.
- Secondly, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva in the year 2004. Jair Bolsonaro will have an India visit from 24 to 27th Jan 2020.
- In his visit, Brazil president will discuss annual bilateral trade with Narendra Modi. However, Republic day chief guest finalized by India and his name is on current affairs of 21 January 2020.
Manipur, Meghalaya and Tripura Statehood Day | 21st Jan 2020 Important Current Affairs
- Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura are celebrating the Statehood Day on 21st January 2020. Exactly, On the same day of 1972, 3 states get identification as a state.
- All the 3 states are under the northeastern region. Meghalaya is a part of Assam before getting status as a state. On the occasion of 47th statehood day of Tripura is coming up with the slogan “drug-free“.
- Biplab Kumar Deb who is the chief minister of Tripura is asking state people to leave drugs and opt for society development.
- On another hand, N. Biren Singh who is the chief minister of Manipur asking to seek all-round development.
- However, Meghalaya is celebrating the statehood day with the new theme” Celebrating Meghalaya-India“. Finally, 3 states with statehood day are on 21 January 2020 current affairs.
Ex-Haryana Congress Chief Died | Top 10 Current Affairs Of 21 Jan 2020
- Shamsher Singh Surjewala who is the Ex-Haryana Congress chief died due to illness on 20th Jan. He is the father of Congress national spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala.
- Shamsher Singh Surjewala born on 24 March 1932 and started his career as a lawyer. Then, He appointed as the managing director of the Central Bank of Sangrur.
- He works as a minister under the National Congress party for 4 times. He is also a Rajyasabha member and works as a president of Haryana Krishak Samaj.
- Shamsher developed the Narwana Assembly constituency and also fought for farmers in many cases. Finally, At the age of 87 years closes his eyes. Thus, Shamsher Singh is on 21 January 2020 current affairs.
Global Social Mobility Index | Gk Current Affairs Of 21 Jan 2020 | Daily Current Affairs
- World Economic Forum released the 2020 Social Mobility Index. Denmark is in 1st position and Norway is in the 2nd position.
- The rankings are based on health, education, technology, work, and social protection. 82 countries are in the race and five economies boost their social mobility.
- China, the United States, India, Japan, and Germany are the 5 five economies growing effectively on GSM Index. Social mobility is the ups and downs of an individual with parents.
- However, India got the 76th position in GSM index and 41st position in lifelong learning. However, WEF 2020 is asking the countries to increase social mobility in life.
- Thus, the New Global Social Mobility Index with a new index is in today current affairs.
12th NTYE Programme | Current Affairs Of 21 Jan 2020 | Today Current Affairs
- 12th National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme organized in the Puducherry union territory. Kiran Bedi who is the Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry Inaugurated the program on 20th January 2020.
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) and Puducherry Government are jointly organizing the program to promote the development of tribal youth.
- This event is a week-long program nearly 200 to 250 tribal youth are attending to gain knowledge on the empowerment of the tribal community.
- As a part of this program, Tribal will get some idea of dressing patterns, culture and food patterns by visiting some places of Puducherry developed areas.
- Besides, This will stop tribal people not to enter into the Naxal groups. Thus, the 12th National Tribal Youth Exchange program is on Jan 21, 2020, current affairs.
Integrated Check Post | 21 Jan 2020 Free Current Affairs | International Current affairs
- Integrated Check Post (ICP) Biratnagar jointly inaugurated by the India prime minister Narendra Modi and Nepal prime minister K P Sharma Oli.
- Jogbani-Biratnagar is the international trade point between India and Nepal. This is a 1800km border which is famous for trade exchanges.
- Thus, Both countries agreed to construct an Integrated Check Post in this area. This ICP Biratnagar constructed mainly for the immigration clearance of foreigners, import and exporting of cargo.
- ICP built in a large space of 260 acres with the amount of 140 crores. Besides, It is specially designed to check 500 trucks per day.
- Also, Modi is helping Nepal by funding the amount for the post-earthquake reconstruction housing project. Thus, India and Nepal with the Integrated Check Post are on 21 January 2020 current affairs.
NIC Tech Conclave-2020 | 21 Jan 2020 Important Current Affairs | Today Current Affairs
- The second edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 is going to be held in New Delhi on 21st January 2020. National Informatics Centre is organizing the event for two days.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad who is the Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology will be the chief guest and inaugurate the event.
- The Theme of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 is “Technologies for Next-Gen Governance“.
- NIC is trying to convert India into Digital Nation by creating platforms for various sectors of the state and central Governments of India.
- This conclave aims to deliver high-quality citizen-centric services. Also, It contributes to building capacities of government officers.
- In this conclave, experts will share the knowledge of Cyber Security, and Hyperscale Architecture. Thus, the 2nd edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 is on 21/01/2020 current affairs.
New Joint SecretariesFor Military Affairs | Latest Current Affairs Of 21 January 2020
- Rajeev Singh Thakur and Shantanu are newly appointed joint secretaries of the Department of Military Affairs.
- In December 2019, The Government of India created the new ministry called the Ministry of Military affairs. General Bipin Rawat who is the Chief of Defence Staff is the head of military affairs.
- Besides, Rajeev Singh Thakur is the Rajasthan cadre IAS officer which holds the position till December 2022. Also, Shantanu is a Tripura Cadre IAS officer who will continue for March 2024.
- However, IAS officer Vishal Gagan of Odisha Cadre appointed as Joint Secretary of Defence. Ashok Kumar Parmar appointed as an Advisor in Inter-State Council Secretariat of the home ministry.
- Finally, 31 IAS officers as joint secretaries entered into the different departments of the central government. Thus, the Indian government with new appointments is on 21 January 2020 current affairs.
First Unit of Sukhoi-30 MKI | 21 January 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs | India News
- Indian air force got the first squadron of Sukhoi-30 MKI aircraft on 20 January 2020. Sukhoi-30 is the Multirole air superiority fighter designed by Russia.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) manufactured the first unit of Sukhoi-30 for the Indian air force.
- In Tamilnadu, Bipin Rawat who is the Chief of Defence Staff General and the Chief of Air Staff Marshal Rakesh Kumar Bhadauria inducted the 1st squadron of Sukhoi-30 with Brahmos missile.
- Both Sukhoi-30 and missile will help the Navy and Airforce in the battlefield.
- On the other hand, Tigersharks 222 Squadron of the air force is supporting strongly the Indian Navy. Thus, Tri-forces of India army, Navy and airforce are moving better in technology use. Finally, Sukhoi-30 with an advanced engine is on 21st January 2020 current affairs.