UPPSC PCS Exam Syllabus 2019: Get absolutely free of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Syllabus 2019 which we provided here to crack prelims and mains exam successfully. Every subject is having its own weightage asked in the examination. Candidates before appearing for the Aptitude Test have to prepare hard for this UPPSC Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2019 to get maximum qualifying scores in the Test. Not only Exam Syllabus, but also Paper Pattern is equally important to know the actual exam procedure of the examination.
Overview of UPPSC PCS Exam Syllabus 2019 & Exam Pattern
Hiring Organization: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
Job Designation: Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination PCS, Assistant Conservator of Forest, Range Forest Officer
Vacancy count: 364
Employment Type: Full – Time
Category Name: Syllabus
Application Mode: Online
Job Category: State Government Jobs
Salary Details: Rs. 9300 – 39100
Starting Date To Apply: 16th October 2019
Selection Process: Written Test (Prelims, Mains), Personal Interview
Job Location: Uttar Pradesh
Official Website: uppsc.up.nic.in
Last Date To Submit: 13th November 2019
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Exam Syllabus 2019 @ uppsc.up.nic.in
Are you eagerly searching out for this UPPSC Syllabus 2019 for Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination? then you are on the right page, where you can obtain all the secured information completely here. In recent times, the higher officials of Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission released an employment notification to hire candidates for Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services Examination PCS, Assistant Conservator of Forest, Range Forest Officer Posts. Candidates before taking up the examination have to read all the subject wise concepts from this UPPSC Assistant Conservator of Forest Syllabus 2019 provided here. Candidates also have to observe Various Sample Question Papers and Solutions for getting well practice before the examination. Get free job alerts from our Jobads website to get latest and recent job notifications, exam syllabus and Old question papers.
UPPSC Combined State PCS Exam Pattern 2019 – Latest UPPSC Syllabus
Candidates are able to check all the important information from this Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission Exam Pattern 2019 in a suitable manner. Most of your doubts will get clarified by making use of this UPPSC PCS Test Pattern given here. This Question Paper Structure was obtained from the official website i.e., uppsc.up.nic.in which is given by the Board members of this respective Organization. Candidates should gain knowledge from this Uttar Pradesh Range Forest Officer & Assistant Conservator of Forest Exam Pattern 2019 for Paper Weightage, Maximum Marks Allocation, Number of Questions which are frequently asked, Time Duration and much more. Moreover, job seekers have to view this UPPSC PCS Exam Syllabus 2019 with all exam topics clearly.
Uttar Pradesh PSC PCS Exam Papers
The below tabular format represents UPPSC PCS Exam Topics for easy reference:
UPPSC PCS Exam Prelims Test Pattern 2019
|Subject Name||Marks||Time Duration||Type of Examination|
|Paper 1: General Studies I||200||2 Hours||Objective Type|
|Paper 2: General Studies II||200||2 Hours|
UPPSC PCS Exam Mains Test Pattern 2019
|Subject Name||Marks||Time Duration|
|General Hindi||150||3 Hours|
|General Studies-I||200||2 Hours|
|General Studies-II||200||2 Hours|
|General Studies-III||200||2 Hours|
|General Studies-IV||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 1: Optional Subject||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2: Optional Subject||200||2 Hours|
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international significance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Uttar Pradesh PSC PCS Call Letters
Current events of national and international Importance:- On Current Events of National and International Importance, contestants will be supposed to have knowledge about them.
History of India & Indian National Movement:- In History importance should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have a synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be supposed. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad characteristics of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.:- The candidates will be inquired with respect to problems and the relationship between Population, Environment, and Urbanisation.
General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change –that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is supposed from candidates.
General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and knowing of Science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Note:- Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with specific reference to Uttar Pradesh.
PAPER-II General Studies-II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
Elementary Mathematics (Upto Class X Level)
(i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship.
(iii) Ratio and proportion
(v) Profit and Loss
(vi) Simple and Compound interests
(vii) Work and Time.
(viii) Speed, Time and Distance
(i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
(ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
(ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
General English (Upto Class X Level)
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
Uttar Pradesh PSC PCS Exam Results
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Syllabus
There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of essay will be based on the following sphere :
Section A : (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B : (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
Section C : (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc. (3) National Development programs and projects.
Question answer from Unseen passage
Government and Semi-government letter, telegram, official orders, notification, circular writing
Knowledge of words and uses.
Uses of Prefix and Suffix.
One word substitution.
Spelling and Sentence correction.
Idioms and Phrases.
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER- I
- History of Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern
- Modern Indian history (from D.1757 to A.D. 1947): Significant events, personalities and issues, etc.
- The Freedom Struggle- its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country (till 1965A D.).
- History of the world will include events from 18 century to middle of the 20 century such as French revolution of 1789, industrial revolution, World Wars, redraw of national boundaries, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism etc-their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their effects on economy, polity and social structure
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism
- Distribution of major natural resources of World- Water, Soils, Forests in reference to South and South-East Asia with special reference to India. Factors responsible for the location of industries (with special reference to India).
- Salient features of Physical Geography- Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, Cyclone, Ocean Currents, winds and
- Oceanic resources of India and their
- Human migration-refugee problem of the World with focus on India.
- Frontiers and boundaries with reference to Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements- Types and Patterns, Urbanization, Smart Cities and Smart Villages.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh – History, Culture, Art, Architecture, Festival, Folk-Dance, Literature, Regional Languages, Heritage, Social Customs and Tourism.
- Specific knowledge of U.P.- Geography- Human and Natural Resources, Climate, Soils, Forest, Wild-Life, Mines and Minerals, Sources of Irrigation.
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER – II
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basis structure, Role of Supreme Court in evolution of basic provisions of
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States: issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre- State financial
- Separation of powers, dispute redressal mechanisms and Emergence and use of alternative dispute redressal mechanisms.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other major democratic
- Parliament and State legislatures- structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers and privileges and concerned
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary: Ministries and Departments of the Government, Pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity. Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- Salient features of the Reperesentation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, Powers, functions and their
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies including NITI Aayog, their features and
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design, implementation and Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Development processes- the role of Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger, their implication on body
- Important aspects of Transparency and accountability, e-governance applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential, citizens, charters and institutional measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a democracy in the context of emerging
- India and its relationship with neighbouring
- Bilateral, Regional and Global groupings and agreements involving India and/ or affecting India’s
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests- Indian
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their structure, mandate and
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh regarding Political, Administrative, Revenue and Judicial
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National and International importance.
- Economic planning in India, objectives and achievements. Role of NITI Aayog, Pursuit of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
- Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive growth.
- Components of Government Budgets and Financial System.
- Major Crops, Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems, storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce, e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices, Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, Limitations, revamping, issues of buffer stocks and food security, Technology missions in agriculture.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Science and Technology-developments and applications in everyday life and in National Security, India’s Science and Technology policy.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology, in digenization of technology. Developments of New technologies, transfer of technology, dual and critical use technologies.
- Awareness in the fields of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Space Technology, Computers, Energy resources, nano- technology, microbiology, bio-technology. Issues relating to intellectual property rights (IPR), and digital rights.
- Environmental security and Ecosystems, Conservation of Wild life, Biodiversity, Environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment,
- Disaster as a Non-traditional security and safety challenge, disaster mitigation and management.
- Challenges of International Security: Issues of Nuclear proliferation, Causes and spread of extremism, Communication networks, role of media and social networking, Basics of cyber security, money laundering and human trafficking.
- India’s internal security challenges: Terrorism, corruption, insurgency and organized crimes.
- Role, kind and mandate of security forces, Higher defense organizations in India18- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy:- Overview of UP Economy: State Budgets. Importance of Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure and physical resources. Human Resources and Skill development. Government Programmes and Welfare Schemes.
- Issues in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order and Civil Defence with special reference to U.P.
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human action, dimensions of ethics, ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values-lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators, role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: Content, structure, function, its influence and relation with thought and behavior, moral and political attitudes, social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public services, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional Intelligence- concept and dimensions, its utility and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil Service values and ethics in Public Administration: status and problems, ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions, laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance, accountability and ethical governance, strengthening of moral values in governance, ethical issues in international relations and funding, corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: concept of public service, philosophical basis of governance and probity, information sharing and transparency in government. Right to Information, codes of ethics, codes of conduct, citizen’s charter, work culture, quality of service delivery, utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case studies on above issues.