Sports Current Affairs 2019: Are sports one of your topic!! then you are at the right place. Current affairs blog of jobads.in helps you to get all top news related to various sports and games. Current Affairs provides the latest updates and happenings of various sports like cricket, tennis, football, hockey, kabaddi, and many more from different parts of the world on one platform. Grab all the information related to sports and get ready for competitive exams of various State & Central Government jobs and also for many interviews. So, let’s get started with latest today’s sports current affairs!!!!
India hosts World Kabaddi Cup from 1st December 2019
November 13, 2019
Good news for all the kabaddi lovers. India is all set to host the 2019 World Kabaddi Cup from 1-9 December 2019. It will be confirmed by the Punjab Sports Minister- Rana Gurmit Singh Sodhi from the Punjab State government. The inauguration ceremony of the event of the occasion will be held on 1 December at Guru Nanak Stadium, Sultanpur Lodhi, and four matches are planned for the opening day. Nine groups from India, England, Sri Lanka, Kenya, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, and Canada, will be participating in the World Kabaddi Cup 2019 competition.
Sri Lanka Government passes the bill to prevent offences related to match fixing
November 12, 2019
The government of Sri Lanka passed the bill “Prevention of Offenses Related to Sports” for all sports. The Bill declares a few offenses identified with coordinate fixing. Sri Lanka is the first South Asian country to come up with such an offense. The draft of the Bill was encouraged after the ongoing examination by the Anti Corruption Unit of the nation.
- The Bill is an attempt by the Sri Lankan government to get rid of the debasement embarrassments that have tormented the national group in the previous barely any years.
- According to the Bill, if an individual is seen as blamed of submitting an offense identified with debasement in sports, he will be prisoned for 10 years and also will also be fined with different amounts.
- The Bill makes it illegal for previous players and others engaged with sports to give degenerate figures access to current players.
India bags fourth place in the 14th Asian Championship shooting
November 11, 2019
- At the 14th Asian Shooting Championship from 5 to 13 November 2019 in Qatar, Saurabh Chaudhary – India’s emerging teen shooter bagged the silver medal in the men’s 10m air pistol event. He shot 244.5 to get the silver medal.
- Whereas Kim Song Guk of North Korea a world record of 246.5 won the gold one,
- According to the Asian Shooting Championship, India stands at fourth place in the championship with 26 medals out of which, five gold, ten silver, and 11 bronze.
- China tops with the first rank in the table, later followed by South Korea and North Korea. The event was held from, Qatar.
- Winners List: Manu Bhaker of India won the gold medal in the women’s 10 m air pistol event by defeating China’s Wang Qian.
- Chaudhary, Sharvan Kumar, and Verma team won bronze with a qualifying total of 1740 behind China (1745) and Korea (1744).
India to host the next edition of Men’s Hockey World Cup
November 8, 2019
International Hockey Federation (FIH) has picked India to host the Men’s Hockey World Cup for the second consecutive time in Lausanne. The Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023 in India will be held from January 13 to 29.
- According to the Executive Board meeting of FIH’s it is decided that Spain and the Netherlands will be the co-hosts for the 2022 Women’s World Cup scheduled to be held from July 1 to 22.
- Now India becomes the first country to host four men’s Hockey World Cups after 1982 (Mumbai), 2010 (New Delhi) and 2018 (Bhubaneswar) beating Netherlands (hosted three men’s tournaments).
- By 2023, India will be completing 75 years of independence. And this is a good chance for India to showcase the growth of the sport in the country by hosting the World Cup.
India, Belgium, and Malaysia are the countries to present bids for hosting the next edition of the men’s World Cup. Similarly, for the Women’s World Cup, five countries- Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Malaysia, and New Zealand have proposed their bids. The format of the World Cup 2023 will be the same as the last edition.
Rohit Sharma: The first Indian male cricketer to play 100 T20’s
November 7, 2019
Rohit Sharma added any feather to his crown of success. He became the first in the Indian cricket and second in world cricket to complete 100 T-20 Internationals. In the second match against Bangladesh at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, he reached the milestone when he led the team. Shoaib Malik who has 111 games from Pakistan is the only player to have played more than 100 T20 Internationals. Rohit is also currently the top-scorer in this T20 format with 2452 runs at a strike-rate of 136.67 with four hundred and 17 half-centuries. Regular skipper Virat Kohli in the list with an aggregate of 2450 series. Sharmaji also holds the highest individual scorer batsman in a one-day international match world record for having scored 264 against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, on 13 November 2014. He scored three double-centuries in One day format of international cricket.
Asian Shooting Championships: Manu Bhaker owns gold medal in women’s 10m air pistol event
November 6, 2019
Asian Shooting Championships event is organized by the Asian Shooting Confederation from 1967. These championships conduct all ISSF shooting events for every four years.
- In the Asian Shooting Championships event, Manu Bhaker wins a gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol event. Similarly, Vivaan Kapoor and Manisha Keer bag the yellow metal in junior trap mixed event.
- In men’s 10m air rifle event, Deepak Kumar managed to win the bronze and is the second Indian shooter to earn an Olympic quota in the event.
- Manu Bhaker has put up a dominant shooting show of 584 in qualification and 244.3 to take gold in the final.
- Wang Qian- Chinese Asian Games champion holds the silver with a score of 242.8. And Apurvi Chandela finished at 12th.
- Elavenil Valarivan made it to the final and finished with a score of 187.1 in 5th place.
- Indian shooters achieved 10 Tokyo Olympics quotas in rifle and pistol events with 3rd position following China (25 quotas) and Korea (12) in the Asian region.
Ashleigh Barty defeats Elina in 2019 WTA Finals in China
November 4, 2019
The 2019 WTA Finals is the 44th edition of the doubles competition and the 49th edition of the singles event held from 27 October to 3 November at Shenzhen, China. Eight singles players and eight doubles teams participated in the tournament.
- Ashleigh Barty – an Australian tennis player and world number one wins the 2019 WTA Finals in China.
- Elina Svitolina of Ukraine was defeated and smashed by Ashleigh Barty.
- She won the record-breaking prize money of $4.42 million is the biggest ever amount in men’s or women’s tennis.
- She got 6-4, 6-3 points for the prestigious 2019 WTA Finals title.
- Ashleigh Barty (Australia) won Singles. While Tímea Babos (Hungary), Kristina Mladenovic (France) are the winners of double
Bangladesh records the first T20 win over India
November 3, 2019
- Historic win!! for Bangladesh against the Indian cricket team. Bangladesh beat India in the first T20I in the first T20I at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in New Delhi on Sunday by seven wickets.
- On Chasing a total 149 to win, Bangladesh lost Liton Das wicket in the first over.
- Later debutant Mohammad Naim and Muishfiqur Rahim helped Bangladesh to set a solid partnership for the second wicket.
- After Naim walked to the pavilion in the eight over, Sarkar joined hands with Mushfiqur Rahim and together they put Bangladesh in the winning zone.
- Sarkar got out in the 17th over but Rahim smashed four consecutive boundaries in Khaleel Ahmed in the penultimate over putting their team closer to victory.
- Bangladesh skipper Mahmudullah cleared the route in the last over leading Bangladesh team for a historic win.
- On the other hand, Krunal Pandy (15 off 8) and Washington Sundar (14 off 5) helped India to put a score of 148/6 in the first innings.
- Muishfiqur Rahim(60*) in the player of the match.
South Africa lifts Rugby World Cup title 2019 for the 3rd time by defeating England
November 2, 2019
- The Rugby World Cup is a tournament conducted by World Ruby, the sport’s international governing body.
- On 2nd November 2019, South Africa wins the 9th edition of Rugby World Cup 2019 by defeating England’s team in the final held at International Stadium, Yokohama in Japan.
- This is the 3rd time where the South Africa team reached the final and won the title. The champions are awarded the Webb Ellis Cup named after William Webb Ellis. William Webb Ellis is the Rugby School people who discovered Rugby by picking up the ball during the football game.
- The SA team won the Rugby World Cup title three times till now in the following years 1995, 2007, 2019.
Emerging Asia Cup 2019 title is won by the Indian Women Cricket team
October 30, 2019
Indian Women’s Cricket team wins the Emerging Asia Cup 2019 title at the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Asian Cricket Council(ACC) organized the tournament from 22 to 29 October 2019 with India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh as the participants.
- In a tough fight between the host Sri Lanka and India, the Indian cricket team managed to win the final by 14 runs on the basis of the DLC method.
- The Indian team scored a total of 17 for the fall of 9 wickets in 50 overs. whereas the Sri Lankans were all out at the 135 runs in 34.3 overs.
- In the batting department, Tanushree Sarkar scored 47 runs, while in bowling Devika Vaidya- captain of Indian team took 4 wickets.
- Devika Vaidya is awarded as the best player of the match.
Shakib Al Hasan- Bangladesh captain banned for 2 years for failing to report about the corrupt approaches
October 29, 2019
International Cricket Council (ICC)- Global Governing Body of Cricket has banned star all-rounder, Test and T20 captain of Bangladesh cricket team Shakib Al Hasan for 2 years. The 32-year-old cricketer was accused of being approached by bookies at the time of the Indian Premier League (IPL). And also during the tri-series between Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka in 2018, but he did not convey the ICC’s anti-corruption unit (ACU).
- He has been charged with a one full year and a one year suspended ban.
- Shakib accepted three allegations of violation imposed on him by the ICC Anti Corruption Code under the article 2.4.4 of ICC’s ACU.
- Shakib will be able to return to the sport on 29 October 2020.
- Shakib played 338 matches for Bangladesh and has been the top all-rounder in the one-day international cricket rankings.
Singh Kuntal- Fastest Indian to complete Ironman Malaysia event
October 28, 2019
Swaroop Singh Kuntal with a record time of 12 hours and 14 minutes became the fastest Indian to complete Ironman Malaysia at Langkawi Island in Malaysia. Kuntal- a paratrooper and an IITian is posted in Jhansi. Athletes from different parts of the world participated in the Ironman Malaysia event. Malaysia Ironman event consists of 3.8 km of sea swimming, 180 km cycling, and 42.2 km of running in a cut- off time of 17 hours. Ironman Malaysia is the toughest competition where participants face an elevation of 3000m during cycling with a maximum temperature of 38°C, and 35°C during the running competitions to test the mental toughness and strength of the athletes.
Swaroop Singh Kuntal achievements
- He has part of many marathons and ultramarathons.
- He has covered 118.7 km and won a 12-hour stadium run at Chandigarh. Kuntal represented Uttar Pradesh in the 23rd National Road Cycling Championship in 2018.
- In September 2018, he won Ironman at Jaipur International Triathlon.
- He had gone through severe training to participate in Ironman Malaysia like extensive running, cycling, swimming, and strength training.
Tiger Woods wins Zozo Championship and equals the World record for most career titles on PGA Tour
October 27, 2019
Golf player- Tiger Woods has won the Zozo Championship in Japan Zozo Championship 2019 is a professional golf tournament in Inzai, Japan. With this 82nd win of US PGA tour victory, Tiger Woods equals the world record for most career titles on PGA Tour. The 43-year-old championship had seven holes to finish on Monday in Japan Zozo Championship. It was his first win after having his fifth knee operation nine weeks ago. Sam Snead set the previous world record for most career titles on PGA Tour was set in the year 1965. Tiger Woods won his first major for 11 years with victory at the Masters in April.
Lauren Agenbag the 1st female umpire to officiate in men’s first-class game
October 24, 2019
Lauren Agenbag turned into the first female umpire to administer in top notch game in South Africa. The 23-year-old administered in the match between Central Gauteng Lions and Boland in the Cricket South Africa’s (CSA) Provincial three-day rivalry in Johannesburg from Thursday to Saturday a week ago, ICC announced.
- Not long ago, Agenbag turned out to be South Africa’s first female umpire to direct in a T20I, which was played between Sri Lanka and South Africa in Cape Town.
- She was likewise incorporated into ICC’s everything female board at the Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier Final and end of the season games a month ago.
- Lauren has become a leading figure for ladies’ umpiring in South Africa.
- She has demonstrated that there is no restriction on what can be accomplished with the necessary commitment and assurance to live one’s close to home dreams,” CSA’s Acting Director of Cricket, Corrie van Zyl said on Tuesday.
Retirement Abhishek Nayar from first class cricket
October 23, 2019
Abhishek Nayar has resigned from top of the line cricket. The 36-year-old household stalwart, played 99 top notch games for Mumbai before moving to Puducherry last season.
- Nayar, who is respected exceptionally for assisting plenty of cricketers – including Dinesh Karthik and Rohit Sharma – presently plans to concentrate on instructing.
- Nayar, who is presently connected with the Kolkata Knight Riders foundation.
- As a left-gave batsman and a crease bowler, Nayar was dropped during the 2017-18 season by Mumbai.
- He at a point moved to Puducherry last season and played four top of the line games, and the feature of the crusade was a five-for against Sikkim.
- Despite the fact that he broke into India’s ODI group in 2009, Nayar neglected to concrete his place and could just an element in three matches.
Since July a year ago, Nayar has been the lead mentor and coach of the Kolkata Knight Riders Foundation in Bengaluru. This season, he has been raised as the associate mentor of KKR, with previous New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum being the lead trainer.
At the 7th CISM World Military Games Anandan won 2 gold medals
October 22, 2019
At the 7th CISM World Military Games at Wuhan, China Anandan Gunasekaran won two gold medals in the disabled men’s 100 m and 400 m race. In the 100m IT1 event, Gunasekaran registered a time of 12.00 seconds in the 100m event and wins India’s first medal in the CISM World Military Games. Casas Jose from Peru with 12.65 seconds won silver. Colombia’s Fajardo Pardo Teodicelo won the bronze, clocking 12.72 seconds. Similarly, in the 400 m IT1 event for disabled people, Anandan Gunasekaran won his second gold medal by clocking 53.35 seconds. Teodicelo from Colombia won silver with 58.95 seconds, and Ranchin Mickael clocked 58.95 seconds and won bronze.
Rohit Sharma’s new record of highest average on home soil in Test cricket
October 21, 2019
Hitman of the Indian cricket team – Rohit Sharma sets another new record in test cricket through his splendid innings South Africa. This time he broke Don Bradman- Australian cricketer record of highest average in Test cricket in Ranchi, Jharkhand on 20 October. In the third test between Indian and South Africa, Rohit Sharma scored 212 runs in the first innings, recording his first double hundred in Test cricket. Rohit recorded an average of 99.84 on home soil beating Don Bradman’s average of 98.22 on home soil in test cricket.
Highlights of Innings:
- Both Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane have built a 200 run partnership helping India to put a total of 497 on the board in the first innings.
- Sharmaji scored 212 runs with 28 fours and 6 sixes.
- Ajinkya Rahane during the match scored 115 runs which is his 11th test century
He also became the 4th batsman to hit a double century in both ODI and Test cricket following Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, and Chris Gayle. Recently Rohit Sharma set a record by enrolling the most no. of sixes in bilateral Test series.
Andy Murray wins the Men’s singles European Open 2019 Championship
October 20, 2019
The European Open- a men’s ATP Tour 250 tournament took place in Antwerp, Belgium. The event took place from 14th to 20th October 2019. Andy Murray won the men’s singles title at the European Open 2019 on 20 October.
- In Men’s singles, Andy Murray (United Kingdom) won the title. This is his 1st ATP title since March 2017.
- He knocked Stan Wawrinka of Switzerland’s by scoring 3-6, 6-4, 6-4.
- Murray started rebuilding his style of the game after hip surgery earlier this year.
- Both Murray and Stan Wawrinka are suffering from a lot of injury problems from the last couple of years.
- Kevin Krawietz, Andreas Mies of Germany won men’s double.
- The champions of European Open 2019 will be awarded prize money of €711,275.
Yashasvi Jaiswal – Youngest cricketer to score List double Century in List A cricket
October 16, 2019
Yashasvi Jaiswal- a 17-year-old cricketer scores double century in Vijay Hazare Trophy Elite Group A match between Mumbai and Jharkhand. Yashasvi Jaiswal is now the youngest batsman to score a double century in List A cricket in the world.
- He scored 203 runs with 17 fours and 12 sixes and played a key role to put a total of 358/3 on the board for the Mumbai.
- This was his third century in the present tournament.
- Till now in Vijay Hazare Trophy, he scored 585 runs from five matches.
- He has been the leading run-scorer of Vijay Hazare Trophy beating Baba Aparajith from Tamil Nadu.
- List of Indian cricketers who have scored double hundreds in List A cricket- Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Rohit Sharma (thrice), Shikhar Dhawan, VK Kaushal, and Sanju Samson.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal will join the above list of Indian cricketers to score a double century in List A cricket.
Mary Kom wins her eighth World Medal
October 10, 2019
Six-time champion M.C. Mary Kom (51kg) on Thursday guaranteed herself an uncommon eighth decoration at the World Women’s Boxing Championship in the wake of progressing to the elimination rounds of the occasion here. Mary Kom crushed a vivacious adversary in Colombia’s Valencia Victoria, bringing a consistent 5-0 decision to make the last-eight phase.
- With this, Mary Kom bettered her own record as the best fighter throughout the entire existence of the marquee competition.
- Going into this release, she had six gold and a silver in her kitty however this is the first run through, the Manipuri has verified a world award in the 51kg class. She had completed a quarter finalist in this division before.
- Mary Kom’s staggering profession is likewise studded with an Olympic bronze award (2012), five Asian titles, gold decorations at the Asian Games and the Commonwealth Games, other than various other global top completions.
- This year alone, she won gold awards at the India Open in Guwahati and President’s Cup in Indonesia.
Simone Biles wins record breaking 21st medal in world Gymnastic championship
October 9, 2019
US acrobatic star Simone Biles secured a record-broadening fifteenth big showdown gold award on Tuesday as the Americans won the ladies’ group title in Stuttgart. Biles, 22 year old, gathered her 21st award at the titles to turn into the most improved ladies’ tumbler, taking her one clear of Russia’s Svetlana Khorkina.
- She additionally moved to inside two awards of the unequaled record held by Vitaly Scherbo of Belarus, a men’s aerobatic star during the 1990s.
- It was a fourth group title for Biles in an occasion the Americans have overwhelmed throughout the previous eight years.
- They asserted gold with a count of 172.330, well in front of the Russians, who took silver with 166.529, while the bronze went to Italy on 164.796.
- Biles assumed a key job in a telling execution by the USA, acquiring the most focuses on three of the four orders – the vault, balance shaft and floor.
She earned a noisy cheer for finding the “Biles II” ability – a triple-winding backtrack on the floor – keeping her pre-title guarantee to perform it in “each challenge” in Stuttgart. Biles is required to add more awards to her amazing count as the most loved in the ladies’ inside and out last Thursday and this present end of the week’s mechanical assembly finals.
Shoaib Malik- the fourth batsman to reach 9000 runs in T20s
October 7, 2019
- Pakistan all-rounder Shoaib Malik has become the fourth batsman on the planet to score 9,000 runs in the T20 design.
- On Sunday, Malik accomplished the accomplishment during Guyana Amazon Warriors’ success over Barbados Tridents in the continuous Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
- Malik played a splendid appearance of 32 runs from 19 balls as Warriors crushed Tridents by 30 runs and entered the finals.
- The previous Pakistan cricketer has now scored 9,014 runs in 356 T20 matches he has played till. Plus, he has likewise scalped 142 wickets.
- Swashbuckling West Indies opener Chris Gayle holds the record for being the main run-getter in T20s. Gayle has 13,051 T20 races to his name from 394 matches, and is trailed by Brendon McCullum (9,922 runs in 370 matches) and Kieron Pollard (9,757 runs in 489 matches).
- Malik, 37, has spoken to Pakistan in 35 Tests, 287 ODIs and 111 T20Is.
Ravindra Jadeja fastest bowler to take 200 Test wickets
October 5, 2019
Ravindra Jadeja on Friday got his 200th Test wicket when he expelled Dean Elgar on Day 3 of the progressing first Test versus guests South Africa. Senior member Elgar went for a scope yet wound up swelling the ball high noticeable all around towards mid-wicket and Cheteshwar Pujara took a fine forward plunging catch to hand Jadeja his 200th Test wicket.
- Jadeja has now gotten the quickest among the left-handers to arrive at the accomplishment In doing as such, the left-armer additionally turned out to be just the tenth Indian bowler to the 200-wickets mark.
- Jadeja is presently sixth on the rundown of Indian spinners with the most wickets in the longest configuration.
- While playing just his 44th Test coordinate, Jadeja is currently the second quickest among all Indians to finish the accomplishment.
- His turn accomplice and the most noteworthy wicket-taker in the present group, Ravichandran Ashwin who took his 200th scalp in his 37th game is the just one lying above Jadeja.
- Harbhajan Singh is the following on this rundown having taken 200 wickets by his 46th Test.
Koneru Humpy is now World No.3 in the latest FIDE rankings
October 4, 2019
India’s lady chess GrandMaster (GM) Koneru Humpy has moved to the third spot in the most recent rankings released by the International Chess Federation (FIDE).
- Winning the FIDE ladies’ Grand Prix competition held in Skolkovo in Russia as of late, Humpy increased 17 ELO indicates and has climbed the third spot with a worldwide rating of 2,577.
- The main two spaces are involved by two Chinese players Hou Yifan (2,569 points) and Ju Wenjun (2,586 points).
- In the Open area, previous title holder and Indian GM V. Anand is positioned ninth with 2,765 points while the prevailing best on the planet Norwegian GM Magnus Carlsen has proceeded with his strength at the main spot with 2,876 points.
Kapil Dev resigns from CAC after conflict of interest charges
October 3, 2019
Previous India cricketer Kapil Dev is the second individual from the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) after Shantha Rangaswamy to leave his post, having been delivered with Conflict of Interest charges.
- Kapil was answerable for talking the contender for the lead trainer’s situation alongside different individuals in the group after Ravi Shastri’s agreement had run out.
- The 1983 World Cup-winning Indian chief, alongside different individuals from the CAC, allowed Shastri a second agreement as the lead trainer.
- The irreconcilable situation charges appeared as Kapil and Rangaswamy are both as of late established Indian Cricketers’ Association (ICA), an assortment of ex-players supported by the BCCI.
- It additionally must be noticed that Dev’s association Dev Musco supplies floodlights to some Indian settings for universal cricket assignments.
- ‘No contention’ freedom was given to the three individuals from the CAC by CoA, Vinod Rai has now uncovered that the issue turned out poorly BCCI’s ombudsman-cum-morals official.
- Since both Kapil and Rangaswamy, they won’t need to give an explanation on the charges, yet Gaekwad would need to oust before the BCCI morals official as he hasn’t surrendered at this point.
IAAF World Athletics Championships: Annu Rani spots at 8th-place in javelin throw final
October 2, 2019
- India’s Annu Rani made history on Tuesday by contending in the spear toss ladies’ last at the IAAF World Championships 2019 where she completed in eighth spot out of 12 in Doha.
- Annu had made a decent start and was fifth after her first toss of 59.25m yet then began to drop down the request with tosses of 61.12m, 60.20m, 60.40m, 58.49m and 57.93m.
- Despite the fact that Annu neglected to win a decoration for India, she managed to dazzle with her exhibitions directly till the finish of her crusade at the Khalifa Stadium..
- Annu had completed third in Group An and qualified for the finals as the fifth-best entertainer of the capability round. She accomplished her own best with a toss of 62.43m, breaking her own national record all the while.
- Annu, who is the main Indian to arrive at the finals of the ladies’ spear toss in the World Championships, opened with a 57.05m before thinking of her vocation best toss in the second round. She had a 60.50m in her third and last toss.
- Kelsey-Lee Barber of Australia stowed the gold decoration with her last endeavor of 66.56m. China’s Shiying Liu and Huihui Lyu brought home the silver and bronze awards, individually.
Babar Azam breaks Kohli records in second ODI vs Sri Lanka
October 1, 2019
Pakistan player Babar Azam has outperformed India captain Virat Kohli to turn into the third-quickest batsman to enroll 11 ODI hundreds of years. He accomplished the accomplishment on Monday during the second ODI between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in Karachi.
- Azam has recorded achievement in his 71st innings in the 50-over arrangement while Kohli had taken 82 innings to content the accomplishment.
- Previously, South Africa batsman Hashim Amla is the quickest to accomplish 11 ODI hundreds of years as he accomplished the achievement in his 64th innings.
- Proteas wicket-manager batsman Quinton de Kock is on the second spot subsequent to scripting the eleventh century in his 65th innings.
- Azam had a record-breaking second ODI as he additionally turned into the main Pakistan player this year to outperform 1,000 ODI runs in a schedule year.
During the second ODI coordinate against Sri Lanka, the right-gave batsman crushed his eleventh ODI to cross previous commander Javed Miandad and become the quickest Pakistani batsman to cross 1,000 runs in a schedule year. Other than Azam, Virat Kohli (1,288), Rohit Sharma (1,232), Aaron Finch (1,141) and Usman Khawaja (1,085), are the other batsmen who scored 1000 runs in 2019.
England women’s wicket-keeper Sarah Taylor says Goodbye to International Cricket
September 28, 2019
England wicket-manager Sarah Taylor called time on her universal profession, an announcement from the England Cricket Board. She made her England debut in 2006. She scored 6,553 global runs is second on England Women’s unsurpassed rundown of run-scorers. Taylor was addition
ally an attractive guardian behind the stumps making waves with her imaginative strategies that drove her to 232 expulsions, the most in ladies’ cricket. She already goes on an uncertain break from cricket after the 2016 World T20 in India before returning for the 2017 World Cup.
Deepak Punia occupies first rank in Wrestling Ranking
September 27, 2019
Big showdown silver medallist wrestler Deepak Punia bounced to world number one position in 6kg. He lost the top position in the 65kg class in the most recent rankings given by the global organization (UWW).
- He agreed to a silver after a lower leg injured constrained him to haul out of the last against Iranian extraordinary Hasan Yazdani.
- The 20-year-old currently has 82 points, four more than World Champion Yazdani.
- Deepak won a silver Yasar Dogu and bronze decorations at Asian Championship and at Sassari competitions.
- Ravi Dahiya has entered the best five section. He is positioned precisely five with 39 while Rahul Aware’s bronze decoration has pushed him to world number two.
- Vinesh Phogat won a bronze in Nur Sultan alongside Tokyo Olympic standard, has bounced to number two in 53kg class.
- Seema Bisla dropped a crosspiece to number three while Pooja Dhanda (32) is positioned five in 59kg, two places behind countryman Manju Kumari (40).
Vedaant won silver at International Swimming Championship
September 26, 2019
On-screen character R Madhavan son, 14-year-old child Vedaant secured a silver award in the 4x100m free-form hand-off for Group II young men at the Asian Age Group Swimming Championship.
- Vedaant, alongside different members Utkarsh Patil, Sahil Laskar and Shoan Ganguly, won a silver decoration in the classification.
- Thailand scored the gold award and Japan won bronze in the third spot.
- India won gold in the 4x100m men’s free-form hand-off at the Asian Age Group Swimming Championship.
- Madhavan shared a thankfulness post for the youthful swimmers including his child. India gets her silver award at the Asian Games.
- Vedaant alongside different members Utkarsh Patil, Sahil Laskar, and Shoan Ganguly, won a silver decoration in the class.
PV Sindhu is appointed as its brand ambassador by Visa
September 25, 2019
Visa, the installment innovation organization, has joined the world badminton champion Pusarla Venkata Sindhu as its image representative for a long time.
- She will advance the brand through publicizing efforts. Aside from this, Sindhu has become a competitor individual from Team Visa for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
- PV Sindhu is first-since forever title holder in badminton in India. She made her global presentation in 2009. She stood no. 2 in April 2017.
- She won gold at the World Championships 2019. She won gold at the 2019 World Championships. Sindhu has gotten the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna grant, and the Padma Shri grant, India’s fourth-most noteworthy regular citizen grant.
- Since 1986, Visa has been supporting the Olympic Games as an overall support. Visa has additionally marked an agreement as the elite installment innovation accomplice through 2032.
- Group Visa is the organization’s worldwide competitor bolster program to help competitors who seek to the Olympic and Paralympic platform.
- The competitors under the program are chosen dependent on their normal showing of solid aggressive execution at the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The program has bolstered more than 400 Olympic and Paralympic competitors.
Lionel Messi won the best FIFA Men’s Player award
September 24, 2019
Barcelona striker Lionel Messi won the FIFA 2019 Men’s Player of the Year 2019 honor just because at a function in Milan, Italy. Messie pushed out Virgil Van Dijk, who won the UEFA player’s honor in August 2019. He likewise won the European Golden Shoe in the wake of scoring 36 objectives, the La Liga title with Barcelona and helped Argentina to bronze at 2019 Copa America.
- Messi’s opponent and Juventus forward Ronaldo was likewise shortlisted for the honor. He didn’t go to the service as he was named in FIFA’s World 11 best group alongside Messi.
- Both Messi and Van Dijk are presently relying on the Ballon d’Or which will be reported on 2 December 2019.
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player was started in the year 2016. The honor perceives greatness in the affiliation football crew and individual accomplishments.
- The first awardee, in 2016, of the honor is Cristiano Ronaldo
- In the year 2017, Cristiano Ronaldo won the honor and for 2018, Luka Modrić won the honor.
Rohit Sharma rises to MS Dhoni’s record of playing most T20Is for India
September 22, 2019
India’s hitman Rohit Sharma equalled MS Dhoni’s record of playing generally number of T20 International counterparts for India when he turned out to open the batting for India in the third T20I against South Africa at Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Sunday.
- Rohit and MS Dhoni have played 98 T20I matches for India and are trailed by Suresh Raina who has highlighted in 78 T20Is. India captain Virat Kohli is fourth in the rundown with 72 matches up to this point.
- Previous India captain MS Dhoni’s last T20I was not long ago against Australia. The wicketkeeper-batsman made himself inaccessible for the West Indies visit and South Africa in the wake of taking a break of more than 2 months.
- India’s home season started with a 3-coordinate T20I arrangement against South Africa. The hosts are driving the arrangement 1-0 after the principal coordinate being cleaned out in Dharamsala.
- India opener Rohit Sharma has not had a decent show with the bat in India’s home season that began with the T20I arrangement against South Africa.
- Sharma oversaw only 12 runs in the second match while withdrew for 9 in the last T20I of the arrangement.
Laxman Rawat won the World 6Reds title
September 19, 2019
Laxman Rawat secured the International Billiards and Snooker Federation (IBSF) World 6Reds title in Mandalay, Myanmar. He crushed Pakistan’s Muhammad Asif and verified 6-5 to secure the title. In the ladies’ conclusive, Indian snooker player Amee Kamaniwas crushed by three-time junior title holder Nutcharat with a score of 2-4. The World Billiards and Snooker Council was framed in 1971. It was renamed in the year 1973 to the International Billiards and Snooker Federation. IBSF is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The President of IBSF is Mubarak Al-Khayarin.
Athlete Hima Das- New brand ambassador of Gatorade by PepsiCo
September 12, 2019
India’s star athlete Hima Das has now tied up PepsiCo India and became the brand ambassador for its sports drink brand Gatorade. Hima Das now joins shuttler PV Sindhu (since 2017) and javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra (since 2018) as the brand’s ambassadors in the country.
- ‘Nothing Beats Hima. Nothing Beats Gatorade’, will be the new caption for the upcoming campaign of the brand.
- During the period of Contract, Gatorade India will also be working with Hima Das to understand her training and race-day nutrition better.
- As per PepsiCo India, Hima will advertise the spirit of its sports drink brand Gatorade through her string attitude and spirit to win.
- PepsiCo India also added that Gatorade contains the right amount of fluids, carbohydrates, and electrolytes that can help any athlete to rehydrate, replenish and refuel all through the game.
- Thus PepsiCo India thinks Hima Das is the perfect brand ambassador as she also sets out to achieve new records for the country.
CISF team successfully summited Mt. Satopanth peak
September 11, 2019
The CISF is a team of sixteen members mountain climbing expedition with 3 girls started-off on 05th August 2019. Shri Raghubir Lal DIG as the team lead. The team of 16 members of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) successfully completed Mount Satopanth’s peak climbing.
- To emphasize the Fit India Movement and Women Empowerment initiated by the Prime Minister of India, the CISF team flagged this expedition.
- The team faced several challenges and achieved their goal by exposing to different mental and physical challenges, low atmospheric pressure like thin air, zero temperatures, snow blizzards, and harsh climatic conditions.
- Mount Satopanth peak- the second highest peak in the Uttarakhand and was successfully submitted for the first time by Andre Roch team in 1947.
- The CISF team will go to Mt. Everest Expedition in March-April in 2020.
Boycott & Strauss of England are honoured with knighthoods
September 10, 2019
Geoffrey Boycott and Andrew Strauss of England cricket are honoured with Knighthoods by Theresa May. Both the former cricketers have received the honour for their outstanding services to sport after cricket careers for the England team. Between 1964 and 1982, Geoffrey Boycott played 108 tests for England Cricket team and scored 8,114 Test runs with an average of 47.72.
On the other hand, Andrew Strauss from 2004-12 has played 100 tests for England scoring 7,000+ runs at an average of 40.91. He has also been the captain for the team to two Ashes series wins. Andrew Strauss also served as England’s director of cricket between 2015 and 2018.
Rafael Nadal lifts the US Open title for the fourth time
September 09, 2019
Rafael Nadal – World number two Tennis player won the 2019 US Open title. He defeated Daniil Medvedev with 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4 in each set. According to the reports, this is Nadal’s fourth US Open title. The United States Open Tennis Championships is a tournament that started in 1881. The 139th edition of the US Open title Championship is held in New York, United States. He was awarded the 2019 US Open title trophy and prize money of $3.85 million. Roger Federer is in the top place with 20 Grand Slam men’s singles titles. After Roger Federer, this Spanish player stands second with 19 Grand Slam men’s singles titles. Nadal has won the title in years 2010, 2013 and 2017. Nadal has won 4 U.S. Opens, 12 French Opens, 2 Wimbledons, and one Australian Open Grand Slam titles up to now.
- Men’s title:
Singles: Rafael Nadal
Doubles: Juan Sebastián Cabal, Robert Farah
- Women’s title:
Singles: Bianca Andreescu
Doubles: Elise Mertens, Aryna Sabalenka
- Mixed doubles title: Bethanie Mattek-Sands, Jamie Murray
IOC – the new champions of MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup
September 08, 2019
MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey- 2nd oldest hockey tournament in country after Beighton Cup in Kolkata. The 93rd edition of All India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup Hockey tournament is held from 29 August to 8 September at Mayor Radhakrishnan Stadium in Egmore, Chennai.
- In the 93rd All-India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup, the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) remains as champions by defeating Punjab National Bank (PNB) with 3-1 in the final held at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- M M Murugappan – Chairman of Murugappa Group presented the trophy to the winning team.
- Totally 10 teams participated in the tournament, pooled into 2 groups of 5 teams each. Indian Oil Corporation. Indian Air Force (IAF) team has been part of the tournament for 1st time.
- IOC, the defending champion of the season, opened its scorecard in the 23rd minute when Gurjinder Singh beat the rival goalkeeper from a penalty corner. Whereas PNB scored 1 goal in the 44th minute.
- IOC is added a 2-0 advantage after 15 minutes by Gurjinder Singh converting another penalty corner.
- The final goal of the game is given by Veteran Deepak Thakur in the 59th minute of the tournament.
The Winners of the tournament will receive prize money of Rs.6 lakhs while runners get Rs.3.5 lakhs. For the best forward, best midfielder, best goalkeeper, the most promising player of the tournament, and man of the match of finals a Cash prize of Rs.10,000 will be awarded.
BKSP holds the U17 Girls Subroto Cup International Football title
September 06, 2019
Subroto Cup International Football Tournament- a famous inter-school football tournament in India founded in 1960. Every year IAF conducts the tournament with the support of Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- This year in the U17 Girls Subroto Cup International Football 2019 title held in New Delhi, the Bangladesh Krida Shiksha Prothishtan (BKSP) defeated Nilmani English School, Manipur with 4-0 successfully.
- During the first half, BKSP started with enjoying the majority of possession and ended the first half with leading points of 2-0.
- In the second half, Nilmani English School, Manipur tried to turn game away from BKSP but failed. Bangladesh with a good defending and very strong formation reached a winning score of 4-0.
- The individual awards category winners are
Best Coach: Jaya Chakma, BKSP (Bangladesh)
Best goalkeeper: Surudhani Kisku, BKSP (Bangladesh)
Best Player: Afeida Khandaker, BKSP (Bangladesh)
Most Contributing School for Football: Nilmani English School (Manipur)
Fair play Award: Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai.
- BKSP, Bangladesh won a sum of Rs.4,00,000 and Nilmani English School, Manipur won Rs.2,50,000 as prize money.
World Martial Arts Mastership Jiu-Jitsu 2019: Anupama Swain wins bronze
September 06, 2019
In the recent World Martial Arts Mastership Jiu-Jitsu 2019, Anupama Swain won a bronze medal. Jiu-Jitsu is a combat sport that entirely focuses on grappling with particular emphasis on ground fighting. This grand event was held in Chungju, South Korea. She has been qualified for 2022 Asian Games. Anupama Swain is the only Indian to participate in the championship.
September 05, 2019
In 142 years of Test cricket history, Rashid Khan – a Afghan Cricketer has become the youngest ever captain in the test cricket. This 20 years and 358 days old leg spinner is presently captaining Afghanistan in the one-off Test against Bangladesh. Afghanistan Cricket Board named Rashid as captain for all formats after the disappointing team’s performance at the World Cup campaign in England and Wales in early 2019.The Afghan couldn’t manage to win a single match in tournament in the World Cup campaign. He broke Zimbabwe’s Tatenda Taibu record of 20 years and 358 days against Sri Lanka in 2004.
Steve Smith takes lead over Virat Kohli and attains the top spot in ICC Test Rankings
September 04, 2019
- Till yesterday Indian captain Virat Kohli got second in the ICC Test Rankings with an overall score of 76 in the first innings this year.
- After the Ashes, Australian batsman Steve Smith and pacer Pat Cummins maintain their positions at the top of the ICC Test Player Rankings. The Australian team has culminated with a 135-run victory for England on Sunday as the five-match series ended in a 2-2 draw.
- Smith is now on the top spot in the ICC Test Rankings. This Australian cricketer is served with a ban for his role in the Newlands ball-tampering scandal in August 2018. This ban of Steve Smith led Kohli to overtake him on the charts.
- Also, Kohli has to wait until October 2019 when South Africa visits India for a Test series before challenging Smith again.
- India Cricket Ajinkya Rahane returned back to the top 10 jumping to No.7 spot.
- Whereas in bowling, Jasprit Bumrah continues to impress in the West Indies tour. He is also the player-of-the-series with 13 wickets to his name in the two Tests.
- He is now only two positions away from the top place behind Australia’s Pat Cummins and South Africa’s Kagiso Rabada.
FIFA World Cup 2022 logo is unveiled at Qatar
September 03, 2019
Qatar has come up with the official logo for the 2022 World Cup hosted by the Gulf emirate. The log has been unveiled in public spaces in Doha and cities around the world. The logo is a designed Arabic white unisex shawl with maroon patterning in a figure-of-eight symbolizing infinity. It also creates a heart shape above the words FIFA WORLD CUP Qatar 2022
- This elegant logo showcases the local culture with the burgundy colour of the Qatari flag, Algerian hospitality worker Mourad Bencheikh.
- In cities like Madrid, Buenos Aires, and Beirut along with several other major cities, the emblem was also displayed.
- The main inspiration for Qatari organizers for the logo is the traditional woollen shawls worn during the winter months.
- To avoid the scorching Gulf summer, the event has been planned for November and December 2022.
Late British-Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid designed Qatar located in a coastal town south of Doha with an estimated cost of around $575 million. Qatar is building or refurbishing for 2022, Khalifa International already open and will host this year’s World Athletics Championships.
Rishabh Pant is now India’s fastest wicket-keeper to claim 50 dismissals in Test cricket
September 02, 2019
- Rishabh Pant – an Indian cricketer becomes India’s fastest wicket-keeper to record 50 dismissals in Test cricket.
- He achieved this by breaking the previous record of MS Dhoni for India. In his 11th test during India vs West Indies match, Pant reached his 50th test dismissal.
- By dismissing West Indies’ Kraigg Brathwaite in 2nd innings of West Indies in the second Test pant. While MS Dhoni claimed his 50 test dismissals in his 15 tests.
- Rishabh Pant also equaled the world record for most catches in test cricket by wicket-keeper in the test match against Australia at Adelaide in December 2018.
- In this test match, he had taken 11 catches. Other cricketers to hold the record include Jack Russell (England) and AB de Villiers (South Africa).
67th Edition of Nehru Trophy is won by Nadubhagam Chundan snake boat
September 01, 2019
The snake boat of Pallathuruthy Boat Club,‘Nadubhagam Chundan’ won the 67th Nehru Trophy- edition of coveted boat race at Punnamada Lake in Alappuzha in Kerala. Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister of Kerala inaugurated the event with the renowned cricketer Sachin Tendulkar as the chief guest.
- In this years’ Nehru trophy, 79 boats including 23 snake boats participated. Among these 20 snake boats including 9 Champions Boat League (CBL), teams are competing in the main race and remaining 3 snake boats in an exhibition race.
- With 9 points, Nadubhagam Chundan (snake boat) covered a distance of 1,050 meters in 4.24 minutes.
- Final of Thekkanodi Women Tharavallam is won by Saradhy of Police Boat Club won.
- On 7 September 2019, the next leg of the race will be held at Thazhathangadi near Kottayam.
- ‘Chambakkulam Chundan’ of United Boat Club, Kainakary, occupied 2nd place in the race.
- ‘Karichal Chundan’ of Police Boat Club and Devas Chundan of NCDC Boat Club from Kumarakom are adjusted with 3rd and 4th positions.
For to provide up to date information to sports lovers about Sports & Games Current Affairs, we have gathered all the details from various sources and equipped in single page. Make use of this Sports Current Affairs and gain knowledge to perform better in various exams.