Science and Technology Current Affairs 2019: In Today’s world, Science and Technology play a key role in the overall development of the nation. new inventions in various fields of Science and Technology change our lifestyle in advance. Grab the latest Science and Technology Updates of 2019 daily through the Current Affairs blog of Jobads. It helps you to get the latest news about various discoveries, inventions, researches done by software professionals. scientists, astronauts around different parts of the world. Grabbing this information not enhance your General Knowledge but also helps in your preparation for various competitive exams and interviews. Check Day to Day Current Affairs daily of jobads and get to know more about the Latest Science & Technology Current Affairs 2019.
Malware detection and isolation in NPCIL System
October 30, 2019
According to the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), the malware was recognized in the state-run Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) framework at Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KKNPP), Tamil Nadu. The issue was passed on to the DAE by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) on 4 September 2019 and was promptly researched by DAE authorities.
- The distinguishing proof of malware in the NPCIL framework was right yet the influenced framework was not associated with plant framework.
- Therefore NPCIL plant frameworks are not influenced and systems are by and large constantly checked.
- The DAE pros’ examination uncovered that contaminated PC had a place with a client who was associated in web associated system utilized for authoritative purposes and it is secluded from the basic inward system of the NPCIL framework.
- The systems are currently being constantly checked. The examination affirmed that the plant framework is not influenced.
Details of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KKNPP):
Location: 650km south of Chennai, in Tirunelveli District, Tamil Nadu.
Developed By: Nuclear Power Corporation of India (NPCIL)
Equipment Supplier: Atomstroyexport
No.of nuclear reactors: 22
The capacity of the nuclear reactors: 6,780 MW
14 small satellites are to be launched by ISRO
October 27, 2019
In the next 2 months, ISRO will dispatch 14 little remote satellites in its next three PSLVs (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicles). The tasks are to be executed by November and December.
Features of Small Satellite:
- The payloads are to be propelled in three PSLV flights to be specific PSLV-C47, PSLV-C48, PSLV-C49.
- The Indian payload Cartosat-3 will be the essential payload of PSLV-C47. The Cartosat satellites are a progression of Indian earth observation satellites manufactured and worked by ISRO. The Cartosat-3 is a remote detecting satellite.
- So far ISRO has propelled 300 little satellites to low earth circles for outside clients.
- The little satellites are scaled-down satellites, smaller-scale satellites, and nano-satellites.
- ISRO’s Nano-satellites- have the capacity to convey up to 3 kg.
The little satellites weigh around 500 kg. These satellites lessen the huge financial expenses of dispatch vehicles. They are of lower cost, progressively visit, faster and offer more extensive access to space. They are basically utilized for correspondence, research, meteorology, and protection.
Agri waste to be used to develop Bio Bricks
October 26, 2019
The specialists from IIT Hyderabad and School of Architecture, Bhubaneswar have created bio-blocks from agrarian waste. The item fills double needs of improvement of eco-accommodating reasonable material and furthermore squander the board.
- The Bagasse from farming waste is slashed to wanted size.
- A lime-based slurry is readied.
- The cleaved agro-squander is added to the slurry and blended completely utilizing a blender to frame a homogenous blend.
- The blend is then filled the molds.
- The molds are then smashed with wooden squares to make reduced blocks.
- The blocks accomplish quality following a month of air drying.
The blocks are produced using agro-squander like wheat straw, paddy straw, sugarcane bagasse, and cotton plant. Bio-blocks are more feasible than earth blocks. They additionally go about as carbon sinks as they fix more carbon dioxide than they produce during their lifecycle. The blocks additionally give great protection to warmth and sound They help in keeping up the stickiness of structures and make the house increasingly appropriate for hot-sticky atmospheres.
Golf cart-sized Rover launched on Moon by NASA to search for water
October 25, 2019
NASA sends a golf truck measured robot to the moon in 2022 to look for stores of water underneath the surface, a push to assess the imperative asset in front of an arranged human comes back to the moon in 2024.
- VIPER represents Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover.
- The rover’s required to land on the moon’s south polar district in December 2022, conveying four instruments to test lunar soil for hints of hydrogen and oxygen the basic parts of water that can be isolated and combined into fuel for an arranged armada of business lunar dispatch vehicles.
- NASA is kickstarting its Artemis program, a quickened crucial set individuals back on the moon just because since the 1970s to prepare and demonstrate advancements that would later be sent on a Mars strategic.
- Researchers have peered toward lunar water as a basic asset for empowering long-span space traveler missions on the moon, however its structure and accurate sum are obscure.
- NASA slammed a rocket into the moon’s south post in 2009 to affirm hints of lunar water ice in the tuft of residue kicked up upon sway.
The VIPER robot will travel for miles (km) on the dusty lunar surface to get a more critical take a gander at what NASA head Jim Bridenstine has touted for quite a long time underground pockets of a huge number of huge amounts of water ice that could help transform the moon into a bouncing off point to Mars.
Huge Observatory to be constructed by China to examine the origin of the cosmic rays
October 24, 2019
Cosmic Rays are the rays that fall on the earth’s surface from outer space.The Cosmic rays carry a source of information about the origin of the universe and evolution and are used for applications outside astronomy.
- A team of scientists found a void using cosmic rays. Now the scientists of China are planning to construct a huge station for cosmic ray observation that is matched to 200 soccer fields in Sichuan province.
- This huge observatory is stationed about 4,400 meters above sea level. The name of the observatory is “Large High-Altitude Air Shower Observatory” (LHAASO) and is estimated to complete by 2020.
- The main target of this observatory is to study the origin of cosmic rays, their acceleration, transmission mechanism, etc.
- This project involves research teams from Australia and Thailand. At the construction rocks from Ice Age were blasted.
Detectors are used under the three huge underground pools more than triple the size of Aquatic centers. High energy photons released by the remote celestial bodies are detected by these detectors. Almost 12 telescopes are to be used for the measurement of cosmic rays to conduct high-precision.
A New form of plutonium discovered by scientists
October 23, 2019
Flash news! A new and stable form of plutonium is discovered by the scientist’s team from Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR). Plutonium- radioactive chemical element is an actinide metal of silvery-gray appearance and tarnishes when exposed to air. It also forms a dull coating when oxidized. It is very difficult to transport, store, and dispose of this unstable chemical element. And hence scientists of different universities are finding new ways to tackle these problems. Recently, Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR team has made an observation by dissolving the Plutonium (VI) in water. In the transition into plutonium dioxide it is noted that the Pu (VI) passed through pentavalent plutonium (V) which is a transient phase – means solid and stable. The new elements- Pu (V) was confirmed by the researchers tested it in the Rossendorf Beamline (ROBL). ROBL is an x-ray absorption spectrometer that can study the energy of radioactive elements by exposing them to x-rays, then measuring their fluorescence.
OmniVision develops the smallest image sensor and gets into Guinness World Record
October 22, 2019
- An image sensor is a device that detects and conveys information used to make an image.
- It converts the variable attenuation of light waves into signals, small bursts.
- OmniVision is an advanced digital imaging solution that has developed a commercial image sensor and owns the Guinness World Record.
- It is reported that the size of the smallest image sensor is about half a millimeter square with 0.65mm x 0.65mm camera module size.
- Problems faced by reusable medical imaging equipment can also be solved by this device.
- For disposable guidewires, catheters, and endoscopes this small image sensor can provide a high-quality solution.
- This device will be the perfect solution for the issues faced during neuro, ENT, cardiac, spinal, and gynecology procedures done in the body.
- For excellent image quality, better low-light performance, and improved sensitivity this smallest image sensor developed by OmniVision is a perfect option.
An advanced catalyst to transform CO2 released from cars into natural gas
October 22, 2019
Engineers and Researchers from Stanford University in the US have found a new catalyst that can help in turning carbon dioxide (CO2) from car exhaust pipes into fuels like natural gas or propane.
- Ruthenium and iron oxide nanoparticles are used by the engineers to form this new catalyst.
- The ruthenium chunks are settled at the core of the catalyst enclosed by an outer shield of iron.
- This package stimulates the hydrocarbon formation from Carbon-Dioxide.
- This catalyst is a lab-based prototype and is expected to produce sufficient amounts of fuel.
As a further step, the scientists will be trying to reduce harmful byproducts such as the toxic pollutant carbon monoxide from the reactions. The team is also making efforts to make other beneficial products other than fuels like olefins. olefins are used in a number of industrial applications and manufacturing of plastics.
A new generation of commercial Rockets unveiled by China
October 21, 2019
China dives ahead to compete with India by unveiling a new generation of commercial carrier rockets. To draw the attention of the global space launch market, China took this step. In this new generation of commercial rockets, a Tenglong liquid-propellant rocket was disclosed by China.
- This liquid-propellant rocket is a commercial space wing of China’s leading rocket-maker called China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology.
- Smart Dragon and Tenglong rockets are unveiled by China Academy. They can carry a payload of 1.5 tonnes.
- This new rocket series of China contains a cluster of solid-fuelled rockets code labeled as Smart Dragon (SD) family.
- These rockets are constructed to meet the potential of domestic and global commercial space launches.
In 2021, Tenglong rocket may take its first flight to meet the increasing market demand for sending commercial payloads into orbit both at home and abroad. The Smart Dragon rocket family is built with SD-1, SD-2, and SD-3 launch vehicles. SD-1, the first model of the SD family made its first flight on 17th August 2019 and can carry a capacity of 200 kg. It is expected to carry out 20 launch missions annually.
NASA’s First all-women spacewalk outside the International Space Station (ISS)
October 18, 2019
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is a Government agency of the US that takes the responsibility of science and technology related to air and space. In more than half a century of space exploration, for the first time, two women astronauts walked in space together.
- Two NASA astronauts- Jessica Meir and Christina Koch dared outside the International Space Station (ISS) for first-ever all women spacewalk.
- It is reported that Christina Koch had already achieved four spacewalks whereas for Jessica Meir it was the first mission. Now Jessica Meir became the 15th woman to walk in space.
- For replacing the failed power control unit and battery charge-discharge unit (BCDU), they have almost spent seven hours outside the ISS.
- NASA planned to have a female spacewalk in March 2019.
But was canceled after astronaut Anne McClain detected some issues with her spacesuit because of which astronaut Nick Hague went in her place. The first woman spacewalk took place on 25 July 1984 by Russian Svetlana Savitskaya. She recorded a time of 3 hours, 35 minutes outside the USSR’s Salyut 7 space station.
Two robots Champa & Chameli to serve customers in a restaurant of Odisha
October 17, 2019
Bhubaneswar in Odisha is a city known for its woven ikat fabrics and is known as the temple city of India. And now it also becomes famous for the first Robotic restaurant. Recently, a restaurant was opened in Bhubaneswar claiming to be the first eatery in eastern India who introduced robots to serve food for the customers. The robots are named as Champa and Chameli and are manufactured in India only. Robo Chef a restaurant in the Chandrasekharpur owned by Jeet Basa had two humanoid robots to served food to the waiting customers in the evening. Jeet Basa is a civil engineer by qualification but on his visit to the US, he was inspired by the creative idea of providing services by robots. In India, we have restaurants where robots are serving customers. But probably, Robo Chef is the only restaurant with no particular track for them and can move on in any uniform surface. The two robots that we have are wholly manufactured in India, unlike other restaurants where they are imported from China.
ISRO develops Reusable Launch Vehicles to land in Karnataka
October 16, 2019
- The Indian Space Agency, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) develops and delivers application-related satellite products and tools to the nation like broadcasts, weather forecasts, etc.
- ISRO has now come up with a space program called Reusable Launch Vehicles (RLV).
- In 2016, the Indian space agency tested RLV over water. The RLV program focuses on how to reduce the launch costs by reusing the spacecraft.
- Reusable Launch Vehicles (RLV) 2.2 km runway as the test range and will be dropped from a helicopter.
- Hypersonic flight, Autonomous landing, Powered Cruise flight, Hypersonic Flight with air are the major aspects of RLV need to be tested.
- Challakere in Chitradurga district in Karnataka is where the landing of RLV tested. ISRO mentioned that there are two stages in the recovery process. The first stage is the same as SpaceX’s Falcon 9 booster whereas the second stage is an advanced version of the RLV test used in 2016.
New TB drug to be launched by DCGI and Mylan
October 15, 2019
Good news!! Mylan, a multinational pharmaceutical company in collaboration with the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) in launching Pretomanid.This collaboration was made in the month of April 2019. Pretomanid is a medicine that is used to treat drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB). Tuberculosis (TB) is one of the top 10 causes of death in the world and thus leading to an infectious killer-disease. Pretomanid drug manufacturing company got its approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This is the third new anti-TB drug to get approval in more than 40 years which is developed and registered by a not-for-profit organization. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s expected vision for getting rid of tuberculosis is by 2025.
New Website and Mobile App for IPR is launched by DPIIT
October 14, 2019
A new website and mobile application with the name Learn to Protect, Secure, and Maximize Your Innovation (L2Pro) is launched by Secretary Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)- Guruprasad Mohapatra on 14 October 2019.
Details of L2Pro India:
- DPIIT’s Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) developed L2Pro with the help of Qualcomm and National Law University (NLU), Delhi.
- Useful to the startup communities in India as they are more tuned into investment and risk-taking.
- This e-learning platform will enable and benefit youth, innovators, entrepreneurs, and small and medium industries (SMEs). It helps them to understand ownership, protection, integrate IP into business models of their IPRs.
- L2Pro will ensure that innovation, fundamentals of startups communities are protected, managed, and commercialized.
Faces of the Indus Valley people developed by scientists
October 13, 2019
A multi-disciplinary group of 15 researchers and scholastics from six unique organizations of South Korea, UK, and India have created an exact facial portrayal of the Indus Valley Civilisation individuals. They reproduced the essences of 2 of the 37 people who were discovered covered at the 4,500 year-old Rakhigarhi burial ground.
Use of CFR Technology Method:
- The researchers applied the craniofacial remaking (CFR) method utilizing registered tomography (CT) information of 2 of the Rakhigarhi skulls and reproduced their appearances.
- The CFR innovation produced appearances of the two Rakhigarhi skulls, accordingly, is a significant leap forward.
- The 3-D video portrayal of the essences of the two people seemed to have Caucasian highlights with peddle molded and Roman noses.
The anthropological information that is given by the skeletons of the Indus Valley individuals still missed the mark to reproduce the morphology of the Indus Valley individuals. Until now, there has been no record of how the Indus Valley individuals looked. It was hard to set up the physical appearance as the Indus Valley graveyards and graves have not been examined adequately to date.
ICON Space Weather Satellite launched by NASA to Study Earth’s Ionosphere
October 12, 2019
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) launches a new satellite called ICON to explore the mysterious, dynamic region where air meets space. The ICON satellite was dropped from a plane flying over the Atlantic off the Florida coast. This satellite studies the link between space weather and Earth weather.
Details of ICON (Ionospheric Connection Explorer):
- An American global aerospace and defense technology company- Northrop Grumman has built this satellite.
- After 5 seconds of satellite’s release, the Pegasus rocket attached gets ignited and will send Icon on its way.
- It then studies the airglow formed by the gases in the ionosphere and measures the charged environment at around the 580-kilometer-high (360-mile-high) spacecraft.
Icon, a refrigerator-size satellite should have launched in 2017, but due to some problems with air-launched Pegasus rocket, there has been a delay. According to NASA, despite the long delay, this mission did not exceed its budget (252 million). In 2018, GOLD- a satellite to study the upper atmosphere was launched. NASA also planned for many more missions to study the ionosphere, including from International Space Station (ISS) in the coming years.
POSHAN atlas to be introduced by the Indian Government
October 10, 2019
The Government of India decided to present POSHAN atlas under POSHAN Abhiyan, an assignment to guarantee the accomplishment of malnutrition free India by 2022. Union Minister of WCD- Smriti Irani made this announcement at the fifth National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges.
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Deendayal Research Institute in relationship with the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) created this POSHAN atlas.
- POSHAN atlas desires to handle lack of malnutrition- a healthy sustenance. The Government is building up the Atlas to print crops and food grains that are grown in various districts of the nation with the goal that nutritious protein-rich nourishment in neighborhoods be advanced.
- POSHAN Abhiyan centers to guarantee the nutrition of kids, women, and pregnant moms in devastated zones.
Centre launched PM innovative learning program DHRUV
October 10, 2019
DHRUV- a Pradhan Mantri innovative learning program launched in the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Bengaluru. 10 October 2019, Union Minister for Human Resources Development – Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank launched this DHRUV program. 60 qualified students who are understudies are chosen for this 14-day long program. Which starts on 10 October 2019 and will finish up on 24 October at IIT-Delhi.
- DHRUV is one kind of program that is planned to recognize skilled students who are understudies.
- The students will be tutored and focused for 14 days with the goal that they can arrive at their maximum capacity and work for society.
- The program will sharpen the innovative abilities, skills, and information of the students by probably giving answers for financial, political and ecological issues of the nation.
- Students of classes 9 to 12 from various government and private based schools are selected for the program.
- 30 students from the science club and 30 others from the Arts group will be chosen at last by the advisory group lead by the Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) with the Department of Science and Technology, Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and NCERT.
Launch of Satellites services spacecraft in space
October 9, 2019
Northrop Grumman Corporation- a US-based company has launched the first satellite to serve the Mission Extension Vehicle-1 (MEV-1) spacecraft successfully at Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. It was launched using a Russian Proton rocket along with the Eutelsat 5 West B communications satellite.
What is the MEV-1 Mission?
The MEV-1 is a satellite service spacecraft. The best example to consider is Intelsat 901. MEV-1 will extend Intelsat 901, to utilize its direction engines to return it to a perfect objective circle. The mission plans to expand in a useful range of the 18-year-old satellite by 5 years. MEV-1 rocket itself has a 15-year helpful life. The rocket can dock and undock on numerous occasions. On the subsequent completion of the mission, the MEV-1 could support some other orbital satellite that is coming up short alone fuel supply.
UV telescope developed by Russia studies short flashes in Earth’s atmosphere
October 9, 2019
The Russian space agency has built up an UltraViolet telescope alongside international participation to study short flashes in Earth’s air. The telescope was conveyed to the ISS onboard the unmanned Soyuz MS-14 shuttle in August 2019. The logical hardware was mounted on ISS by the Russian cosmonaut Oleg Skripochka. The telescope was made by SINP MSU staff, MSU material science students in a joint effort with Tor Vergata University as a feature of the JEM-EUSO worldwide cooperation. The device’s optics and focal points were made in Italy and Japan and the electronic segments were made in Russia. The telescope was assembled at SINP MSU.
- The space investigation venture UV environment has started its work on ISS. It has gathered its first information on the size of in excess of 13 gigabytes.
- The information was given by the ISS Mission Control Center. It has been moved to Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics of Lomonosov Moscow State University (SINP MSU) analysts and the Extreme Universe Space Observatory locally available Japanese Experiment Module (JEM-EUSO) to process and examine it.
Discovery of New Antibiotic in Mexican forests
October 9, 2019
It is observed that the properties of newly founded antibiotics have explicit applications in the agriculture field and the medical field. This new antibiotic is named as “phazolicin” and was hidden in the tropical region of Mexico. The root knobs of wild beans are the place where it is found. It is fixed in the knobs by the harmonious soil bacterium and is a peptide. These peptides can stick to the ribosomes of the microorganisms and will responsible for disturbing the protein union.
Advantageous Soil Bacterium
- The most inadequate supplement in the soil is Nitrogen. The plants can’t use nitrogen straightforwardly from the environment. In all the cases, Nitrogen is the basic supplement for their growth and development. Nitrates are absorbed by the plants from the soil.
- The Symbiotic Soil Bacterium contaminates the roots of leguminous plants and produces nodules. These nodules, then fix nitrogen from the air as nitrates and nitrites. Nitrates and nitrites are the assimilate capable type of nitrogen for plants. The microorganisms thusly get nourishment and safe house from the plant.
Saturn discovered 20 new moons
October 7, 2019
Saturn- a planet of the solar system has found 20 new moons on 8th October 2019. On adding these 20 new moons, Saturn has now a total of 82 moons. Saturn is the planet that has the highest no.of moons of any planet in the solar system. And the second place is occupied by Jupiter with 79 moons. These discovered moons are relatively small in size. The discovery was executed at the Subaru telescope set up atop Hawaii’s Mauna Kea volcano. Sheppard along with his team of astronomers founded these moons. Out of 82 moons, 17 moons are in the opposite direction of orbit. It also almost takes three years to finish their orbit. The newly founded moons belong to the Norse group. The Saturn’s Norse gathering of moons is retrograde unpredictable satellites. Each of the 20 discovered moons is unique and different from other moons of the solar system. Their angle of inclination will be from 136 degrees and 175 degrees. These moons look like bunches shaped from various parent bodies that Saturn caught. Different moons have a place in the Gallic group. Prograde moons take under 2 years to finish their circle or orbit in the same direction of Saturn.
Power Upgrade Spacewalks by US Astronauts
October 6, 2019
On 6th October 2019, two NASA astronauts have completed the first of five spacewalks to upgrade the station’s power systems this month. Replacing the nickel-hydrogen batteries with newer and more powerful lithium-ion batteries on the far end of the station’s port truss is the main aim of these spacewalks.
- These new batteries improve the power capacity for operations with a lighter mass and a smaller volume than the nickel-hydrogen batteries.
- Astronauts Christina Koch and Andrew Morgan of NASA were the Expeditions 61 Flight Engineers completed spacewalk at 2.40 pm EDT on Sunday spending time of about seven-hour and one-minute in space.
- The astronauts also implemented future tasks like the removal of an additional nickel-hydrogen battery. This task was originally planned for the second spacewalk.
- Morgan and Koch are again decided as a team for another spacewalk to replace batteries on the two power channels for the station’s far port truss.
- On October 16, 21 and 25 are the scheduled dates of spacewalks for the next series of battery replacement.
After completing the Power upgrade Spacewalks, the second half of the spacewalks sequence. It mainly focuses on the space station’s Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer repairs. Dates for the second half of spacewalks are still not declared but may start from November. Till now a total of 219 spacewalks have been conducted to support the assembly and maintenance of the orbiting laboratory.
Smart-Engineer tool for EV motor developed by IIT Guwahati students
October 5, 2019
To advance the boring Electric Vehicles (EVs) on the Indian roads, the Indian Institute of Technology-Guwahati (IIT-G) Created an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-assisted engineering system design tool called Smart-Engineer. This tool helps the design engineer to design motor for EV application
Rajendra Kumar, Bikash Sah, Ankit Vishway, and Rajendra Kumar- students of Ph.D and Masters worked together to develop this Smart-Engineer.
Details of Smart-Engineer Tool:
- Smart-Engineer was developed by the e-mobility lab (EML) at IIT Guwahati.
- This tool helps the design engineer to design a motor for EV application.
- To address the lack of trained human resources in engineering design and system integration. It is one of the primary hurdles in indigenizing the electric vehicle (EV) technology.
- Fresh engineers can grab the knowledge and wisdom of the experts.
- With the help of the Smart-Engineer tool, the other domains of EV such as power electronics, control systems, battery management systems among others can also be addressed.
Charged particles and variations on Moon are detected by Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter
October 4, 2019
Chandrayaan 2’s Orbiter in its initial days of perception, recognized charged particles, and power varieties or charged particles, the Indian Space Research Organization
- Chandrayaan-2 is intended to identify direct marks of components present in the lunar soil with the help of the CLASS instrument.
- The Sun gives a rich source of x-rays to light up the lunar surface. The secondary x-rays coming can be identified by CLASS to legitimately identify the nearness of key components like Na, Ca, Al, Si, Ti, and Fe.
- The streak photography expects one to anticipate a helpful time for Sun to be dynamic.
- CLASS in its initial days of perception could recognize charged particles and its force varieties during its first entry through the geotail during September
The Sun produces a continuous outflowing of electrons and protons into the close planetary system, called the solar wind. The sun wind plasma has charged particles inserted in the extended magnetic field of the Sun, moves at rates of two or three hundred km for every second.
After 128 Earth orbits, UAE astronaut returned safely from ISS
October 3, 2019
NASA space traveler Nick Hague along with Soyuz Commander Alexey Ovchinin of the Russian space office Roscosmos and visiting space explorer Hazzaa Ali Almansoori from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) came back safely to Earth after eight-days stay on 4 October 2019.
- On 14 March Hague and Ovchinin alongside NASA space traveler Christina Koch began their central goal to ISS.
- Later towards the end of the mission, Ali Almansoori joined them.
- He was the first astronaut to visit the International Space Station from the United Arab Emirates.
- The team landed securely in Kazakhstan.
The Expedition 60 group led several tests in science, biotechnology, physical science, and Earth science, including examinations concerning gadgets that copy the structure and capacity of human organs, free-flying robots, and an instrument to gauge Earth’s dissemination of carbon dioxide.
World’s Strongest silver created by Vermont University scientists
October 2, 2019
Researchers from Vermont University have made the strongest silver at any point. This new metal that the team created is 42% stronger than the past world record. A mind-boggling method has been utilized to make solid metal.
- A new method at the nanoscale level was utilized to make metals that are a lot of capacity than anything at any point made previously.
- The more grounded metals still keep up their electrical conductivity. In any case, when it is made stronger with the blend of amalgam, the metal loses conductivity.
- The deformities of the silver have bothersome characteristics like weakness or relaxing.
- The group blended a follow measure of copper into the silver and changed the two sorts of inborn nanoscale surrenders into an amazing inward structure.
- The team with the presentation of another procedure kept up both the quality of the metal and look after conductivity.
World’s first satellite dispatch by Soviet drove the US to create NASA
October 1, 2019
The Soviet Union dropped the world’s first counterfeit satellite Sputnik I in October 1957. The US-Soviet Cold War, Sputnik’s dispatch straightforwardly prompted the establishment of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) . The Weight of the Sputnik is 83.6 kg, the 58-cm-wide satellite transmitted sign for 21 days before losing rate and wrecking in the climate in 92 days. The historical backdrop of Soviet Russia and the Soviet Union mirrors a time of progress for both Russia and the world. The terms Soviet Russia and Soviet Union frequently are synonymous in the regular discourse, The establishments of the Soviet Union, Soviet Russia appropriately alludes to a couple of years between the October Revolution of 1917 and the production of the Soviet Union in 1922.
Digital database of wetlands is to be generated through the Mobile app
September 30, 2019
A versatile mobile application has been created to gather total datasets on smaller wetlands over the coastal belt of the country. Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) requested the Space Applications Center of Indian Space Research to develop this application.
- The versatile app is focused to create a centralized digital database of the smaller wetlands (2.2 ha or beneath) all over the nation.
- wetlands spread a territory of in excess of five lakh hectares the nation over, while Kerala has 2,592 littler wetlands.
- The application will be utilized to gather field-level information of the wetlands that incorporate geospatial profile, size, water and soil quality, cultivated species, contamination status, illicit development, and biodiversity specialties.
- The idea is to incorporate field-level local wetland information to geospatial datasets in order to empower the exhaustive checking framework in the wake of environmental change and wetland vulnerabilities.
- The application could turn into a distinct advantage in making wetlands strength by overcoming any issues among satellite and ground information.
- The consistent observing will help give town level continuous warnings for water ranchers and alarms on climatic marvel later on.
A computerized basic stage on the wellbeing status of wetlands of the nation could without much of a stretch help see such defenseless locales, was included. The activity of observing the wetlands is completed by the National Innovations in Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA) venture wing of the CMFRI.
13-Billion-Year-Old Protocluster Galaxy Discovered by Astronomers
September 29, 2019
Space experts have found a 13-billion-year-old galaxy cluster that is the most punctual at any point watched. The beginning period cluster called a protocluster is a bit difficult to discover Yuichi Harikane, a specialist at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan who drove the universal group.
- A protocluster is an uncommon and exceptional framework with a very high density.
- The analysts utilized the wide review field of the Subaru telescope in Hawaii to delineate the enormous region of the sky in their pursuit.
- The disclosure of the protocluster, an accumulation of 12 worlds, recommends that huge enormous structures were available in the beginning periods of the universe which researchers accept was brought into the world 13.8 billion years prior.
- The 12 cosmic systems are known as Himiko, a goliath gas cloud found in 2009 by utilizing the equivalent telescope. It is sensible to discover a protocluster almost an enormous item, for example, Himiko.
The Himiko was situated on the edge of 500 million light-years from the center. It is as yet not comprehended why Himiko isn’t situated in the center. These results will be key to understanding the connection between groups and monstrous worlds.
High-resolution images of Chandrayaan 2 landing site are released by NASA
September 27, 2019
The United States chief space office NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Chandrayaan-2’s Vikram lander had a hard arriving on the Moon’s surface. While discharging high-resolution pictures captured by its Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera (LROC) during a lunar flyby.
- The Vikram lander tried for a delicate arriving on a small patch of lunar smooth fields between Simpelius N and Manzinus C holes on September 7 contact with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- The team confirms the exact area of the spacecraft. The pictures caught by LROC don’t pinpoint Chandrayaan 2 Vikram lander’s area yet it is conceivable that it is sheltered away in shadow.
- The LRO disregarded the arrival site on September 17 and gained a lot of high-goals pictures of the region; so far the LROC group has not had the option to find or picture the lander.
- India’s first endeavor at a delicate arriving on the Moon. The site was situated around 600 kilometers from the south pole in a moderately old landscape.
President of India launches the First Indigenous High-Temperature Fuel Cell System
September 26, 2019
The President of India Ram Nath Kovind launched the primary Indigenous High-Temperature Fuel Cell System t Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on the event of 78th Foundation Day CSIR. It was created by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) under the New Millennium Indian Technology Leadership Initiative (NMITLI).
Details of High-Temperature Fuel Cell System:
- Under the guidance of India’s leader program ‘New Millennium Indian Technology Leadership Initiative (NMITLI)’ the system was developed
- It has been created by CSIR in association with Indian ventures. This makes it a special case of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) among CSIR’s three Laboratories-(CSIR-NCL, Pune; CSIR-NPL, New Delhi; CSIR-CECRI, Karaikudi (Chennai Center)) and two Indian enterprises to be specific, M/s Thermax Limited (Pune) and M/s Reliance Industries Limited (Mumbai).
Details of Capacity:
The 5.0 kW energy unit framework produces control in a greenway. It utilizes methanol or bio-methane, with warmth and water as bi-items for further use. This further adds up to over 70% productivity, which generally may not be conceivable by other vitality sources. Energy units created depend on High-Temperature Proton Exchange Membrane (HTPEM) Technology.
A 17-year-old Indian student’s satellite is launched successfully by NASA
September 25, 2019
Aabhaas Sikka, a 17-year-old understudy made a small satellite named RamanSat 2. This satellite was successfully launched by NASA. The satellite was created by Sikka, during his internship in SPACE-India is of which estimates 4 cm x 4 cm x 4 cm. SPACE-India is an association working for the cosmology, space training, and innovation fields. SPACE-India gives the fundamental preparing and direction to youthful trendsetters. The RamanSat 2 satellite contains balloon carrying and is launched from NASA’s Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility in New Mexico, USA, on Monday night and reached a height of 38 km. Sachin Bahmba, Founder and CMD of SPACE Group, assisted in the development of RamanSat 2 along with the organization’s research group. This small satellite conveys cutting edge hardware which quantifies the radiation from the sun and space. The analysis means to make an investigation of a room more secure for people and satellites. By 2022, India is planning to send space travelers into space in its first human space flight.
Centre launched 2 mobile apps for farmers
September 24, 2019
Two portable mobile Apps for the farmers are launched by Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. The names of the mobile apps are CHC Farm Machinery and Krishi Kisan App for Geo Tagging. These apps will give access to high value and technical agricultural equipment at their doorstep.
Details about the CHC Farm Machinery App:
- The CHC Farm Machinery app is accessible to customers service providers for enrolling and transferring with geo-reference photos of rural machines custom help focuses and photos of hardware accessible in it.
- The small and marginal farmers can get high worth and specialized agricultural equipment which will encourage the ideal utilization of a wide range of data sources utilizing these cultivating machines.
- It is normal that it will take automation to most extreme ranch possessions in a brief span outline. Downloaded the app on any android phone from Google Play Store.
- This application will interface the ranchers with Custom Hiring Service Centers in their general vicinity.
Details of Krishi Kisan App:
- The Krishi Kisan App will give the ranchers the data of the best exhibit of high-yielding harvests and seeds in their close-by zone.
- Any farmer with a high caliber of harvests will have the option to use this stage to show the best practices of development to different farmers, so this will help different ranchers additionally to receive these strategies.
- The App will likewise help in geo-labeling and geo-fencing of yield and give climate conjecture messages to farmers.
- Each farmer can use these administrations for the advancement of their development strategies and in this way guaranteeing higher agrarian efficiency.
World’s Biggest Transport SpaceShip is launched by Japan
September 24, 2019
Japan propelled an unmanned spacecraft towards the ISS following a fire early this month. With the help of cargo vessel Kounotori8, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, the H-2B rocket was carried out at 1:05 am. At the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency’s Tanegashima Space Center in southwestern Japan, the launch of the H-2B rocket took place. Open supporter NHK referred to Mitsubishi Heavy as saying the fire was likely touched off by electricity produced via friction created when fluid oxygen from the rocket came into contact with heat-safe material on the launchpad. The material was secured with aluminum sheets to avoid a repeat. Kounotori8 significance white stork in Japanese expects to convey about 5.3 huge amounts of provisions to space explorers at the ISS, including crisp nourishment and water just as batteries and gadgets required for tests.
Mission Gaganyaan- ISRO’s Next Priority
September 21, 2019
K Sivan- Chief of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) declared that the Chandrayaan-2 has accomplished 98% of its goals. Even though the location of the lander Vikram is found but communication couldn’t be set up. The Space Agency affirmed that the lander is perfect as a single piece and is not broken into pieces. Chandrayaan-2 aimed at science and innovation exhibit which was nearly accomplished completely. Lunar strategic India’s first endeavor at finding a rocket on the moon.
Gaganyaan Mission 2022:
ISRO has declared its next crucial mission Gaganyaan. The most enthusiastic mission has been booked to be launch in 2022. Gaganyaan’s targets to send astronauts to space and get them back to earth securely.
AI Research Lab to be launched by Google in Bengaluru
September 19, 2019
Google Pay has developed more than 67 million active clients with exchanges worth over $110 billion on an annual premise over offline and online merchants. The 66% of the exchanges are originating from level II and – III urban communities and towns. Google Pay contends with players like Paytm and PhonePe. Now it is presenting the Spot stage platform that will empower vendors to make marked business experiences and arrive at new clients.
- Google as of now onboarded vendors like UrbanClap, Goibibo, MakeMyTrip, RedBus, Eat.Fit and Oven Story through its initial access program.
- Google Pay is likewise turning out tokenized cards in the following not many weeks to offer a protected method for paying for things utilizing an advanced token on the telephone as opposed to the real card number.
- This is a free application for little and medium-sized traders to empower advanced installments where the confirmation procedure is completed remotely. The huge development in advanced installments, a larger part of India’s more than 60 million independent companies is still not profiting by the becoming computerized economy. Google propelled Jobs as a Spot on Google Pay to help work searchers find and get ready for section level positions.
- He is collaborating with the National Skills Development Corporation for its Skill India program.
- The joining forces state-run BSNL to carry rapid open WiFi to towns in Gujarat, Bihar and Maharashtra.
- Vodafone Idea for ‘Vodafone-Idea Phone Line’ to empower 2G clients of the telecom major gain admittance to data without utilizing information.
- The administration, bolstered by Google Assistant will be accessible in Hindi and English.
- The clients can call a sans toll number to find solutions to questions running from sports scores to traffic conditions or in any event, finding support with schoolwork.
New technologies to provide for human-centric systems by ISRO and DRDO
September 17, 2019
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) held hands with the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) for the advancement of human-driven frameworks for the Human Space Mission to exhibit its human space flight abilities. An appointment of ISRO researchers drove by Director, Human Space Flight Center (HSFC) Dr. S Unnikrishnan Nair marked a lot of MoUs with different DRDO labs. To give innovations to human driven frameworks and advancements explicit to the Human Space Mission.
Need of Technologies:
- The mechanical capacities existing in DRDO labs for protection applications will be redone to meet the necessities of the human space strategic ISRO.
- ISRO for the human space flight and customization of the necessary advances previously been started to meet the stringent courses of events. ISRO intends to exhibit human spaceflight capacity before the 75th commemoration of India’s freedom in 2022.
- The basic innovations to be given by DRDO to ISRO incorporate space nourishment, space group wellbeing checking and crisis endurance pack, radiation estimation, and security, parachutes for the sheltered recuperation of the team module and others.
- The ISRO prescriptions incorporate space nourishment, space group wellbeing checking and crisis endurance pack, radiation estimation, and assurance, parachutes for safe recuperation of the team module and others.
Survey of India to place 300 drones for mapping country
September 16, 2019
Study of India (SoI), the most established logical division of nation will just because depend on automatons to delineate nation. SoI which is India’s National Survey and Mapping Organization is accountable for mapping and looking over the whole nation. SoI is affiliated to the Department of Science and Technology (DST). At present the best SoI maps have goals of 1:250000 (for example 1 cm on the guide speaks to 2500 cm on the ground), be that as it may, new maps under the task will have 1:500 goals (for example 1 cm on guide will speak to 500 cm).
- To give great high-goals establishment maps. Additionally, High-goals maps will encourage the digitization of land titles in towns.
- To delineate India’s topography (about 2.4 million sq km of 3.2 million sq km) inside the next two years.
- To satisfy the above target the association expects to obtain around 300 automatons thus far around 30 have been sourced for the uber workout.
- As an antecedent to attempt such automaton based mapping works out, the Survey of India has consented to arrangements with regions in Haryana (6), Karnataka (2) and Maharashtra (2).
- Each square kilometer mapped by automatons will be epitomized in 2500 pictures and subsequently be a store of advanced information.
Launch of Maritime Communication Services in India
September 14, 2019
Maritime Communication Services offer broadband administrations to help those going adrift at sea was launched at Mumbai, Maharashtra. Alongside Maritime Communication Services, an online interface for detailing taken mobiles to help follow them was likewise launched. This entrance is under a venture called Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) framework, which has been attempted by Department of Telecom for tending to security, robbery and different concerns including reinventing of portable handsets.
- Sea availability will offer broadband administrations to empower top of the line backing to those going on cruising vessels, luxury ships and ships in India by giving access to voice, information and video administrations to cruising vessels, luxury ships and beachfront vessels utilizing satellite.
- Nelco Ltd which is India’s driving VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) arranges suppliers will give quality broadband administrations to sea division. VSAT innovation offers a satellite web association all inclusive.
- Nelco is the principal Indian organization to offer correspondence administrations to the sea area in Indian waters. Nelco has a permit from the government for IFMC (in-flight and sea availability) that permits to offer voice and internet providers while flying over Indian skies and cruising in Indian waters, both for Indian se well as worldwide airship and vessels.
- Nelco, a Tata Group organization through worldwide associations, foundation including transponder limit on satellite of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) and a far reaching administration portfolio plans to support vitality, load, and journey vessels by empowering client administrations.
More Akash missiles to be delivered by Bharat Electronics Limited to Indian Air Force
September 13, 2019
State-run Bharat Electronics Ltd marked an agreement with the Ministry of Defense (MoD) in New Delhi. The principle point is to convey its surface-to-air Akash rocket frameworks to seven additional squadrons of the Indian Air Force. They are at an expense of Rs 5,357 crore throughout the following three years. The agreement with authority foundation, the frameworks will be authorized in three years at seven Air Force bases the nation over.
Bharat Electronics Limited is an Indian state-claimed guard organization with nine production lines and scarcely any provincial workplaces in India. It is claimed by the Indian Government and basically makes progressed electronic items for the Indian Armed Forces.
- The agreement with the master foundation, the frameworks will be charged in three years at seven Air Force bases the nation over.
- The organization provided the medium-run rocket guard framework to six Air Force squadrons in 2015-16 against a prior request by the MoD.
- The rockets are planned and created by the state-run Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and delivered by the Hyderabad-based Bharat Dynamics.
Colour changing smart skin introduced by Scientists
September 11, 2019
Researchers of photonic gems & crystals have made an adaptable smart skin that can change shading like a chameleon. The shading will change according to the atmosphere without evolving shape.
Chameleons: Chameleons can change shading using the photonic gems and crystals in the skin. At the point when the chameleon is loose or tense the muscles, it mirrors the light. This outcome has communicated as a difference in shading
- The smart skin is delicate and buckles in the wake of being presented to fluctuating temperatures.
- The scientists made it by contemplating time-slip by recordings of chameleon’s stage moving skin.
- This is accomplished by implanting photonic precious stone clusters into adaptable, water-containing polymers.
- The shading change was accomplished by growing or getting the hydrogel that changed the dispersing in the clusters.
The smart skin has different applications like the cover, flagging, and hostile to contradict. MIT’s colour changing ink allows the clients to change the shades and colours of their shoes, vehicles, and etc.
Vikram Lander is tilted and not broken
September 9, 2019
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) confirmed that the Lander is tilted and not broken. ISRO is attempting to restore contact with the Vikram lander. The lunar test made a hard landing during its final lying on the moon on 7 September. ISRO also said that the Chandrayaan-2 has accomplished 90-95% of its destinations. The information generated in this manner would be valuable for the worldwide academic network.
Vikram Lander Status:
- Chandrayaan-2 orbiter has captured Vikram lander in a tilted position near the expected landing spot.
- It is expected that hard landing may have damaged the Vikram’s correspondences hardware.
- ISRO, as of now is checking for any holes in the comprehension of lunar air nearer to its surface. This information isn’t accessible in the open area and the space offices of Russia, the US, and China who have landed tests on the moon didn’t share this data.
- The status of Vikram’s solar panels is also not known. ISRO is yet to set up contact with the lander.
Location of Chandrayaan 2 Vikram Lander is identified on the moon
September 8, 2019
Breaking News!! Chandrayaan-2’s Lander module Vikram has been situated on the lunar surface. The location of the lander is given by the on-board camera of Chandrayaan-2 orbiter captured the image The picture also indicated that wanderer Pragyan is housed inside it. The Indian space organization additionally said that the information given is being examined. The camera of the orbiter is a high-resolution camera of about 0.3m in any lunar crucial far. It is normal that it will give high-goals pictures which will be monstrously valuable to the worldwide academic network. The orbiter has 8 payloads to outline the lunar surface and concentrate the external air of the Moon. The payloads of the Orbiter will lead to remote-detecting perceptions from a 100 km circle.
ISRO lost communication with Vikram lander before its landing
September 7, 2019
ISRO said that Chandrayaan-2’s, it’s lunar crucial, module Vikram lost its contact with the ground base and neglected to react on 7 September a ways off of 2.1km from the Moon’s surface. ISRO said that the underlying way was ordinary and keeping in mind that plummeting Vikram went quiet.
- Chandrayaan-2 was cleared by previous Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on September 18, 2008.
- Chandrayaan-2 was India’s attempted to delicate landing test on Moon just. In 2018, India has just done an orbiter mission Chandrayaan-1.
- At first, the task was to be a joint venture(JV) with Russia. Russian space organization Roscosmos should give the lander. But the joint venture did not work.
- In 2012, ISRO began the mission in solo.
- The space portion of Chandrayaan-2 incorporates an orbiter, a lander named Vikram, and a wanderer named Pragyan.
- The orbiter is relied upon to separate Vikram, the lander, on 7 September. In the wake of making an effective touchdown on the lunar surface, it will start its mission for water.
The Chandrayaan-2 shuttle weighs around 3.8 tons. The absolute assessed cost for the mission was Rs.978 crore, which is Rs.603 crore for the space portion and Rs.375 crore for the dispatch. Until now, Russia, the US, and China have effectively delicate arrived on the moon.
Mobile Science Exhibition started in Leh: First-ever SCIENCE EXPLORER
September 5, 2019
Association Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent charge), Prahlad Singh Patel flagged off Leh’s first since forever Mobile Science Exhibition (SCIENCE EXPLORER) of National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) for whole Ladakh Region. National dispatch of 25 new Mobile Science Exhibition transports for Aspirational Districts of India with a plan to make logical mindfulness among the country kids.
Details of Mobile Science Exhibition (MSE) program:
Foundation: Launched as Mobile Science Museum (MSM) in 1965
First MSE subject: ‘Our Familiar Electricity’ by Ramakrishna Mission Boys’ School, Narendrapur on 17 November 1965
First MSE bus: In 1966 from Birla Industrial and Technological Museum (in Kolkata)
It is the biggest and longest-running effort program of the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM). The transports will make a trip to schools in Aspirational Districts consistently (aside from during excursions). Each uniquely structured transport contains 20 intelligent shows and different showings identified with kids and rustic life. More Exhibition transports will be included in the coming years.
Chandrayaan 2 completed successive deorbiting maneuvers for a safe landing on Moon
September 4, 2019
India’s Chandrayaan-2 successfully completed two progressive de-circling moves. The second de-circling move was effectively finished on 4 September. It is presently all set to land on the moon whenever on September 7. The following action is the partition of the Vikram lander from the orbiter to arrangement lander appearance in the south polar territory of the moon. The Lunar Orbit Insertion (LOI) move which was completed now by ISRO isn’t new as Chandrayaan-1 strategic did the activity. Yet, the delicate arriving of Chandrayaan-2 will be an achievement for ISRO as it has never completed the mission earlier. Upon successful landing on the moon, the wanderer Pragyan will turn out from the lander on 7 September. It will complete examinations on the lunar surface for 14 days.
Successful isolation of Vikram lander from its orbiter
September 2, 2019
Good News from ISRO scientists!! Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) effectively separated lander Vikram isolated from the Chandrayaan-2 orbiter. Presently the Lander is ready for its delicate landing on Moon on 7 September.
- The lander has been planned to contact the lunar surface in 5 days from the partition.
- ISRO has been observing the behavior of the Lander and Orbiter from the Mission Operations Complex at ISRO Telemetry Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC) in Bengaluru along with Indian Deep Space Network (IDSN) radio wires at close by Bylalu.
- It revealed that the parameters of the Chandrayaan-2’s lander and orbiter are typical.
- Wanderer Pragyaan, a six-wheeled mechanical vehicle, will turn out from the lander after the delicate landing. It will do different tests on the lunar soil.
- The lander is relied upon to do two deorbit moves before it contacts the south polar district of the moon.
Two lunar bound orbit manoeuver are to be finished by Chandrayaan 2
September 1, 2019
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) effectively played out the fifth and the last lunar headed circle move for Chandrayaan-2 rocket on 1 September. The fifth lunar bound circle move was finished utilizing the installed impetus framework.
Details of Vikram Lander:
- After the last move, the Vikram lander will be separated from the rocket’s orbiter. Vikram lander is required to perform two deorbit move to get ready for its arrival in the south polar district of the moon.
- The first deorbit move is booked for 3 September and the circle around the moon is set at 109 km x 120 km.
- The second deorbit move is planned for September 4 and the circle around the moon is required to be accomplished at 36 km x 110 km.
- During deorbits movement, at that point, the Vikram lander would go a delicate landing on the south post of the moon on September 7.
The circle move takes around 52 seconds to finish. The circle was accomplished at 119 km x 127 km. ISRO also revealed that all rocket parameters are ordinary.