17 March 2020 Current Affairs: To see a successful future in the state or central govt exams read the most important current affairs. The top current affairs at Jobads will be helpful to job aspirants who applied for the SBI PO, IBPS clerks, and other career-exams. In current affairs, reaching the cut-off marks isn’t enough to get a job. So, by using the daily current affairs, try to earn more marks and get your name in the merit list. Everyone can take advantage of the current affairs of national, world, sports, industry. In addition, Test the level of readiness on current quiz questions. Be good in the latest affairs, and set a path for success. Thus, Read the 17th March 2020 current affairs.
International Current Affairs
Putin as President Until 2036 | Gk Current Affairs Of 17 March 2020
- Vladimir Putin will continue his position as Russia’s president until 2036. Yet Putin’s new term as president is set to expire in 2024.
- On March 12, a constitutional amendment was passed by the Russian parliament which would require the president to remain in office for an additional 12 years.
- Voting on those amendments will take place from 22 April 2020 in Russia. The amendment act is to be reviewed by the Constitutional Court of Russia.
- For 20 years, Vladimir Putin has dominated Russian politics, and thus paved the way for a longer tenure as Russia’s president. Thus, Putin with the long term president act is on 17 March 2020 current affairs.
National Current Affairs
GST On Mobiles Increased To 18% | Free Current Affairs Of 17 March 2020
- The 39th meeting of the GST Council was held in New Delhi on 14 March 2020, with Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Infosys has the duty to develop the architecture of the GST network to solve client problems. Cell phones and replacement parts have raised GST from 12% to 18% which will come into force on April 1st, 2020.
- A new’ Know Your Supplier ‘ facility will soon be available for any person registered under GST to know the basic details of the supplier to suit his business.
- The GST network’s latest system will take effect from January 2021. In addition, the GST council will lay fines to business people who missed filing annual returns. Finally, the 39th GST Council meeting with new GST changes is on 17 March 2020 current affairs.
Business Current Affairs
New CEO and MD Of Yes Bank | Top 10 Current Affairs Of 17 March 2020
- Prashant Kumar became the new chief executive and MD Of Yes Bank. Prashant Kumar currently serves as Chief Financial Officer and Deputy Director of State Bank of India.
- RBI named Prashant to Yes Bank as its administrator. In seven days after the demolition of the moratorium, a new board will be formed under the leadership of Prashant.
- According to the Board’s new order, Sunil Mehta, who is Punjab National Bank’s former non-executive chairman and non-executive president, Mahesh Krishnamurthy, is to appoint Atul Bheda as a non-executive officer.
- Besides, The central bank has issued a notification to implement the ‘Yes Bank Renewal Scheme 2020‘. Thus, Prasanth as new CEO of Yes Bank is on 17 March 2020 current affairs.
State Current Affairs
NCLAT Bench In Chennai | Latest Current Affairs Of 17 March 2020
- A notification for the establishment of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal Bench (NCLAT) in Chennai was issued by the Central Government and came into effect on 18 March 2020.
- In Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Puducherry States and Union Territories, this bench may appeal against the orders of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) benches.
- The Delhi Principal Bench is hearing appeals for the remaining states and territories. Recently, the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) appoints Bansi Lal Bhat as its chairman.
- Sudhansu Jyoti Mukhopadhaya who is the current NCLAT chairman retired on March 13. Finally, NCLAT with new appointees and new Bench is on 17th March current affairs.
Sports Current Affairs
2nd Denmark Player to Win the All England Open Title | Today Current Affairs
- Former world ranker number one Viktor Axelsen from Denmark has been All England Badminton Champion of the men’s singles.
- China’s Tai Tzu-Ying was the women’s singles champion. As part of the tournament’s 120-year history, Viktor Axelsen defeated the world 2nd ranker Chinese player Chou Tien Chen in the Birmingham finals.
- Tai Tzu-Ying defeated Chinese player Chen Yufei. Additionally, after Peter Gade, Axelsen became the first Denmark player to win the All England Open title.
- Peter Gade set the record as the 1st person to win the title of All England Open in 1999. Axelsen and Tai Zhu Rung have been paid $77,000 in prize money for winning the titles. Thus, Viktor Axelsen as a 2nd Denmark Player is on 17 March 2020 current affairs.
ITTF Oman Open Challenger Plus Tournament Champion | Daily Current Affairs
- Indian tabletop tennis player (TTT) Achanta Sharath Kamal has been the Oman Open Challenger Plus tournament winner.
- The ITTF tournament was organized by the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) in two phases, i.e. the first stage on March 11 & 12, and the second stage on March 13 & 15.
- Sarat Kamal, however, became champion in the singles event for men which ended in Oman’s capital, Muscat on March 15.
- The Kamal also defeated the Portugal-owned Fratas Marcos. Sharath Kamal Achanta is the Indian table tennis player who has emerged as the National Champion nine times.
- Kamlesh Mehta previously had an 8-time National Champion record. Finally, Achanta Sharath Kamal as an ITTF Oman Open Challenger Plus Tournament Champion is on 17 March 2020 current affairs.
Indian Super League 2020 Champion | Important Current Affairs
- Atletico De Kolkata became champion in the sixth season football tournament of the Indian Super League (ISL). In the final on March 14th at Fatorda Stadium in Goa, Kolkata wins over Chennaiyarun FC.
- De Kolkata became the 1st team three times in a series to win the ISL trophy. ISL-winning Kolkata in 2014, 2016 and 2020. In addition, Football Club Chennaiyin claimed the championship in 2015, 2018. Kolkata gets Rs. 8 crores and Runner-up Chennaiyarun gets Rs. 4 crores as the money for the award.
- The Valkyries have awarded the ‘Golden Boot‘ to the Chennaiyurun team, who scored 15 goals. Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh of the Bengaluru FC has bagged the ‘Golden Glove‘ title.
- Besides, Sumeet from Kolkata got the title as ‘emerging player of League‘. Also, Hugo Boumous of Goa FC got the title as ‘Hero of the League‘. Finally, Kolkata as ISL champion is on 17 March 2020 current affairs.