14 January 2020 Current Affairs: Read the top current affairs and practice the daily current affairs to get your name in the merit list of competitive exams. Job seekers are failing to pass the important current affairs cut-off marks in the preliminary and mains exam. Job applicants are clearing the remaining subjects easily when compared to current affairs. So, try to focus more on the top current affairs in the Jobads. This site clearly explains the best current affairs and provide revision sets of weekly and monthly current affairs 2020. Also, To remember for a long time then practice the free current affairs quiz on our website. Finally, Give 5 minutes reading on today’s 14 January 2020 current affairs.
For Important Current Affairs, Visit and follow Jobads.
GSAT-30 Satellite | Top Current Affairs Of 14 Jan 2020 | Free Current Affairs
- GSAT-30 is the communication satellite of India going to launch on 17th January 2020. From French Guiana, with the help of Ariane-5 launch vehicle (VA 251) GSAT-30 is going to launch.
- It is specially designed for getting the support of Digital Services News Gathering, DTH-Television services, and VSAT networks.
- Television broadcasters in India will get extra coverage in c-band. GSAT-30 is going to replace the INSAT-4A spacecraft services.
- INSAT-4A will maximize the number of transponders in broadcasting. However, GSAT-30 with additional features is going to launch in space and it has a life cycle of 15 years.
- Thus, GSAT-30 is on 14 January 2020 current affairs.
New Director General Of CRPF | 14 Jan 2020 Important Current Affairs | Top 10 Current Affairs
- AP Maheshwari appointed as the new Director-General of the Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF). The Ministry of Personnel has appointed him to the CRPF.
- RR Bhatnagar who is the previous director-general of CRPF retired on the 31st December 2019. The new director Ap Maheswari will be in power up to February 28, 2021.
- AP Maheshwari previously worked as the Union Home Ministry Special Secretary.
- He is the 1984 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh. Maheshwari will responsible for 3.25 lakh world’s largest paramilitary force.
- Also, the Newly appointed officer has to take decisions on anti-Naxal operations and anti-terror operations. Thus, New officer Maheshwari as a new Director-General of CRPF is on 14 January 2020 current affairs.
Raisina Dialogue 2020 | Latest Current Affairs Of 14 Jan 2020 | Top Current Affairs
- Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation organized the 5th edition of the Raisina Dialogue in Delhi.
- Raisina Dialogue is a conference on geopolitics and geo-economics. Foreign ministers from different countries will attend this dialogue to discuss on challenges facing the world.
- S Jaishankar who is the External Affairs Minister of India will take the lead in this event and PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate the session.
- The interesting thing in this dialogue is 45 percent are of women speakers. The main agenda of this Raisina Dialogue 2020 is Changes of technology in the modern world and counter-terrorism.
- This dialogue will hold for 3 days and 700 international participants will participate in the event. Thus, A large Raisina Dialogue is on 14th January’s current affairs.
River Ghaghra To Saryu | 14 Jan 2020 Top Current Affairs | UP Current Affairs
- River Ghaghra’s name is going to be changed to Saryu in the future. Yogi Adityanath who is the chief minister of UP is changing the river name.
- Recently, Yogi changed the Allahabad district to Prayagraj district. On another hand, Faizabad district renamed to Ayodhya district.
- Saryu river means the flow of water which is passing through the Ayodhya in Vedas and Ramayana. This river is famous for washing the impurities of man as per Vedas.
- Besides, The Saryu river known as the Kali river. Also, Yogi changed the Mughalsarai junction in Chandauli to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Nagar.
- Yogi sent a proposal to the home ministry to change Ghaghra to Saryu. Thus, the New name of Ghaghra is on 14 January 2020 current affairs.
Sahyog-Kaijin Exercise | 14 Jan 2020 Current Affairs | Indian Current Affairs
- Sahyog-Kaijin is the annual Joint Exercise between the Japan Coast Guard and the Indian Coast Guard. The ‘Sahyog-Kaijin’ 2020 is the 19th exercise.
- This exercise first practiced in the year 2000 and will hold for 5 days.
- Admiral Takahiro Okushima who is the Japan Coast Guard Commandant and Krishnaswamy Natarajan Director-General of Indian Coast Guard will participate in the exercise Sahyog-Kaijin 2020.
- Besides, The aim of this exercise is to share the Rescue procedures and strengthening bilateral ties between Japan and India.
- In the part of an exercise, the ‘Echigo‘ which is the Japan coast guard ship arrived at the Tamilnadu harbor. Thus, Sahyog-Kaijin exercise occupies some space on 14th January 2020 current affairs.