24 January 2020 Current Affairs: People who are seeking a career in the government sector has to focus on important current affairs. In every competitive exam, Gk current affairs are having more weightage than other subjects. Thus, Jobads is providing free current affairs with a detailed explanation to crack the top-level exams like banks, RBI, UPSC, and other state government exams. Besides, Download and Revise all the monthly current affairs 2020 pdf at our e-books page. So many members get benefited from our top current affairs and earning a high salary. Finally, Start your career with the 24 January 2020 current affairs.
For latest current affairs of January 2020, Follow Jobads.
Ghaznavi Ballistic Missile: 24 Jan 2020 Important Current Affairs
- Ghaznavi Ballistic Missile is the surface to surface ballistic missile(SSBM) of Pakistan tested successfully on 23rd January.
- This Ghaznavi can hit the target within the range of 290 kilometers. National Development Complex specially designed and developed for the Pakistan Army.
- Recently, Pakistan launched another SSBM missile Shaheen-I. However, Ghaznavi is first developed in the 2004 year and manufactured by Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) and Kahuta Research Laboratories (KRL).
- Ghaznavi came into the Pakistan forces in 2012. Army Strategic Forces Command tested this Ghaznavi Ballistic Missile in the part of their training exercise.
- Previously, Pakistan will get weapons from China. But disputes between the two countries stopped exchanging weapons. Thus, Pakistan’s Ghaznavi Ballistic Missile is on 24 January 2020 current affairs.
World’s Largest Solar Park: Top 10 Current Affairs In English
- The world’s largest solar power park started in the Karnataka state. This plant came into fully operational on 23rd January with the 2000 megawatt capacity.
- Karnataka Solar Park Development Corporation Limited developed the project in Tumakuru district of Karnataka.
- This project is famous as Pavagada Solar Park. Karnataka stands top in generating solar power with the 7.1 GigaWatts.
- Besides, Karnataka is producing the total state power by 62 percent from renewable sources, 35 percent from thermal and 2 percent from nuclear sources.
- Karnataka planned the Pavagada Solar Park to generate some electricity to state and also to produce income to farmers who are having drought land.
- This World’s largest solar plant is generating revenue for farmers by reducing pollution. Thus, Pavagada solar plant is on 24 January 2020 current affairs.
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Purskar: Daily Current Affairs
- Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar presented to the Kumar Munnan Singh under individual category.
- Besides, Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre in Uttarakhand under institution category nominated for the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2020.
- On the 123rd birth anniversary of Subhash Chandra Bose i.e 23rd January 2020, awards are presented to the winners.
- The SCBAPP awards due to the recognition of individuals and institutions work in disaster management.
- M K Singh who is the former IPS officer and founding member of the NDMA rescued the people from the Indian Ocean Tsunami.
- The Uttarakhand DMMC is actively helping the people in disasters from the 2006 year. Thus, for their services, the Institution will get 51 lakh prize money and 5 lakh prize money for M K Singh.
- Finally, Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Purskar is on 24 January 2020 current affairs.
India’s First Solar-Powered Biorock: 24 January 2020 Latest Current Affairs
- Indian scientists installed the first solar-powered Biorock in the Gulf of Kutch of the Gujarat coast. Zoological Survey of India taking initiation to regenerate the endangered corals.
- Bio-rocks are nothing but the steel-structured rocks installed in seabeds to generate 12v solar power and it transferred through steel cables.
- All the process of generation of electricity is done by seawater electrolysis chemical reaction. Also, calcium carbonate gets collected to the steel structure of Bio-rocks.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Gulf of Mannar and Gulf of Kutch are four coral reefs places of India.
- However, the world’s largest coral regeneration project is Pemuteran which is in Indonesia. The main purpose of bio rocks to conserve the coral reefs. Thus, Solar-powered bio rocks are on 24 January 2020 current affairs.
10th Annual Forum Of ECI: 24 January 2020 Top 10 current affairs
- To share the experiences of Election Management Bodies, the Election commission of India is organizing the 10th Annual meeting in New Delhi.
- ECI every year will conduct the Forum of the Election Management Bodies of South Asia (FEMBoSA) to update the techniques in conducting elections.
- Besides, International Conference is also going on the same day. This year International conference coming up with the theme of “Strengthening Institutional Capacity“.
- International election officers of other countries will attend the conference to share the methods of election conducting in their countries.
- Besides, ECI also renews the Memorandum of Understanding with ECI of Afghanistan in the election management process.
- Also, National Voters day celebrations are in the part of the 10th annual forum of the election commission. Finally, With new updates 10th annual meet of ECI is on 24 January 2020 current affairs.
Sukumar Sen Postal Stamp Unveiled: Free Current Affairs Of 24 January 2020
- Sukumar Sen is the first Chief Election Commissioner of India who served from 21 March 1950 to19 December 1958.
- To memorize the Sukumar Sen election commission of India launched the first Sukumar Sen Memorial Lecture on 23rd January.
- He conducted the first 2 Loksabha elections in India. Pranab Mukherjee who is the former president of delivered the first Sukumar Sen Memorial Lecture.
- Also, Pranab unveiled the postal stamp of Sukumar Sen along with the chief election commissioner Sunil Arora.
- On the other hand, Sukumar is the first Chief Election Commissioner in Sudan. India is a democratic country and Sukumar Sen followed the democratic rules strictly.
- So, His services are memorable in the history of the election commission department. Thus, 1st election commissioner Memorial Lecture is on 24 January 2020 current affairs.
Dhanush System In Republic Day Celebrations: Top 10 Current Affairs Of 24 January 2020
- For the 1st time, India is introducing the Dhanush gun system in the Republic day parade. Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) manufactured the 118 guns to participate in the celebrations.
- OFB designed the gun in 2010 and entered into service from 2015. Indian army is using in the war fields to hit the enemy targets.
- Designing and manufacturing of Dhanush is also a “Make in India” project. To replace the 105mm Indian guns, the Indian army opted for the Dhanush gun.
- It is a 155 mm indigenous artillery gun and one of the first long-range artillery weapon of India. Dhanush also a very advanced system that ready to hit the target within the 35kms range.
- Also, the K9 Vajra gun also will take part in the Republic day 2020 parade. Thus, Powerful gun Dhanush is on 24 January 2020 current affairs.
Corruption Perception Index 2020: Important Current Affairs Of 24 Jan 2020
- Transparency International released the Corruption Perception Index 2020 on 23rd January 2020. Denmark stands in the top place as per the Corruption Perception Index 2020.
- However, Newzealand, Finland, Singapore, Sweden, and Switzerland are on the list of the top 10. Besides, India is at 80th rank with 41 score points.
- China, Benin, Ghana, and Morocco are also in 80th place only. Transparency International agency says that corruption rate increases in every country through the electoral campaigns.
- Transparency International revealed the report based on the survey of experts and business people of 180 countries and territories.
- Corruption Perceptions Indexing is started from the year 1995 and publish the index every year to reduce corruption. The least corrupt country in Somalia. Thus, CPI 2020 is on 24 Jan 2020 current affairs.
New Northern Army Commander: 24 Jan 2020 Top 10 Current Affairs
- Yogesh Kumar Joshi appointed as the Northern Army Commander and he will take charge on February 1st. Lt Gen Ranbir Singh who is the previous northern army commander retired on 31st January 2020.
- Presently, YK Joshi is serving as a Chief of Staff of the Northern Command. Yogesh Kumar Joshi born on January 5, 1962, and started the career as a rifle in the Jammu and Kashmir.
- Later, He became famous with the Kargil war by bringing the ‘Bravest Of the Brave‘ title to his Battalion.
- However, Joshi got fame as a hero of the Kargil war. Yogesh Kumar also received the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, Vir Chakra awards for his best service for Army.
- With a lot of experiences and more commander positions placed him on the General Officer-Commanding-in-Chief on Northern Army commander position. Thus, Yk Joshi is on 24 January 2020 current affairs.
India’s First E-Waste Clinic: Current Affairs In English
- India’s 1st E-Waste clinic is started in the Bhopal. Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) and Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) is running the e-waste clinic in Madhya Pradesh state.
- This is the 3 months trial project for managing waste in the state. If it was a success then e-waste clinics will appear all over India.
- This clinic will collect all the wastes from houses, industries, and factories then directly decomposed by the electricity.
- All the wastes are collected by the low floor bus. This bus will be provided with the led tv to create awareness of the e-waste.
- Under the Solid Waste Management Policy, 2016, e-waste project came into society. With this project air pollution and water, pollution will be reduced. Finally, India’s 1st e-waste clinic is on 24th January 2020 current affairs.