5 January 2020 Current Affairs: Job seekers who are searching for daily current affairs can visit and read the latest current affairs. Jobads is the famous site bringing you the top current affairs for all competitive exams. Job applicants don’t waste time reading the newspapers for writing the current affairs questions. This site offers free current affairs study material on a yearly, monthly and daily basis. Be in the merit list by preparing the important current affairs in this site. Utilize all the stuff of International, State, and national current affairs questions. Finally, Give a 5 minutes read on 5 January 2020 current affairs.
For Latest Current Affairs for January 2020, Follow Jobads.
Latest Current Affairs | Yoga Science Meet 2020 | 5/12/2019 Current Affairs
- As a part of the ongoing Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru, a Yoga Science meeting was held. The head of SVYASA Yoga deemed University Dr. HR Nagendra spoke on the benefits of Yoga.
- He said Yoga can heal the mind, body, and soul. By doing Yoga every day can stay healthy in their life. He said about the Yoga therapies also.
- Canadian cardiologist Dr. Indranil Basu Ray spoke about yoga researches. He gave examples of yoga practitioners and how it helped them deal with ailments.
- He pointed out that Meditation and Yoga will give peace of mind and also it gives relief to Anxiety and stress.
- Besides, the penultimate day of the 107th Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru will focus on agriculture and rural development. Thus, Yoga Science meet is on 5 January 2020 current affairs.
3rd edition of Sukanya project | Top 10 Current Affairs Of 5 Jan 2020
- The officials of Kolkata Police announced important news about the Sukanya project. They were going to start the 3rd edition of the Sukanya project on the 6th.
- The aim of this project was to provide girls studying in schools and colleges with learning self-defense training.
- However, This project was funded by the Women and Child Development & Social Welfare Department of the state government.
- This training will be started for 100 city-based schools within the Kolkata Police Jurisdiction. VIII, IX, XI, and first-year students are part of the program and it will continue for the 2020 year.
- They got a very good response from girl students studying in these schools. ‘We have seen that after the training the girls grew confident about their safety and self-defense. Thus, the 3rd edition of Sukanya is on 5th January 2020 current affairs.
Irfan Pathan Retirement | 5 Jan 2020 Top Current Affairs | Today Current Affairs
- Irfan Pathan, former Indian all-rounder has announced retirement from all the 3 formats of cricket. This 35-year-old cricketer has played 120 ODIs, 24 T20Is and 29 Tests for the Indian cricket team.
- Irfan Pathan has started his career in 2003 and has taken 301 wickets in all the formats. He has got the ability to swing the ball sharply depending upon the pitch condition.
- Ifran also proved to be a handy batsman scoring 1105 runs at an average of 31 in the test cricket and 1544 runs in ODL at 23.39 average.
- He experienced his first Test hat-trick in 2006 Karachi by dismissing Salman Butt, Younis Khan, and Mohammad Yusuf. However, Irfan played his last match in October 2012.
- Now he has been a mentor in IPL and also in domestic cricket of Jammu and Kashmir. Finally, Ifran with retirement is on 5 January 2020 current affairs.
India-Science Expo-2020 | 5th Jan 2020 Top 5 Current Affairs | Daily Current Affairs
- At the 107th Indian Science Congress in Bengaluru, the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is engaging in Pride of India-Science Expo-2020.
- 31 DRDO labs with more than 150 displays and models are taking part in an exhibition. Several indigenous security changes are narrating the story of self-reliance and national pride in the spirit of Make in India.
- Star attractions of DRDO Pavilion’s outdoor exhibits include Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM), Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile System (QRSAM), ASTRA Missile, ASLESHA, and BHARANI, etc.
- Some of them are AEW&C, Rustom-I UAV, and Tapas, Missile Nirbhay, etc., Indoor displays involve models from each DRDO development cluster.
- Besides, DRDO pavilion has always been a major attraction among visitors and students at the Pride of India Expo. Finally, DRDO with India-Science Expo-2020 is on 5 January 2020 current affairs.
ISRO Academic Center | 5 January 2020 Current Affairs | Free Current Affairs
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) established a regional academic center for space at the National Institute of Technology (NITK). At Surathkal in Karnataka’s southwest Dakshina Kannada District.
- Besides, The NIT-K center will conduct joint space technology applications research and development to meet the needs of our space programs.
- ISRO will award two crore grants annually to NIT throughout the year for R&D projects and promotional activities by Space Agency and Institute of Technology.
- The agreement visualizes the use of IIA’s astrophysics and astronomy resources to develop advanced technologies for interplanetary space explorations.
- The academic and research institutions will also work together to set up optical telescope facilities for space object tracking. Finally, ISRO with a new academy setup is on 5 January 2020 current affairs.
Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index | Important Current Affairs Of 5th Jan 2020
- India has moved up from 40th place to 34th place in world travel and tourism, according to the WEF survey.
- It is a good improvement compared to 2017 among the top 25% of all countries included in the review.
- Under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme, the government is working to build thematic circuits and 77 projects over Rs 6035 crore.
- Apni Dharohar, Apni Pehchaan ‘ was launched to establish and render tourist-friendly facilities in heritage and tourist sites.
- More than 120 mountain peaks have also been opened by the government to support the country’s adventure tourism.
- In the new Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report (TTCR) of the World Economic Forum (WEF), Spain held the top spot.
- Besides, France, Germany, and Japan followed Spain, with the United States replacing the United Kingdom in the top five. Finally, Spain with top rank is on 5 January 2020 current affairs.
T N Chaturvedi Passed Away | UP Current Affairs | 5 Jan 2020 Current Affairs
- Karnataka former governor T N Chaturvedi passed away at a private hospital in Uttar Pradesh, Noida last night. He was 90 years old.
- Between 1984 to 1989, T N Chaturvedi served as India’s Comptroller and Auditor General. In 1991, he received the Padma Vibhushan award.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu expressed condolence at T N Chaturvedi’s demise. T N Chaturvedi was an administrator par excellence, uplifting intellectual and true nationalist, and he was renowned for his scholarship, honesty, and expertise.
- T N Chaturvedi was a prospective contender for the post of President of India in 2017.
- The vice president said he had an illustrious career in public life and with distinction served every position. Finally, Chaturvedi as death is on 5 January 2020 current affairs.