29 January 2020 Current Affairs: Get the important current affairs for free at Jobads website to crack any competitive exam. Job seekers are struggling to read and classify the current affairs from the news. So, this website directly presenting the top current affairs by gathering all the related content. Include our latest day-to-day affairs as part of your training and get good results in preliminary and Mains exams. Practice the current affairs quiz also to test your level of preparation. You can also easily get the monthly current affairs for exams on our e-books page. If you are not started your preparation then start with today’s 29 January 2020 current affairs.
For more latest current affairs of January 2020, Visit Jobads.
Republic Day Parade Tableau Award | Important Current Affairs | Awards and Honours Current Affairs
- All the states and union territories participated in the Republic Day Parade 2020 to show the greatness of Indian culture.
- Defense ministry identified their work and presented the best Republic Day Parade Tableau Award. Assam stands first with the best performance.
- On the other hand, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh are on the second rank. Assam performed the events with the theme “Land of Unique Craftsmanship and Culture”.
- Odhisa performed the Rukuna Ratha Yatra of Lord Lingaraja. Uttar Pradesh performed the event with “Sarva Dharma Sama Bhav”.
- Besides, Some ministries get the best Tableau award. Ministry of Jal Shakti and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) are the two ministries who got the best Tableau award. Finally, Assam got some fame on 29 January 2020 current affairs.
New India’s ambassador to the US | Top 10 Current Affairs | International Current Affairs
- Taranjit Singh Sandhu appointed as the new India’s Ambassador to the US. External Affairs Ministry named the Taranjit Singh in place of Harsh Vardhan Shringla.
- Currently, Taranjit works in Sri Lanka as India’s High Commissioner. Taranjit also had interactions as Joint Human Resources Secretary with the US.
- Sandhu served as Consul General of India in Frankfurt from 2011 to 2013. However, Harsh Vardhan Shringla appointed as the new foreign secretary.
- Present foreign secretary Vijay Gokhale finished his term and will retire. Therefore, some roles are shifting at the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Finally, Taranjit Singh Sandhu fit for India’s Ambassador to the US and occupies some space on 29 January 2020 current affairs.
Virtual Police Station | Top 10 Current Affairs | State Current Affairs
- Odisha Government has launched a virtual police station without visiting the station to file a complaint. On 28 January Naveen Patnaik who is Odisha’s chief minister inaugurated the e-police station.
- The State Crime Records Bureau of Bhubaneswar will take care of cases concerning the e-police station. Odhisa people can make a complaint about the thefts, road accidents, and some other cases.
- Police investigate the cases and take the necessary actions against the criminals. Digital police stations also serve as a mediator for claiming coverage between insurance companies and victims of road accidents.
- Odhisa is trying to minimize the visit to police stations. Thus, Odhisa with idea virtual police station is on 29 January 2020 current affairs.
Nagpur Metro Aqua Line | Important Current Affairs | State Current Affairs
- Nagpur Metro Aqua line of Maha Metro Rail Network is inaugurated by the Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.
- Nitin Gadkari who is the Road Transport and Highways minister of India attended the inauguration event. This is the 18.5Km long metro network which connects the Ambazari lake, Maharashtra Industrial area, and city outskirts.
- Nagpur is having some special status for running the trains by Solar Energy. Thus, Nagpur is the Greenest Metro in India.
- This new metro will travel from Lokmanya Nagar to Sitabuldi metro stations. Hardeep Singh Puri who is the Union Urban Development Minister supported the 38-kilometer stretch of Nagpur Metro Network.
- Besides, Nitin Gadkari suggested the Broad-Gauge Metro network to reduce the manufacturing cost of rolling stock in the Wardha district. Finally, Maha’s Nagpur Metro Aqua line is on track on 29 January 2020 current affairs.
India’s First Underwater Metro | Latest Current Affairs | State Current Affairs
- India’s first undersea metro train is to operate by the Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation across Hooghly River.
- The Indian Railways Board is investing 20 crores into this project for the east-west metro. This underwater train can travel 9 million people a day.
- In just one minute, the train crosses the 520-meter underwater tunnel. The Agency for International Cooperation in Japan is funding the project work amount of 50 percent.
- Besides, In 1984 the Indian government had already planned and not completed the construction of this underwater train.
- Bengal sponsored and launched the works after a few years and attempted to close by 2022. Finally, Kolkata’s and India’s First Underwater Metro is on 29 January 2020 current affairs.
Advani’s New National Title | Free Current Affairs | Sports Current Affairs
- In the Billiards game, Pankaj Advani added another title to his profile. Advani became the Senior National Billiards Championship winner.
- He beat Sourav Kothari by 5–2 points in the final. This veteran queue sports star is the 33rd national-level title and 10th senior-level title.
- Advani was born in Pune on July 24, 1985, and began his career in 2002 with the Asian Billiards Championship.
- In 2006 and 2010 he won gold 2 times for India at the Asian Games. Besides, Advani is the only person to win India’s world title in snooker and billiards.
- He won 5 titles for the Asian Billiards Champion and became the first person to reach those milestones. Finally, With another National title, Pankaj Advani is on 29 January 2020 current affairs.
Tata’s New Electric Car | Top 10 Current Affairs | Business Current Affairs
- On Tuesday, Tata Motors unveiled the first Nexon EVE electric car. Tata Motors developed electric car with Ziptron, the new technology platform for electric vehicles.
- The Nexon EV cars are available at 60 dealer outlets in 22 cities. One charge will cover over 300 kilometers.
- The Nexon EV replaces 60 percent battery capacity in 60 minutes when plugged into a fast DC charger. Nexon Eve also offers 35 Mobile App-Based Connect features.
- The next 24 months will see the arrival of four more hybrid vehicles, two SUVs and hatchback sedans.
- Chairman of Tata Sons Group, N Chandrasekharan said electric vehicle implementation is important. Thus, Tata motors with new electric vehicles are on 29 January 2020 current affairs.
Bhuvan Panchayat V3 | Important Current Affairs | Indian Current Affairs
- Bhuvan Panchayat V3 is the web portal launched by the Jitendra Singh. This web portal will improve the gram panchayats network applications.
- ISRO specially designed Bhuvan Panchayat V3 with the help of satellite technology. With the help of this portal is to educate the gram panchayats with the space-based information.
- Jitendra Singh who is the Union Minister of State for PMO released the decentralized planning technical document of space.
- This portal also works as a mediator between people and the government. Also, people can get free services in any emergency time.
- ISRO is trying to connect the Gram Panchayats with the Bhuvan Panchayat V3 web Portal. Thus, the new portal by ISRO is on 29th January 2020 current affairs.