9 March 2020 Current Affairs: Read daily top 10 currents for writing competitive exams. Job seekers who are searching for the latest current affairs can get freely at Jobads. Become the topper of any employment exams by preparing the important current affairs and day to day current affairs mock tests. From the International, National, States, Sports, Summits and conference news, Daily current affairs are covered. Besides, People who are writing bank exams can get Banking, Business, Commerce, and Finance current affairs. For students, Science and Technology current affairs covered with detailed explanations. So, Read all current affairs in today’s 9th March 2020 current affairs.
International Current Affairs
Sonia Syngal Became GAP CEO | Important Current Affairs Of 9 March 2020
- Sonia Syngal joined Gap Inc as CEO. GAP is one of 500 companies ranked 186th among the leading apparel companies.
- She previously worked at Sun Microsystems and Ford Motors for 15 years. The nomination came to prominence as part of an election campaign between three white American leaders, during a vigorous debate on diversity and gender equality.
- There are now 33 female CEOs in 500 firms. Sonia was born in India during her childhood moved to Canada. Sonia holds a Kettering University degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Stanford University Masters’s degree.
- Working Mother Magazine named Sonia Syngal as “The 50 Most Strong Moms’ in 2018“. Finally, As a GAP CEO Sonia is on 9 March 2020 current affairs.
National Current Affairs
Hansraj Bhardwaj Passed Away | Latest Current Affairs Of 9 March 2020
- Hansraj Bhardwaj, former Union minister, and senior Congressman has passed away. Bhardwaj who suffers from kidney-related issues, died at the age of 83 in Delhi.
- Bhardwaj was born in Gahri Sampla Kiloi, Rohtak, Punjab, and British Raj on 17 May 1937. Hansraj served as Minister of Union Justice and later as Governor of Karnataka and Kerala.
- Hansraj set a record for holding second-longest tenure in the Ministry of Law. Besides, The first person to hold the longest tenure in the Law Ministry is Ashoke Kumar Sen.
- Under the UPI-A administration Hansraj launched the country’s rural courts. Finally, Hansraj Bhardwaj died and his works are on 9 March 2020 current affairs.
Nari Shakti Puraskar Awards 2020 | Free Current Affairs Of 9 March 2020
- President Ramnath Kovind awarded the “Nari Shakti Awards” for distinguishing women in different fields in celebration of International Women’s Day.
- Nari Shakti Puraskar means “Woman Power Award” and has been regarded as women’s highest civilian award. Besides, The awards were first given in 1999 by the Ministery of Women and Child Development.
- President Ramnath has presented the Nari Shakti award to 103-year-old Mann Kaur for winning the World Masters Athletics Championships gold medal.
- In addition, Tashi Malik and Mann Kaur, Indian Air Force First Female Fighter Pilot Avani Chaturvedi, Bhavana, the 96-year-old Katyayani Amma, Bhagirathi Amma, and Uttarakhand twins were awarded the Nari Shakti Awards. Finally, Nari Shakti awards are on 9 March 2020 current affairs.
State Current Affairs
Cyberabad Tug of War Champions 2020 | Top 10 Current Affairs Of The Day
- As part of the Cyberabad Police Sports Festival, the home secretary’s chief secretary team has emerged as the winner of the Tug of War Competition.
- The men’s police constable Ravi Nayak won the men’s race and the women’s police constable Ramadevi won the women’s division.
- The four-day event included constables from the ministerial staff from five law and order zones, traffic and SAR headquarters.
- Besides, The list includes Cricket, Kabaddi, Basketball Volleyball, Football, Carroms, Chess Badminton, and Tennis.
- Home Department chief secretary Ravi Gupta was in attendance at the closing ceremony. The program included Sajjanar Satimani Anupama, Shamshabad DCP Prakash Reddy, Madhapur DCP Venkateshwara Rao. Finally, the Tug of War 2020 Champions is on 9th March 2020 current affairs.
Sports Current Affairs
ICC Womens T20 World Cup 2020 Champion | Today Current Affairs
- Australia has become the winner of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup. Australia bowled out for 184. In 19.1 overs, Team India bowled out for 99.
- Shafali, Mandana, and Harman the main batters did not perform well. Four wickets defeated Team India by the Australia bowler Megan, though Jonathan took three wickets.
- Harman has placed some pressure on it, with the loss of wickets consecutively. India thus became a runner-up in the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) will hold every 2 years of the women’s world cup. ICC held the first women’s world cup in 2009, and the event will feature a total of 10 teams. Finally, Australia as an ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 Champion is on 9 March 2020 current affairs.