UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2022: Good news for the candidates who are dreaming of the UPSC Civil Services. On this page, we are presenting the details about the Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination. Newly, the Union Public Service Commission has released the Civil Services exam syllabus for both Preliminary & mains. So, to support the applicants we are providing the UPSC CSE syllabus & plan of examination from the reference of the official site. Hence, the aspirants who are ambitious in the UPSC IAS examination, need to prepare in a well-organized manner. UPSC Syllabus for Civil Services examination is available here. Therefore, the applicants can download the UPSC CSE syllabus & exam pattern for free of cost.
Check the Employment News
UPSC सिविल सेवा पाठ्यक्रम 2022: UPSC सिविल सेवा का सपना देख रहे उम्मीदवारों के लिए अच्छी खबर है। इस पृष्ठ पर, हम संघ लोक सेवा आयोग सिविल सेवा परीक्षा के बारे में विवरण प्रस्तुत कर रहे हैं। नई, संघ लोक सेवा आयोग ने प्रारंभिक और मुख्य दोनों के लिए सिविल सेवा परीक्षा पाठ्यक्रम जारी किया है। इसलिए, आवेदकों को समर्थन देने के लिए हम आधिकारिक साइट के संदर्भ से यूपीएससी सीएसई पाठ्यक्रम और परीक्षा की योजना प्रदान कर रहे हैं। इसलिए, यूपीएससी आईएएस परीक्षा में महत्वाकांक्षी उम्मीदवारों को एक अच्छी तरह से संगठित तरीके से तैयार करने की आवश्यकता है।
UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern – Details
|Hiring Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Job Designation||Civil Service (Prelims) Exam|
|Job location||All Over India|
|Job category||Central Government Jobs|
|Employment Type||Full – Time|
|Selection process||Written Test|
|Starting Date To Apply||1st February 2022|
|Valid Through||22nd February 2022|
|UPSC CS Prelims Exam Date||05th June 2022|
Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Syllabus 2022 & UPSC Exam Pattern
The Union Public Service Commission has published a notification for Civil Services. There are 816 vacancies are available under this UPSC Civil Services notification 2022. So, the aspirants who are striving to serve as IAS officers have to make proper planning to complete the UPSC Civil Services syllabus. This UPSC CSE syllabus & exam pattern will help you to crack this prestigious exam with good qualifying marks. Union Public Service Commission syllabus is very vast, and it will take one year to complete the syllabus. So, applicants need to build a timetable with a perfect schedule for every topic from the UPSC Civil Services exam syllabus. To know more details about UPSC, SSC, PSC, or any other govt jobs visit us @ Jobads
Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Exam Pattern 2022 & UPSC Syllabus
The Union Public Service Commission will conduct the Preliminary exam & mains exam to select the candidates for various services. So, the individuals must know the UPSC CS preliminary exam pattern & UPSC Civil Services Mains exam pattern to rock the exam with a good score. The Union Public Service CSE Prelims is a screening exam, those who qualify in the preliminary exam only eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil Services mains exam.
- The UPSC Civil Services preliminary exam comprises 2 compulsory papers of 200 marks each
- Both the question papers will be an objective type
- The UPSC Civil Services Main exam contains Paper A, Paper B, Paper I, Paper-II General Studies‐I, Paper III General Studies -II, Paper IV, Paper V, Paper VI optional subjects paper I, Paper VII optional subjects Paper
- For wrong answers, 1/3rd marks will be deducted as a negative marking
UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam Pattern
|I||General Studies (GS)||200||2 hours (9:30 AM to 11:30 AM)|
|II||CSAT||200||2 hours (2:30 PM to 4:30 PM)|
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern
|Paper A||Any Indian language||3 Hours||300 (25% For Qualifying)|
|Paper B||English Paper||3 Hours||300 (25% for Qualifying)|
|Paper I||Essay||3 Hours||250|
|Paper II||General Studies I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper III||General Studies II||3 Hours||250|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||3 Hours||250|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VI||Optional I||3 Hours||250|
|Paper VII||Optional II||3 Hours||250|
Complete UPSC CS Exam Syllabus
UPSC CSE Prelims syllabus – Paper I
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy,
Rights Issues, etc.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion,
Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Science.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not
require subject specialization.
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Syllabus – Paper II
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. — Class X level).
UPSC Civil Services Mains Syllabus – Indian Languages & English Topics
- Comprehension of given passages.
- Precis Writing.
- Short Essays.
- Usage and Vocabulary.
UPSC CSE Mains Syllabus – Paper I
- Need to write essays on multiple topics
UPSC CS Mains Exam Syllabus – Paper-II (General Studies‐I: Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature, and Architecture from
ancient to modern times.
- The Freedom Struggle — its various stages and important contributors/contributions from
different parts of the country.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present significant events, personalities, issues.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
Union Public Service Commission Exam Syllabus for Civil Services – Paper III General Studies‐ II: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
- Separation of powers between various organs disputes redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Parliament and State legislatures—structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers &
privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Statutory, regulatory, and various quasi-judicial bodies.
- Development processes and the development industry —the role of NGOs, SHGs, various
groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- India and its neighborhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional, and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- Important International institutions, agencies, and fora- their structure, mandate.
UPSC CSE Prelims & Mains Syllabus – Paper IV General Studies‐III: Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
- Government Budgeting.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope’ and significance, location, upstream
and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology
and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
- Disaster and disaster management.
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
upsc.gov.in Civil Services Syllabus 2022 – Paper V General Studies‐ IV: Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants, and consequences of Ethics in-human
actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics – in private and public relationships. Human Values –
lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers, and administrators; the role of
family society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and the world.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and
probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of
Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery,
Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
Syllabus for UPSC Civil Services – Paper VI & Paper VII
- Optional subjects
Download UPSC Civil Services Syllabus – Click here
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What are the minimum qualifying marks for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary exam?
- Minimum 33% marks are the qualifying marks for writing the Mains examination decided by Union Public Service Commission.
2. How many papers are there in UPSC CS Mains Exam?
- There are 9 papers for the UPSC Civil Services Main Exam.
3. How many marks for UPSC Civil Servies Interview/Personality Test?
- The UPSC Civil Services Interview/Personality test will carry 275 marks.