8 March 2020 Current Affairs: Job seekers who are strong at the daily current affairs of the last 3Job seekers who are strong in the last 3 months regular current affairs will perform really well in any competitive exams. People can read all kinds of news from current affairs, including news from business and finance, state and local, world, and sports. Current affairs at Jobads will help you get jobs in UPSC, RRB, SSC and other Central Govt sectors. This is the best place for any competitive exam that manages the Free and Top Current Affairs. Besides, Job applicants can read all the latest monthly affairs in the current affairs pdf of the e-book. Therefore, Start reading today’s 8 March 2020 current affairs.
National Current Affairs
MSDE launches Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Programme | Top 10 Current Affairs
- At the Indian Management Institute in Bengaluru today, Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey launched the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship program.
- Mahendra Pandey is the union minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. Besides, The Fellowship is introduced as part of the ministry’s SANKALP initiative to provide qualified manpower for District Skill Development Plan.
- Under the pilot project, IIMB will train 75 graduates to prepare the District skills to plan for two years, taking into business services, government schemes, and institutions available in the district.
- The training is chosen for students from 75 districts in Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Karnataka, and Meghalaya. Finally, Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Programme is on 8 March 2020 current affairs.
International Women’s Day | Important Current Affairs Of 8 March 2020
- Every year on 8 March International Women’s Day celebrated to honor the contributions of women and increase visibility.
- This year’s theme is “I am an equal generation: recognizing the rights of women“. Women throughout the world still not paid equally to their male counterparts, and in business or politics are still not present in equal numbers.
- In 2015 Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao initiative to ensure the girl’s child’s survival, security, and empowerment.
- Besides, The goals of this initiative are to avoid systematic exclusion of gender-biased sex and to ensure the girl child’s survival and safety.
- With the launch and widespread implementation of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, women don’t need to move into forests to get cooking firewood. Finally, International Women’s Day as an important day is on 8 March 2020 current affairs.
Narendra Modi handed over his social media accounts to 7 women achievers | Today Current Affairs
- Saluting the spirit and achievements of women, PM Narendra Modi handed over his social media account to seven women achievers.
- The women achievers will share their life journey and interact with people through the Prime Minister’s Twitter account.
- Sneha Mohandass took the initiative and shared her idea of Foodbank India after being inspired by her mother.
- Dr. Malvika Iyer – a disability activist and motivational speaker tweeted that attitude is half the battle in destigmatizing disability.
- Besides, Talking about her life journey on PM Modi’s twitter account Kalpana Ramesh had motivated people that small efforts can make a big impact.
- Ms. Ramesh is a water conservationist. Ms. Arifa, a craft artisan shared her journey of traditional crafts of Kashmir.
- Presently, PM Modi has 53.3 million followers on Twitter, 44 million on Facebook, 35.2 million on Instagram and 4.5 million on YouTube and is one of the most followed leaders on social media. Finally, 7 women got PM Modi’s social accounts and are on 8 March 2020 current affairs.
State Current Affairs
Renovated Animal War Memorial unveiled | Free Current Affairs Of 8 March 2020
- At ASC Centre and College the Lieutenant General Milind Thakur, Director-General OF Supply and Transport Corps of the Indian Army has unveiled the renovated Animal memorial on Saturday.
- It was first established in 2006. The main theme of this memorial was the role of the mules and horses of the Indian army which they served during the war in the Himalayas.
- Besides, They have Paying the highest price of sacrificing their lives in the line of duty. By the approval of the Indian Government to remember their sacrifice and made it a form of a sculptural monument in the Equestrian Training Area of the ASC Centre.
- They have made few changes for the old once by constructing two walls supported by Roman pillars on either side.
- It gives details of 637 gallantry awards won by the brave muleteers. Finally, Renovated Animal War Memorial is on 8 March 2020 current affairs.
Business Current Affairs
Anurag Mehrotra as Chief Executive for Mahindra-Ford venture | Latest Current Affairs
- Anurag Mehrotra, a key architect in Ford India’s partnership with Mahindra & Mahindra, is expected to take over as their joint venture’s chief executive on April 1.
- Mehrotra, as Ford India’s managing director, responsible for turning around the Figo and Ecosport maker who reported a profit in fiscal 2018.
- He will join Mahindra who owns a stake of 51 percent in Mahindra Ford Automotive before taking over CEO of the JV.
- Ford India’s Raghu Veeraraghavan joined Mahindra as the head of strategic sourcing. Besides, He will steer source for a partner-planned nine-product portfolio.
- Mehrotra will report to the managing director of Mahindra, Pawan Goenka, and to the board of the JV. Finally, Anurag Mehrotra as Chief Executive for Mahindra-Ford venture is on 8th March 2020 current affairs.
Sports Current Affairs
First-Ever Khelo Khelo India Winter Games | Free Current Affairs
- The first-ever five-day Khelo India Winter Games inaugurated in Gulmarg by the Union Minister of Youth and Sports Kiren Rijiju.
- Jammu and Kashmir’s Gulmarg hosting Khelo India Winter Games 2020 from 7th to 11th March. The sports organized at Gulmarg every year.
- Besides, The training academy set up on international level standards in which foreign coaches are to impart instructions.
- The interactive session, hosted by Government Physical Education College Gadoora, Ganderbal, with youth at the National Integration Camp.
- The camp held to inspire and direct the youth in fostering peace, social harmony, national integration, FIT India. Finally, First-Ever Khelo Khelo India Winter Games is on 8 March 2020 current affairs.