23 January 2020 Current Affairs: Get the important current affairs and top current affairs for exams at Jobads. This site provides the daily current affairs by referring to the international, National, State news. Most of the job seekers are searching the newspapers for current affairs and wasting time. So, Job applicants can save time by reading the latest current affairs directly on this website. Just spend 15 minutes on regular Gk current affairs to become merit in competitive exams. Besides, students and job aspirants can get the current affairs monthly pdf and can practice the top current affairs quiz. Therefore, start reading the 23 January 2020 current affairs.
For Top Current Affairs Of January 2020, Visit Jobads.
Mumbai @ 24/7 | Latest Current Affairs Of 23rd January 2020 | Top 10 Current Affairs
- Maharashtra Cabinet approved a proposal to open retail outlets around the 24 hours and 7 days a week starting on January 27.
- Aditya Thackeray, who is Maharashtra’s Tourism Minister, said this would allow the public to bring in 5 lakhs of new employees and the new revenue to the country.
- However, Aditya claimed the first phase would allow the malls and cinemas to remain open. But after 11 pm the pubs, bars, and restaurants closed normally.
- This decision will help the country continue to grow and will be successful in other cities as well. Additionally, Mumbai is India’s first city to open for 365 days. Thus, Mumbai 24/7 retailing is on 23 January 2020 current affairs.
World’s Largest Literary Festival | 23 Jan 2020 Top Current Affairs | State current affairs
- Jaipur Literature Festival is going to held between 23rd Jan to 27th January 2020 at Diggi Palace. Every year, Jaipur conducts the World’s Largest Literary Festival event in the Diggi Palace.
- Jaipur Virasat Foundation started the celebrating festival in 2006. Initially, This festival is in the category of the Jaipur Heritage International Festival and later renamed to Literary festival.
- In 2020, At the same place, Diggi Palace event organized and 400 speakers will attend the event.
- This Jaipur Literature Festival 2020 come up with a theme to speak on “climate, constitution, poetry, and artificial intelligence”.
- Besides, Nobile prize winners Abhijit Banerjee and Howard Jacobson, Booker award winner will be the special guests. Thus, World’s free Literary festival is on 23 January 2020 current affairs.
1st Country In South Asia | 23 January 2020 Gk Current Affairs | International News
- Bangladesh’s country launched the e-passport facility for their country people. The reasoning for launching e-passports is to detect and stop the fake passports.
- It is bringing the high-security passports with the integrated chip which contains the information of traveler along with biometric data and photo.
- Sheikh Hasina who is the prime minister of Bangladesh gifted the e-passports to the nation in the Mujib century year.
- Bangladesh is converting into the digital world with the 33 immigration check-posts and 75 mission wings abroad.
- With the e-passport, Bangladesh will get special status for the acceptability of the Bangladeshi passports. International Civil Aviation Organisation reveals that nearly 500 million e-passports are running over the world.
- However, Bangladesh is the 1st South Asian country to get this facility. Finally, As an 119th country to get e-passport Bangladesh is on 23 January 2020 current affairs.
Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Programme | Important Current Affairs Of 23 Jan 2020
- Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Programme launched on 22nd January 2020 in Gujarat. Odisha Mahaotsav a 2-day event is going on in Gujarat.
- Nearly 2 lakh people of Odisha are living in the Gujarat state parts. To exhibit the art, culture, and traditions this Mahotsav will be organized.
- The main purpose of the Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Programme is “To CELEBRATE, To PROMOTE, To SHOWCASE, TO ESTABLISH, TO CREATE” the Unity in Diversity of India.
- With this Indians should get aware and responsible for the Indian Nation unity. Also, Dharmendra Pradhan who is the Petroleum Minister of India attended the cultural activities of Odhisa in Surat.
- Finally, Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat occupies some space on 23 January 2020 current affairs.
Indian Constitution Is Compulsory | Maharashtra State Current Affairs
- Maharashtra Government passed a new circular to all schools in the state. Every school in the state has to read Preamble to the Constitution in morning prayer from 26th January.
- Varsha Gaikwad who is the education minister of Maharashtra passed the rule on 22nd January 2020. Reading the Indian constitution will help the students to get the importance of the constitution.
- Uddhav Thackeray who is the chief minister of Maharashtra supported the rule passed by the education minister.
- Students have to know what is meant constitution and How it helps to live for India. However, Students will understand the constitution and will take oath as a proud Indian. Thus, Reading Preamble to Constitution is on 23 Jan 2020 Current Affairs.
ISRO Vyom Mitra | 23 Jan 2020 Important Current Affairs | Free Current Affairs
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) plans to send a female robot instead of humans into space. The Humanoid Robot greeted the prototype I designed for the Gaganyaan experiment.
- It can make observations in space via human module parameters. Sivan said the Gaganyaan experiment will support the Interplanetary long-range mission of the ISRO.
- Sending a man on the moon mission is a need but it’s not a possible task. To this end, ISRO has picked four astronauts and will send them to Russia for training later this month.
- In 1984, Rakesh Sharma entered space on the Russian module, but this time the Indians will go into space with the Indian module.
- The mission is not only India’s first manned space launch, but also an ongoing project aimed at creating a new space station for living in space for humans. Along with humans robot, Vyom Mitra will be into space soon. Thus, Vyom Mitra is in today current affairs.
EIU Democracy Index | 23 Jan 2020 Gk Current Affairs | Top Current Affairs
- According to The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), in 2019 India down to 10 places compared to 2018. The EIU gave India 7.23 points in the 2018 Democracy Index and is just 6.90 points ahead of 2019 at 51 position.
- The reason for that is that democracy is declining as the country’s civil rights are declining. Norway, Iceland, and Sweden are in the top three in this list, while North Korea is at the bottom of 167th.
- The index focused on the electoral process, functioning government, participation in politics, and civil rights.
- On the basis of these points, the countries referred as Absolute Democracy having more than 8 points, Weak Democracy having more than 6 or less than 8 points, Mixed Governance having more than 4 and Less than 6, Dictatorship having 4 or less than 6 points).
- In addition, China stands at 2.26 at the bottom of the list with 1526 places. Thus, EIU with a new democracy index is on 23 January 2020 current affairs.
PM Rashtriya Bal Puraskar | 23 January 2020 Free Current Affairs
- 49 children presented with the Bal Puraskar Awards 2020 by President Ramnath Kovind. On 22 January Kovind announced the awards at Rashtrapati Bhavan for the year 2020.
- A cash prize of Rs. one lakh awarded under the award together with a certificate of excellence. The awards are for children between 5 and 18 years of age who have excelled in innovation, social service, sports, arts, and culture.
- Ishaan Sharma, who has rescued a Russian resident from the robbery’s groups, won the Bal Puraskar awards.
- In addition to that, Korak Biswas, who has Down Syndrome and Mental Disability, awarded the Bal Shakti Award for his outstanding dance performance.
- Yash Aradhya became the first motorsport star to win the prestigious Bal Puraskar Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya. Finally, President with PM Bal Puraskar awards is on 23 January 2020 current affairs.
5 Foreign Yards For Submarine Project | 23 Jan 2020 Free Current Affairs | Today Current Affairs
- Indian Navy is planning to get the 6 submarines to counter the fast extension of China’s submarine group.
- The defense ministry of India finalized the 2 Indian firms and 5 Foreign Yards for submarine projects.
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited and L&T group are the two companies involve in the submarine building with the Foreign original equipment manufacturers.
- India is investing 5,100 crore amount under project P-75I. Besides, French Naval Group, German conglomerate Thyssenkrupp Marine Systems, Russia’s Rubin Design Bureau, Spain’s Navantia and South Korea’s Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Company are the foreign 5 companies will hold with Indian companies.
- The defense acquisition council (DAC),India’s top defense acquirement organization selected the companies. Therefore, 5 Foreign and 2 Indian companies with a new submarine project is on 23 January 2020 current affairs.
Cruise Origin Car | 23 January 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs | Business Current Affairs
- “Cruise Origin” is a General Motors’ self-driving car developed with Honda Motor. It is an electric vehicle designed mainly for autonomous ride-sharing services.
- Cruise company unveiled the driverless car on 21st Jan 2020. Dan Ammann who is the Cruise’s Chief Executive Officer says Cruise Origin is an advanced car with no steering and with no pedals.
- Also, At the end of the 2019 year, Cruise tried to design a robot taxi but not worked out. However, Cruise is competing for the world with a huge amount, High risk, and no available products in the market.
- At present Cruise is a competitor for Lyft and Uber in preparing the driverless car. Finally, Cruise with the new driverless car Cruise Origin is on 23rd current affairs.